• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

How expensive is gasoline in your country?

Nocturno

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
more than 1US$ per litre in most places,,
here is only 0.045 US$ per litre, it always cost me less than 2 US$ to fill up my car´s tank (very small car)..

I guess that´s why they say here water is more expensive than gasoline, I never thought about it before..

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
costs in germany, in your currency/volume of choice (thx to google)

Code:
      Euro  Âgbp   US$
Liter   1.40   0.95  Â1.88
Gallon  Â5.29   3.59  Â7.10

noamkot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
more than 1US$ per litre in most places,,
here is only 0.045 US$ per litre, it always cost me less than 2 US$ to fill up my car´s tank (very small car)..

I guess that´s why they say here water is more expensive than gasoline, I never thought about it before..
El presidente gives you free oil to consolidate his Cubanisation of Venezuela. While it's possible that price of oil would remain the same, the upcoming collapse of the economy would mean that few would be able to afford even this rediculous price. I really hope your people understand it.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
El presidente gives you free oil to consolidate his Cubanisation of Venezuela. While it's possible that price of oil would remain the same, the upcoming collapse of the economy would mean that few would be able to afford even this rediculous price. I really hope your people understand it.

And most venezueleans do, I can tell you.
Things are going to get intolerable soon and then we´ll see
frown.gif

Nocturno

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela

And most venezueleans do, I can tell you.
Things are going to get intolerable soon and then we´ll see
frown.gif
yeah well, let´s hope it doesn´t turn out to be as bad as we all think it would, and if it does, I hope I´m living elsewhere by then..

and yes, gasoline is practicaly free in here, compared with other countries..

venezuelan economy depends almost entirely of oil, so as long as oil´s price is high, "El presidente" is strong, gives away more money and keep his people "happy".

but hey, let´s keep talking about gasoline,
smile.gif

what about new york, the bronx, do they really have lower prices?

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is american prices so high?

You are confused, Americans buy their gasoline in gallons (which is around 3 liters if I'm not mistaken) so you should divide their number by 3 and get the price per liter which is not expensive at all by European standards (not sure about Canada)

If you do that, then it's only about $0.89 per liter for me. Still it's kind of high >.>. Good thing I don't buy my gas though
rofl2.gif

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why is american prices so high?

You are confused, Americans buy their gasoline in gallons (which is around 3 liters if I'm not mistaken) so you should divide their number by 3 and get the price per liter which is not expensive at all by European standards (not sure about Canada)

If you do that, then it's only about $0.89 per liter for me. Still it's kind of high >.>. Good thing I don't buy my gas though
rofl2.gif

A gallon is about 3.8 litres, so it would be more accurate if you divided by four.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill