Hacking How does digital title unlocking work for dumping?

ResonantN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a question about digital title unlocking and dumping. I have kept my Sysnand clean, and emunand offline. I mainly did this for backing up saves and dumping games to play on Yuzu. Everything has worked so far.

I want to play Zelda Tears of the Kingdom on Yuzu. I will purchase the digital version just before release to pre-load as its a big game. I know the system has to check online whether the game can be unlocked for play, which of course I will do on my clean sysnand. I am keeping my emunand offline for safety.

I am trying to figure out the best way to dump the game. I could install it to sysnand, unlock the title as normal, make a new emummc and then dump the game. I could also install the game to my sd card just before release. Then when I do the unlocking on sysnand, I can move my sd games folder into the emummc sd location and dump the game. How exactly does the unlocking process work? Does something in the actual games file change, or does something change on my actual system meaning I would then have to make a new emummc to be able to dump it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: