Gaming HOW DO YOU FEEL AFTER NINTENDO'S E3 Presentation?

Did you like Nintendo's E3?

• YES- It was awesome

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • NO- It was Crap

Votes: 88 80.7%
  • I DON'T CARE- Then why am I reading this thread?

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

loco365

Trophies
XP
Just gonna copy/paste a post I just made. I think it's really true when you look at it.

I think the reason why the Metroid game is getting so much flac is because it's Metroid and no Samus. In their eyes it's not really even a true Metroid game let alone a spinoff. I also don't blame anyone for being outraged at the E3 presentation, it was basically just an update to last year's E3 and the April 1st Nintendo Direct, with a few new things sprinkled in here and there. It's all old news, people were expecting big announcements and lots of new content and games and whatnot like every other company there at E3 was doing. For Nintendo to pull up short like that set them in the hole. Nintendo hasn't really had much of a decent E3 in years, heck look at when Nintendo announced the Nintendo DS. The crowd went apeshit over it.

If you compare that to the Nintendo 3DS reveal, the DS reveal was much more exciting. Nintendo has not been able to get this kind of excitement in years. Also, one thing that is really pissing me off is all this crap about Nintendo NX. We all know it exits. Stop talking about it until you can make it relevant. Until it is relevant, nobody fucking cares.

In my opinion, the only things that were worth their weight in gold were Paper Jam and Starfox Zero. Animal Crossing Home Designer is nice to have a date because now we also finally have a date for the NFC platform for the older 3DS models, and we also all know that Mario Maker is a thing. If Nintendo had announced some stuff, say, a localisation for Rhythm Tengoku The Best +, or even The Legend of Legacy, or even waited for the EarthBound announcement until this digital event, this would have been much less terrible than it was.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There needs to be a fourth option.
It was neither awesome nor crap, there were a handful of interesting new announcements, and no bullshit like yet another Wii Sports or Wii Party. Well unless you count that Animal Crossing Amiibo thing, but it's Animal Crossing so it's all the same to me :P
It was underwhelming, and a little disappointing, but when hasn't E3 been? I think there's a total of one time I haven't been somewhat disappointed by E3, this year was better than most. Everyone just has unrealistic expectations about E3.

Just gonna copy/paste a post I just made. I think it's really true when you look at it.

I think the reason why the Metroid game is getting so much flac is because it's Metroid and no Samus. In their eyes it's not really even a true Metroid game let alone a spinoff. I also don't blame anyone for being outraged at the E3 presentation, it was basically just an update to last year's E3 and the April 1st Nintendo Direct, with a few new things sprinkled in here and there. It's all old news, people were expecting big announcements and lots of new content and games and whatnot like every other company there at E3 was doing. For Nintendo to pull up short like that set them in the hole. Nintendo hasn't really had much of a decent E3 in years, heck look at when Nintendo announced the Nintendo DS. The crowd went apeshit over it.

If you compare that to the Nintendo 3DS reveal, the DS reveal was much more exciting. Nintendo has not been able to get this kind of excitement in years. Also, one thing that is really pissing me off is all this crap about Nintendo NX. We all know it exits. Stop talking about it until you can make it relevant. Until it is relevant, nobody fucking cares.

In my opinion, the only things that were worth their weight in gold were Paper Jam and Starfox Zero. Animal Crossing Home Designer is nice to have a date because now we also finally have a date for the NFC platform for the older 3DS models, and we also all know that Mario Maker is a thing. If Nintendo had announced some stuff, say, a localisation for Rhythm Tengoku The Best +, or even The Legend of Legacy, or even waited for the EarthBound announcement until this digital event, this would have been much less terrible than it was.
They made a point out of not talking about NX, not sure what you're on about.
I agree they should have saved the Earthbound Beginnings announcement though.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't watch it but I heard it sucked. Kinda agree since Nintendo couldn't be bothered to announce an actual Metroid game and instead gave us some 3DS bullshit.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
By saying that "they're not talking about NX" they're talking about NX, @The Real Jdbye, they're acknowladging that it's a thing that's coming. It's as if Sony started their conference by saying "today we're not going to talk about the PS5, here's some PS4 games". If you're not going to talk about something, here's a hint: don't mention it. Whether intetntionally or not, they're detecting from the Wii U "hype" by admitting that its days are very likely numbered, it doesn't even matter if NX comes out in 2017 or 2030 - open your noise hole when you have a prototype.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reO09Rt.jpg

won't be much longer until ratings and comments are disabled

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be fair, Mario Maker is like the poor man's LBP. Little Big Planet presents ridiculous level creation abilities. I mean, you can make some incredibly complex levels out of everything they give you, even in the first game alone. Mario Maker will not be able to provide anywhere near the level of complexity.
True, but it's kinda like comparing Mario Kart 8 to Gran Turismo - they're both essentially giving you same-genre experience, but both are going about it in completely different ways.... I'm also a big LBP fan, played every game, and have plenty levels I've created myself, or with the lads, but the ease with which you're allowed to create a Mario level here, combined with fact it's basically Mario, whereas LBP is pretty much a blank canvas, means the 2 can't really be compared... You get half an hour spare to create something on this Mario Maker and you're gonna manage to get a huge amount of decent level done - you get half an hour to spare on LBP.... well there's my point....

The pricepoint is the make or break for Mario Maker if you ask me... I've heard it's rumoured to be similar to Captain Toad rrp, which would be reasonable enough, but if it's a full $60, then aye you and Foxi can gladly have a good giggle at our expense! ;)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
True, but it's kinda like comparing Mario Kart 8 to Gran Turismo - they're both essentially giving you same-genre experience, but both are going about it in completely different ways.... I'm also a big LBP fan, played every game, and have plenty levels I've created myself, or with the lads, but the ease with which you're allowed to create a Mario level here, combined with fact it's basically Mario, whereas LBP is pretty much a blank canvas, means the 2 can't really be compared... You get half an hour spare to create something on this Mario Maker and you're gonna manage to get a huge amount of decent level done - you get half an hour to spare on LBP.... well there's my point....

The pricepoint is the make or break for Mario Maker if you ask me... I've heard it's rumoured to be similar to Captain Toad rrp, which would be reasonable enough, but if it's a full $60, then aye you and Foxi can gladly have a good giggle at our expense! ;)
Fair enough. Little Big Planet does take an immense amount of time to deal with the immensely complex tools and sheer number of ways you can warp the level to your liking. This is all just reminding me that I need to pick up a LBP game lol

As for the price point, if it's over $40, then Nintendo has lost their mind. As much as they're trying to hype it up, it still screams budget title and should be priced as such.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
By saying that "they're not talking about NX" they're talking about NX, @The Real Jdbye, they're acknowladging that it's a thing that's coming. It's as if Sony started their conference by saying "today we're not going to talk about the PS5, here's some PS4 games". If you're not going to talk about something, here's a hint: don't mention it. Whether intetntionally or not, they're detecting from the Wii U "hype" by admitting that its days are very likely numbered, it doesn't even matter if NX comes out in 2017 or 2030 - open your noise hole when you have a prototype.
It was probably a message to anyone that was expecting news about NX so they wouldn't go the whole broadcast waiting for NX news.
I see nothing wrong with that. It took all of 2 seconds so it's not like you lost valuable time :P

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I feel kinda retarded after reading about a million whining comments from people who, for no good reason, expected a million announcements.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel kinda retarded after reading about a million whining comments from people who, for no good reason, expected a million announcements.
People didn't expect a million announcements; they just expected more than what was presented. Nintendo basically spent the entire time telling people things they already knew, pushing awful DRM figures, and announcing the most disappointing game of E3. They then almost completely ignored the Wii U which doesn't exactly help the near death system, gave people info on two horribly stupid Animal Crossing titles, etc. Almost their entire presentation was a mess of old information or simply disappointing. It's undeniable that Nintendo was at least in the bottom two for presentations.

These are the only things anybody actually even sort of cares about:
- Xenoblade Chronicles X got a release date, but otherwise the game itself is nothing new
- Paper Mario crossover looks good
- Zelda could be fun, although not the Zelda showing anybody wanted (even though we all knew it wasn't coming this E3)
- Star Fox, which we knew was coming, but seeing some gameplay is nice

I guess some people care about Mario Maker, although Nintendo is pushing it way too hard for a level editor. Notice, they basically did nothing to add to the very, very lacking release schedules of either the Wii U or the 3DS. The 3DS is obviously less disappointing by a pretty wide margin, but the fact is that they still ignored the Wii U, just giving it the lowest level of required attention, much like how Sony treated the Vita the last time they saw fit to devote any time to it any game event before declaring it a legacy console and moving on.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I do apologize - come to think of it, it was a different member indeed. My bad, I'll redact the statement. I tend to recognize people by avatars and I got you mixed up with someone else. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Nathan Drake is right, I'm afraid - this really is a poor man's LBP, that was a very good analogy. A level editor is usually a cool addition to a game, not "the" game.
Hope he wasn't a right moose else I would of been really offended bud, I would of wanted front page apology over that! :cry: :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem wasn't the presentation itself necessarily, but the stark lack of Wii U games, treating the Wii U like an afterthought and kissing the 3DS' butt as per usual. I hate to say it but, I'm glad I don't have a 3DS anymore. I never thought I'd say that.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Apart from Fire Emblem, Nintendo delivered everything no one really wants.

Its just so weird from them.

Also messing up SMTxFE and making it some weird idol game is a HUGE blunder from them given just how successful FE's reception has become. Common sense surely suggests you should make the game more FE based.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too much about Woolly World, too much on Super Mario Maker, not enough on Star Fox, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and too much on the 3DS. If they want the Wii U to do a little better, they should've at least focused more on it.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Welp, at last people without WiiU can get Hyrule Warriors with some DLC in the same cartridge (that's me xD)
Didn't checked out the others presentations, besides Nintendo and SE, but i think at last NIntendo wasn't most of the time just talking, and not showing anything even if it wasn't new at all, but hey, more gameplay videos at last.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My problem wasn't the presentation itself necessarily, but the stark lack of Wii U games, treating the Wii U like an afterthought and kissing the 3DS' butt as per usual. I hate to say it but, I'm glad I don't have a 3DS anymore. I never thought I'd say that.
"I'm glad I don't have a 3ds because there are lots of games coming out for it" :unsure:

Reactions: vayanui8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...