Hacking Question How do one get DLCs for Switch roms?

ReDEyeDz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How do one get DLCs for Switch roms? For example japanese voice over for Xenoblade 2 while using sx os.
I heard it's possible to just download it directly from eshop, but it's dangerous.

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do one get DLCs for Switch roms? For example japanese voice over for Xenoblade 2 while using sx os.
I heard it's possible to just download it directly from eshop, but it's dangerous.
You can use CNDSP_Next v1.15.1 or Bob's GUI v3.3 to download it directly from Nintendo Servers. Both of these projects are on GitHub.

ReDEyeDz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You can use CNDSP_Next v1.15.1 or Bob's GUI v3.3 to download it directly from Nintendo Servers. Both of these projects are on GitHub.
Thansk for the answer. This seems very complicated to me though (and I fail to find them on github too). Is it possible to just attach a dlc to a rom or just put it in a folder on Switch?

Last edited by ReDEyeDz,

Drban789

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I had exactly the same question. So what I recommend and it is what I will do when I get a chance. Find the post on how to install devmenu (offline) with XCI or cartridge Flashback game in the tutorial section. Then you can download the DLC japanese audio as NSP and install while your Offline. There is a risk of ban using devmenu though. However, I suggest making a backup of your NAND if you ever decide to boot up OFW and go online prior to devmenu/flashback NSP installations.

Reactions: ReDEyeDz

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thansk for the answer. This seems very complicated to me though (and I fail to find them on github too). Is it possible to just attach a dlc to a rom or just put it in a folder on Switch?
DLC has to be installed via NSP. To install NSP you need Devmenu. You can also install game NSP and game update NSP using Devmenu. There a bit involved, but once you set it up you are golden for future titles too. There is no way to just put the DLC on the sd card without installing it.

ReDEyeDz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DLC has to be installed via NSP. To install NSP you need Devmenu. You can also install game NSP and game update NSP using Devmenu. There a bit involved, but once you set it up you are golden for future titles too. There is no way to just put the DLC on the sd card without installing it.
I had exactly the same question. So what I recommend and it is what I will do when I get a chance. Find the post on how to install devmenu (offline) with XCI or cartridge Flashback game in the tutorial section. Then you can download the DLC japanese audio as NSP and install while your Offline. There is a risk of ban using devmenu though. However, I suggest making a backup of your NAND if you ever decide to boot up OFW and go online prior to devmenu/flashback NSP installations.
Thanks for the answers. Seems complicated from the start, but I guess I need to buckle up and learn it.
My other question is still unanswered though. Is it true that after being banned by Nintendo you can still access system and game updates? What about free/paid dlcs? I honestly don't really care about multiplayer.
Also can I use eXShop for stuff like dlcs?

Last edited by ReDEyeDz,

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answers. Seems complicated from the start, but I guess I need to buckle up and learn it.
My other question is still unanswered though. Is it true that after being banned by Nintendo you can still access system and game updates? What about free/paid dlcs? I honestly don't really care about multiplayer.
This I know for sure: If you are banned, you can still access system/game updates on OFW and CFW.
Now, correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand, you will not have access to the eSHOP, however, if you pay for an item in the Nintendo Online Shop (using a web browser on a computer/phone etc. instead of the Switch), the paid product will still be sent to the switch.

ReDEyeDz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
however, if you pay for an item in the Nintendo Online Shop (using a web browser on a computer/phone etc. instead of the Switch), the paid product will still be sent to the switch.
Now this is a very interesting part. I would love to hear a confirmation about it from someone else. If it's true then it should work for free dlcs as well.

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"...Also can I use eXShop for stuff like dlcs?"

You can use exShop if you already purchased the content you are seeking. So in theory, Use Nintendo Online Store in a web browser to purchase, then use ExShop to obtain it if you cannot access it on the switch itself. (I have not done this, I am speculating based on previous posts I have read on here.) But I believe this is accurate so if it is not, please correct me anyone.)

Now this is a very interesting part. I would love to hear a confirmation about it from someone else.

I read it on various threads here on gbatemp somewhere.

Last edited by morrison22,

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also can I use eXShop for stuff like dlcs?

Installing dlc and updates offline is extremely easy. Just find vid tutorials on installing .nsp files. If u are using sx os ts really just pasting a few files to correct spots on you micro sd card and pressing a few buttons on your switch. Its seems harder if you are trying download the nsp files directly from nintendo servers but they re all over the internet for u already. Just google dude.
I know u can download and install updates still after being banned. I d say never go online again with hacked switch. If online is important at all to you eventually get a 2nd switch, unless scene figures how to safely do it.

ReDEyeDz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Installing dlc and updates offline is extremely easy. Just find vid tutorials on installing .nsp files. If u are using sx os ts really just pasting a few files to correct spots on you micro sd card and pressing a few buttons on your switch. Its seems harder if you are trying download the nsp files directly from nintendo servers but they re all over the internet for u already. Just google dude.
I know u can download and install updates still after being banned. I d say never go online again with hacked switch. If online is important at all to you eventually get a 2nd switch, unless scene figures how to safely do it.
This is reassuring, thanks a lot.

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's true... you don't have to get the DLC yourself. You can just search for it. It's out in the wild. Give it a go now. lol However, keep in mind you still need to install Devmenu in order to install the NSP that contains the DLC.

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Reading a bunch of steps someone types makes it seem harder than it is. Go to youtube and u ll see its super easy. Not sure how computer savy u are or have ever modded a system before. Just watch the vids step by step. If confused look at a different one. If still confused comeback here. U ll get it i m sure.

Drban789

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that's true... you don't have to get the DLC yourself. You can just search for it. It's out in the wild. Give it a go now. lol However, keep in mind you still need to install Devmenu in order to install the NSP that contains the DLC.

Or you can hold tight and wait until the SX team comes out with their own installer.

SX 1.3 patch notes highlighted that they are working on bringing their own NSP installer. So its veey likely 1.4 OS will have it. We are all waiting for it.

Last edited by Drban789,

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Reading a bunch of steps someone types makes it seem harder than it is. Go to youtube and u ll see its super easy. Not sure how computer savy u are or have ever modded a system before. Just watch the vids step by step. If confused look at a different one. If still confused comeback here. U ll get it i m sure.

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can hold tight and wait until the SX team comes out with their own installer.
True, but its just so easy with devmenu as is. Especially thnx to people uploading all the nsp. I m not sure but i think sx os makes it easier maybe from the skimming i when it was dropping.

ReDEyeDz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did Luma and later a9hl 3ds some time ago.
My favorite part of those hacks was "If it fails to patch try again a few times untill it works" and it actually failed a lot... well, I guess it was a part of following a strict guide :)

Last edited by ReDEyeDz,

Drban789

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
True, but its just so easy with devmenu as is. Especially thnx to people uploading all the nsp. I m not sure but i think sx os makes it easier maybe from the skimming i when it was dropping.

Your right. Maybe we don't have to offer a donnor game to get into it lol.
But one thing is for certain your most probably going to be banned if you ever go online lol. Thats why you should make a NAND backup before you even add any CFW on your Switch. Then restore it when you ever decide to go into OFW for any reason.

ReDEyeDz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Your right. Maybe we don't have to offer a donnor game to get into it lol.
But one thing is for certain your most probably going to be banned if you ever go online lol. Thats why you should make a NAND backup before you even add any CFW on your Switch. Then restore it when you ever decide to go into OFW for any reason.
How NAND backup would help with console being banned from online? I mean I understand the CFW risks, but what part of it helps with bans?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat