Gaming How is your Switch Physical Collection going?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Physical :
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

it's the only one I have :(
I prefer physical, but I bought the Mario pack, so I didn't get a physical game, only a code.
I also bought 2 games which I think don't exist in physical form.

eShop:
Mario Odyssey
SnipperClip
Human Resource Machine
Romancing SaGa2

and few demos, it's nice to test games.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: DarthDub

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Skyrim
LA Noire
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
I think that's all

And loads of downloaded games.
i was really ready to get lanoir but then i saw you need to download an update to complete the game since the cartrige alone isnt playable, that for me is not a phisical release since without download servers the game doesnt even play sadly, i will probably get the ps4 version someday.

Cosmic_Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So im a phisical collector and so far my Cartrige collection Includes
IMG0476_A.jpg

Sorry for the potato picture

For my collection of released games what i want to buy and still havent
Skyrim
Lego marvel super heroes 2
Lego marvel ninjago
Unbox: Newbie's Adventure
Xenoblade 2

So is it just me that likes physical copies instead of digital only? :P share your collection.

OP, I love physical games. There are a few digital only games which I am waiting for Physical releases on. Got my fingers crossed that LRG will have a few decent releases that I can snag. Have taken a photo of my current Switch Physicals to share. ^^

Still want to get Rime, Doom and Skyrim. Already got my Bayonetta on pre-order. Fingers crossed the Jap release has multi-language on the cart for Bayonetta 1. :yay:

24g6hvp.jpg

Reactions: Xzi

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OP, I love physical games. There are a few digital only games which I am waiting for Physical releases on. Got my fingers crossed that LRG will have a few decent releases that I can snag. Have taken a photo of my current Switch Physicals to share. ^^

Still want to get Rime, Doom and Skyrim. Already got my Bayonetta on pre-order. Fingers crossed the Jap release has multi-language on the cart for Bayonetta 1. :yay:

24g6hvp.jpg
nice you got retro city rampage phisicaly, nice one, when i knew that was released only on usa i was sad, and now its preety damn pricey :S

also LRG already announced their first phisical switch games will be
Mercenary Kings
Flinthook
Saturday morning RPG

no release date but yeah i will be on the lookout to et flinthook and mercenary kings, i wont get the sMrpg, not my type of game tough.

Cosmic_Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nice you got retro city rampage phisicaly, nice one, when i knew that was released only on usa i was sad, and now its preety damn pricey :S

also LRG already announced their first phisical switch games will be
Mercenary Kings
Flinthook
Saturday morning RPG

no release date but yeah i will be on the lookout to et flinthook and mercenary kings, i wont get the sMrpg, not my type of game tough.

I might grab sMrpg. Not that fussed about those 3 tbh. lol Must have missed that announcement. Really hoping for a Stardew Valley, Fast RMX, Oceanhorn and Kamiko. Also want to pickup Dragon Quest Builders on Friday, but not sure whether to wait for a price drop as have plenty to play already. XD

Retro City, I was only told about by a friend after the first wave of sales sold out. :( Thankfully they had another wave of orders and was able to get the CE and SE. Kept the CE sealed. I think they have only just recently sold out of the SE on VBlank store. If I had known sooner, I would have let you know. :(

Last edited by Cosmic_Link,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Bought the 400 GB micro SD and I’ve gone 100% digital this gen. Makes a lot more sense to me.

wish im as brave as you, and probably rich (micro sd that size is kinda a bit expensive) haha.. i'm paranoid with losing my digital collection like having eshop banned , im not into modding or cheating AT ALL but you know when for some unforseeable reason in the future i dont have access to my digital library,i would be wasting all those time and money i invested for digital games on a Nintendo platform but i really want to go digital this time around, i agree it makes more sense with the Switch.. funny enough, i'm 100percent digital on xbox and ps4 but is paranoid when it comes to the Switch..

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Congratulations. Another thread for rich white kids to brag.

Great.

half true..not everyone in the thread is rich.. me for example, i only own 6 physical games, all 5 are gifts from relatives and 2 of those from my wife, the other one was from a trade-in.. just because we own games doesnt mean we are rich. I admit i pirate a lot but also support devs as much as i can when i have the funds.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Congratulations. Another thread for rich white kids to brag.

Great.
rich? i make minimum wage... wich is 557 euros per month here, in america you guys win so much more lol, i just save enough per month so i can buy a game , i never buy them new i buy them used on amazon and ebay and i never payed more than 50 euros for any of my switch games, you dont need to be rich to buy a game per month, people spent more with smoking wich i dont than a game per month ...

Last edited by pedro702,

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id have more physical if these publishers would get their fingers out of there mouths..... I perfer physical mainly because when i buy digital it feels like i got nothing for my money. it feels like i just torrented a tv show. 2nd, im also a collector. Digital also has zero value period. Would you rather have a rom of Areo Fighters for snes or a physical copy that you can sell for $600? How about a copy of stadium events for nes that you can sell for $25,000? Cant tell me the digital master race would rather have the rom then the cart.... just saying.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also to elaborate, the only reason why I prioritize buying retail games is cause the games are too big to be putting on system storage and I can't find a decent size SD card for decent price, lucky they don't have install data like PS4 and Xbox one does. Still unlike wii u where you can buy a $60 1TB HDD and just go nuts, you SD cards are expensive and has less. On top of that some games can't even fit all on the switch card anyway and need SD card to download the rest of it, this is a big pain. This better be fixed soon. Either make the dock useful and have it HDD compatible or sell some SD cards for lower price, you have enough money from those switch sales to do something about it. :hateit:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran