Hacking How I fixed my Godmode Won't Launch problem

darlenevile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to pass along the info of how I fixed the issue of Godmode9 not launching when holding down start during the power on. First, I saw ppl talking about how having more than one .firm file in the luma/payloads folder will fix the problem, as it gives the luma chainloader an actual chain of potential files to load. So I downloaded and unzipped the archive for decrypt9 and found the decrypt9.firm file, copied and pasted it right next to godmode9.firm in the payloads folder. Still it didn't launch godmode on startup when holding start. Luma started fine if I held down select on startup, but godmode was not working for me at all. I decided to try making my 3ds do an automatic reset. I went to the system settings and updated the system since I know the system will always do a mini reboot after. As soon as it said the update was complete and the screen turned black, I quickly held down the start button. Lo and behold, the luma chainloader launched and asked which I would like to run, godmode9 or decrypt9. I chose godmode and it launched. I was finally able to get it to work. I have since tried this 4 times, and each time it has worked, and finally I was able to install a fan-made english patch for a certain japanese game I've been dying to play. So for those with this problem, try adding the second .firm file, and then try triggering godmode with the system update's automatic reset.

~Darlene Vile

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@darlenevile: That's clearly a Luma issue and should be created as an issue on Github. You don't even get to the payloads menu in Luma. GodMode9 has nothing to do with it. Also, @BaamAlex, what I just said :).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot to add, the preferred solution to any GodMode9 issue chainloading from Luma 9.1 is to switch from b9s to fb3DS (don't worry, Luma itself will not be affected by this).

See here (easy instructions included):
https://github.com/d0k3/OpenFirmInstaller/releases/tag/v0.0.9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah still an abnormal egg came out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob smelled the same anyways
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd assume most eggs smell the same
    Lol Ken was an egg at one time!