Hacking Question How Do I Know Of My Switch Is aa Mariko Build?

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently Bought A New Switch (neon red and blue joycons) and im tryna figure out if i have a mariko build or gen 1 since i cant get homebrew running or even payloads. I didnt have any issues with my OG switch but this new one is kicking my ass

djorn2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently Bought A New Switch (neon red and blue joycons) and im tryna figure out if i have a mariko build or gen 1 since i cant get homebrew running or even payloads. I didnt have any issues with my OG switch but this new one is kicking my ass

There is no way to know. If you can’t send a payload while in RCM then that is an indication that the switch is not patchable. A lot people including myself bought two switch in the last month and I went on based on the serial numbers listed as not patchable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by djorn2k,
Reactions: MarzDaindigo

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial numbers are a great there should be a list made to at least help guide ppl in the right direction. Guess ill buy a TX thing, im not too familiar with buying legit hacking devices im used to doing it myself. Where can i find an official one?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The SXOS isnt yet working on the patched units, they have teased that they are working on a solution but no hard evidence as of yet. Whats the serial of the Switch?

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just bend a Paperclip and boot your switch into RCM and try to load hekate. You'll know instantly whether you have a patched switch, or not.

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
When you send the payload the status will return 0x7000 if it's gen1 or 0x0000 if it's patched the bootrom.

please note that you will still be able to get the switch into RCM normally and deliver the payload it is just the expected result that different.

the first switch I got from Best Buy a few days ago was patched so it's apparent that are retail distribution chain is now receiving these units.

I was able to go back and have him dig through their stock to get a vulnerable serial number but from the looks of it most of them were newer patched units. Mostly xaw1008 or xaj700021*

Last edited by iriez,
Reactions: MarzDaindigo

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not universally true. I purchased a patched switch from best buy a few days ago and it still said hac001 on the external shell. But it is likely that if it does say hac002 it probably is patched.
How sure are you its patched ? Whats the first six in the serial it could be the boot patched one and not the mariko .

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
How sure are you its patched ? Whats the first six in the serial it could be the boot patched one and not the mariko .

When attempting to deliver payload the smash will return a status of 0x0000 instead of 0x7000 if it is patched.

That is how you know.

The serial was xaw1008* and had hac001 on the back.

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When attempting to deliver payload the smash will return a status of 0x0000 instead of 0x7000 if it is patched.

That is how you know.

The serial was xaw1008* and had hac001 on the back.
But thats not Mariko thats just the ipatched which is eventually gonna have the same issuse its still model 001 Mariko has a different chip all together and wont have rcm capabilities.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you could tell by serial numbers? Although that may not be 100% correct (especially if it's a refurbished system), however I do recall seeing something on this site about going by the serial number.

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you could tell by serial numbers? Although that may not be 100% correct (especially if it's a refurbished system), however I do recall seeing something on this site about going by the serial number.
You can xaw 1007 and below are good not ipatched tegra never buy refurbished and that splat pack on amazon is my go too cause its old stock .

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
But thats not Mariko thats just the ipatched which is eventually gonna have the same issuse its still model 001 Mariko has a different chip all together and wont have rcm capabilities.

Where did I claim its a Mariko? I of course, did not. I couldn't make such a claim because i don't even have the slightest clue what is even different between current gen and next gen (mariko) switches.

The only thing I said was that it was patched.

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said it was universally untrue that its model number would differ so not your exact word but you did but its besides the point you did get a nonhackable switch .

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
You said it was universally untrue that its model number would differ so not your exact word but you did but its besides the point you did get a nonhackable switch .

Yes, and that statement still holds true. Just because you have a hac001 switch does not mean its vulnerable. There are plenty of patched hac001 switches in the distribution chain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf