Hacking How Do I Set Breakpoints on Xbox 360 Games?

Deleted member 474010

OP
Trophies
XP
I have a Trinity RGH2 (16 MB) on Dashboard 17559. I do NOT have an XDK. I also have Xbox 360 Neighborhood working alongside a stealth server and an xbdm.xex plugin. I'm using XCE Tools 2 to find memory addresses. As far as I'm aware, I have all of the tools in the Xbox 360 SDK, including xbWatson and XKD. I've also heard of a paid version of XBDM.xex that allows you to set breakpoints, but I cannot find a download for this specific version of XBDM.xex nor where to pay for it. I've also searched for answers on several forums including this one and have found a few bits of information, but not enough to debug on my specific console setup.

No matter what I've tried, I cannot seem to set breakpoints. I can't tell if I don't have the proper tools, don't know what I'm doing, or both. I tried RGLoader spoofed to 17559, according to this link: https://www.thetechgame.com/Tutorials/id=27330/rgloader-17559-tutorial.html
But, my console was considered a Test Kit and not a Dev Kit, making me unable to use debugging features. I've tried setting a breakpoint in XCE Tools and then using xbWatson to get output after an address writes, but even though xbWatson connects, no breakpoint is ever triggered, so no output concerning breakpoints occur. XKD cannot connect to my console whatsoever.

Could someone please type out a step-by-step tutorial with all the necessary files and programs for me to debug games with my specific console? I have my CPUKey and my flashdmp.bin, so I can flash the NAND if necessary. However, I'd prefer not flashing the NAND if I don't have to, as I don't have a NAND Programmer. I'd prefer just to use a plugin setup to set breakpoints because of this, but NAND flashing isn't a dealbreaker for me. Also, I'm trying to set breakpoints on the Borderlands game series.

Last edited by Deleted member 474010,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are free to ask but I don't know how many around here will have done much more than basic cheats/fun with memory dumps, and maybe a tiny bit of static disassembly. I am certainly not familiar with the 360 specifics and anything I did see was people having XDKs sourced from bankrupt companies and whatnot, not to mention even without that most people would be looking to doing things with PC emulators as and when they become viable for this sort of thing (10fps, somewhat unstable but savestates available and awful graphics being enough if not for most projects then at least some seriously game altering ones).

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Trinity RGH2 (16 MB) on Dashboard 17559. I do NOT have an XDK. I also have Xbox 360 Neighborhood working alongside a stealth server and an xbdm.xex plugin. I'm using XCE Tools 2 to find memory addresses. As far as I'm aware, I have all of the tools in the Xbox 360 SDK, including xbWatson and XKD. I've also heard of a paid version of XBDM.xex that allows you to set breakpoints, but I cannot find a download for this specific version of XBDM.xex nor where to pay for it. I've also searched for answers on several forums including this one and have found a few bits of information, but not enough to debug on my specific console setup.

No matter what I've tried, I cannot seem to set breakpoints. I can't tell if I don't have the proper tools, don't know what I'm doing, or both. I tried RGLoader spoofed to 17559, according to this link: https://www.thetechgame.com/Tutorials/id=27330/rgloader-17559-tutorial.html
But, my console was considered a Test Kit and not a Dev Kit, making me unable to use debugging features. I've tried setting a breakpoint in XCE Tools and then using xbWatson to get output after an address writes, but even though xbWatson connects, no breakpoint is ever triggered, so no output concerning breakpoints occur. XKD cannot connect to my console whatsoever.

Could someone please type out a step-by-step tutorial with all the necessary files and programs for me to debug games with my specific console? I have my CPUKey and my flashdmp.bin, so I can flash the NAND if necessary. However, I'd prefer not flashing the NAND if I don't have to, as I don't have a NAND Programmer. I'd prefer just to use a plugin setup to set breakpoints because of this, but NAND flashing isn't a dealbreaker for me. Also, I'm trying to set breakpoints on the Borderlands game series.
Not trying to advertise or nothing

But a question like this would probably be better off asked on a site like se7ensins

Most of the Xbox 360 devs flocked there and quite a few linger around/help still.

Just want to see you get the best help possibly you can.

Reactions: Deckard5621

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries