Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure thing, buddy.

You are absolutely not. People have added cheats by themselves in the past, I have done it myself when someone else was asking about the cheat format and looked into it years ago.

But do keep on "playing" dumb.
Lol, you did it in the past but can't do it today nor prove that you even did. If it's so easy, prove me wrong. You can't. Do it right now. Show how easy it is for anyone to do it, or how clear the official website instructions makes it. Oh wait, it's not written anywhere on the website. You have to read forums like this to see how anyone got it to work, and yet there is still no practical way to do it.

I wish I could block you, but I don't seem to have the ability.
Post automatically merged:

Adding cheats is as simple as looking up the number of the cheat file, either in the database file or the online release number database, opening them in a text editor and pasting your cheats there.
Nope. Total BS.

Best I can do about him is hit the ignore button.

All my cheats are English and I can read them right from my GBA. The “bunch of numbers” are the number of the rom. There online tools that help you identify them. I think it would help everyone else if you name the specific game you are having issue with. Then we can focus on that more, rather than the “every thing is fucked, it’s shit” approach.
Those numbers mean nothing online. Show me a resource that tells you how to navigate that file structure and what games those numbers represent. This is one of the most cryptic cheat devices I've ever seen. Nothing is clear about it and there is no working tool which converts your codes to the format that it uses.

That ignore button looks pretty good.

Last edited by Readmit,

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my cheats are English and I can read them right from my GBA. The “bunch of numbers” are the number of the rom. There online tools that help you identify them. I think it would help everyone else if you name the specific game you are having issue with. Then we can focus on that more, rather than the “every thing is fucked, it’s shit” approach.
Here's a code made by SpencerlyEverly. By all means, show me how to get this code to work on that EZ-Flash Omega De device and show me how to find that game within the file structure.

Super Mario Advance 3 (USA)
No music cheat
Code type: Codebreaker/GameShark SP/Xploder
Code:
8300000A FFFF
3300000C 0000
83000010 0101

Reactions: slaphappygamer

k0walski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
I have no idea how to add cheat codes for games on the EZ-Flash Omega DE. There's a folder called CHEAT, and then one called Eng and another called Chn, how do you find the specific game you want to add cheats to? There's no names, they're just numbers.

I found this, but it's not working:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-action-replay-to-ez-flash-omega-cht-converter.559163/
Have you had a chance to read this page?
https://www.ezflashomega.com/news/6/EZ-Flash-Omega-Cheats.html

There is a line:
...You will need to rename the .CHT file to your GBA games filename and place it in the CHEAT folder. For example, if your GBA game is “greatestgame.gba”, you will need a “greatestgame.cht” file in your CHEAT folder.

Did you try this?

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you had a chance to read this page?
https://www.ezflashomega.com/news/6/EZ-Flash-Omega-Cheats.html

There is a line:
...You will need to rename the .CHT file to your GBA games filename and place it in the CHEAT folder. For example, if your GBA game is “greatestgame.gba”, you will need a “greatestgame.cht” file in your CHEAT folder.

Did you try this?
Yes, I did try this. It didn't work, because just putting your .cht file in the Cheat folder does nothing. You have to put it in the subfolder that corresponds to the number which represents that game. Good luck figuring that out, because the website doesn't give out that information, and I couldn't find it anywhere. You also have to convert your cheat code itself to the format that the device uses, and there is no way to do that.

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 1

k0walski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Sorry, but this doesn't help.
As a follow-up. It looks like a nice tutorial (haven't tried, but looks like a good explanation) here. https://wiki.bibanon.org/EZ_Flash/Cheats

At least it describes where the magic folder numbers come from:
...To create a new cheat file the name of the file must be the same as the game ID, the middle part of the game seriel number(NTR-XXXX-YYY). This can be found on codejunkies at the top of the AR codes for a DS game. You can also use a header reader to find it.

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a follow-up. It looks like a nice tutorial (haven't tried, but looks like a good explanation) here. https://wiki.bibanon.org/EZ_Flash/Cheats

At least it describes where the magic folder numbers come from:
...To create a new cheat file the name of the file must be the same as the game ID, the middle part of the game seriel number(NTR-XXXX-YYY). This can be found on codejunkies at the top of the AR codes for a DS game. You can also use a header reader to find it.
That's for NDS, not GBA.

k0walski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Well, they mention GBA as well down to the bottom of the page. So I suppose the approach should work for GBA as well. But, yes, I didn't try this.

Last edited by k0walski,

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, they mention GBA as well down to the bottom of the page. So I suppose the approach should work for GBA as well. But, yes, I didn't try this.

Code:
Here is an example cheat file :

[Inf Gold]
    ON=454E0,FF

[Inf Health]
    ON=457AF,20

[Inf Lives]
    ON=408D0,9

[Invincible]
    ON=455E8,C8

[GameInfo]
    Name=1077 - ¼ÓÀձȺ£µÁ [Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl]
    System=GBA
    Text=¼ÓÀձȺ£µÁ
I couldn't find a guide/list of the GBA game IDs that match the file structure of the device, not on codejunkies, not anywhere.

k0walski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
@Readmit
So, there are two posts here, that might catch your attention:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-omega-dont-buy-save-issues-honest-opinion.557700/post-8944018
and the next one:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-omega-dont-buy-save-issues-honest-opinion.557700/post-8944159

Even though the first one is crossed out, it has some explanation (except where to get the GameID2cht.bin):
1. 4 bytes at offset 0xAC in .gba file are the game ID.
2. Game ID from #1 should be mapped to the one from GameID2cht.bin as explained in the first link above.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using the online tool that I shared previously,the game rom number is 593.
View attachment 435593
in retrospect, you don't even need to know the number. As @k0walski properly pointed out by linking to an older post from the ezflash team, you can just name a cheatfile exactly like the ROM name, and place it in the CHEAT folder and it will work.

In fact, I took OPs Codebreaker code from this post, created a .cht file named exactly like the GBA ROM, placed it in the cheat folder and loaded the ROM with addons.

As you can see from this video, the code works just fine, and it's not just a glitch from bringing up the ingame-menu. Just 5 minutes of not actual work. It's almost as if he didn't bother to read any of the instructions he was given.

Too bad OP wont see it, because they blocked me

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in retrospect, you don't even need to know the number. As @k0walski properly pointed out by linking to an older post from the ezflash team, you can just name a cheatfile exactly like the ROM name, and place it in the CHEAT folder and it will work.

In fact, I took OPs Codebreaker code from this post, created a .cht file named exactly like the GBA ROM, placed it in the cheat folder and loaded the ROM with addons.

As you can see from this video, the code works just fine, and it's not just a glitch from bringing up the ingame-menu. Just 5 minutes of not actual work. It's almost as if he didn't bother to read any of the instructions he was given.

Too bad OP wont see it, because they blocked me

Good find!

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Localhorst86
You're a saint for still trying! :rofl2:

What a sore loser some people are... I agree it's not intuitive or super easy, but at least have a positive attitude!
None of the instructions online worked. He got it to work somehow, that doesn't mean the vast majority of people will know how to do it. This was something that myself and everyone I spoke to and every thread I read for information couldn't get to work, including people at the Game Boy Discord server who told me to just give up and that it wasn't going to happen.

Let's see his .cht file and what it looks like, since it's so easy. I'm sure it has very specific formatting structures that need to be followed in order for the device to recognize the cheats written on it at all.

Everywhere I went online mentioned having to convert the cheat code first to the format used by the EZ-Flash. Trying to use the code as it was didn't work for me and neither did naming the cht file the same as the rom name.

Also, he's not a saint for trying. He wants it to work for himself too and to make himself look good and justify the crap he was talking earlier. He didn't do anything for me or anyone else.

I agree it's not intuitive or super easy
You're right, it's complete bs.

Last edited by Readmit,

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the formatting in this image of the codes that the device uses, compare it to the formatting of the code I uploaded:

Super Mario Advance 3 (USA)
No music cheat
Code type: Codebreaker/GameShark SP/Xploder
Code:
8300000A FFFF
3300000C 0000
83000010 0101

and remember that this converter doesn't work
https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-action-replay-to-ez-flash-omega-cht-converter.559163/

and try and say that this was easy for anyone to figure out.

Attachments

• code.png
    code.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by Readmit,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let's see his .cht file and what it looks like, since it's so easy. I'm sure it has very specific formatting structures that need to be followed in order for the device to recognize the cheats written on it at all.
Everywhere I went online mentioned having to convert the cheat code first to the format used by the EZ-Flash. Trying to use the code as it was didn't work for me and neither did naming the cht file the same as the rom name.
Using the code "as is" does, of course, not work. It's in Codebreaker format and you need to reformat it to the format used in .cht files. But codebreaker codes are not encrypted, they contain memory addresses and values in in plain sight. Its just about changing 5 memory values.

Also, he's not a saint for trying. He wants it to work for himself too and to make himself look good and justify the crap he was talking earlier. He didn't do anything for me or anyone else.
You're absolutely right, I did not do this for you, and that's why I won't even bother giving you the .cht file. Continue being a dickhead that pretends to know better.

Edit: I'll give you a hint. The code starts with

ON=4000A,

i am sure someone of your intellect will figure out the rest.

Last edited by Localhorst86,
Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER