How do you feel about other DLC not being included in season passes?

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm pissed because I brought the season pass thinking I'll get everything they release for the game (DRAGONBALL XENOVERSE 2) well the only thing you get is this

Extend your experience in the unique universe of DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 with the Season Pass! The Season Pass gives you access to 4 DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 content packs sold separately, including:

- Playable Characters
- Episodes and Quests
- Masters and Masters Quests
- Stages
- Skills, Costumes and Accessories

SEASON PASS BONUS:
Includes early access to the character Future Trunks from DRAGON BALL SUPER!

I paid 30$ for 4 DLC's then they charge 17 dollars for this

The Extra Pack Set bundles both Extra Pack 1 and 2!

So needless to say that you are on board for a lot of new content including a total of 8 additional Characters, Parallel Quests, Super Souls, Costumes and also a whole new Scenario!

I think its wrong how they do that I'm thinking I'm getting every DLC after release but nope I get bamboozled with 4

Reactions: x65943

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's infuriating. I've had to change how I view these things. If there's going to be DLC with a game, I put off buying or playing it for two or three years. I consider DLC done in this manner to be kind of an extra price for playing the game early. I'll gobble up the complete version for cheaper than launch after enough years, and then I'll play the game.

Related note, I plan on playing FFXV sometime this year or next.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
usually season passes just include the "missing part of the game" like the "new maps" new story" "new levels" etc..
cosmetic stuff like skins or sometimes dlc weapons, or character are not included in the season passes, this has been true for plenty of games.. and i am kite used to it..

extremly rarely i actually play the extra stuff in the dlc... or bother playing the dlc..
dlc always feels off\not belonging to the game..
so i stopped buying season passes and whatnot, i usually just got the base game, because even if i get the dlc, when i finish it, i am done with it and the dlc maps i don't have patience to do them

Reactions: fedehda

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty scummy. I suppose we'll probably get to the point where the season pass is just another dlc - completely losing sight of the idea that one could purchase all the dlc through one deal.

I guess the season pass deal was too good to be true.

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very happy because the DB community might slowly decrease. owo
I ain't that mad

you steven universe ningen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Very happy because the DB community might slowly decrease. owo
Also its not slowing down any time soon

Movie 20 December
New Show 2019?
TFS DBZ Abdriged ep 60

Its a good time to be a fan

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Season passes, as they were traditionally, pretty much meant all current and future dlc bundled for one lower price. Companies have started to take advantage of that by adding more paid dlc outside of the season pass. Looking at you, Mortal Kombat X(tremely pissed off.)
Companies need to take a hint from how the Witcher 3 handled DLC. That was the epitome of treating fans right. You have to be vigilant when buying season passes these days. Read it thoroughly and also pay attention to what isn't included. Sad that you have to do that, but that's the state of things.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone