Hacking How long till the 3DS is hacked?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
What, high five because both me and my parents are also cheap? I'm sure that gives you a real sense of brotherhood.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd love to see this console hacked! I don't really expect much tho, as I think nintendo has learned from its mistakes by now..
However, I'd really like to develop for it. And, since I'm just a student, I guess Nintendo won't give me their official SDK
tongue.gif

I'd love to make apps Hologram like. Don't you think that would be cool?
Screens popping out etc.

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Midna said:
What, high five because both me and my parents are also cheap? I'm sure that gives you a real sense of brotherhood.

-.-

i hate you.
my parents aren't cheap.
they just dont wanna spend 30 bucks everyday.
(I usually finish games in 1 day)
Lol yesterday I started and finished a game and a half on my ak2i.
EDIT:
well yea I am also underage.
still go to school.

Element

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xakota said:
QUOTE said:
So, you pirate your games because your parents won't buy them for you? Get a job, you prat.
(And parents don't back out at $30 for a game)
I'll admit it. The reason I pirate games is because I am underage, don't have a source of money, and my parents refuse to buy me games. Many other people are in this situation. I do not plan to pirate when I'm older and actually get a job. In fact, I've made a commitment to buy every game I've ever pirated when I actually can.
Many parents DO back out at 30 dollars a game. Who wants to spend 30 bucks for a game that your kid will spend 2 weeks on, then return it to gamestop for five bucks and want another one? Yeah, no one.

This.
And the fact that I live in Brazil, where a game of US$50 costs here approximately US$130~150. When Brawl got released it cost here something like US$165. My parents gain something like US$5.000~6.000. Brazil is the paradise of taxes. So buying games here is out of question for me. When I get older, I'm going to live in US probably, so it's gonna to be easier to me to buy games.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Element said:
xakota said:
QUOTE said:
So, you pirate your games because your parents won't buy them for you? Get a job, you prat.
(And parents don't back out at $30 for a game)
I'll admit it. The reason I pirate games is because I am underage, don't have a source of money, and my parents refuse to buy me games. Many other people are in this situation. I do not plan to pirate when I'm older and actually get a job. In fact, I've made a commitment to buy every game I've ever pirated when I actually can.
Many parents DO back out at 30 dollars a game. Who wants to spend 30 bucks for a game that your kid will spend 2 weeks on, then return it to gamestop for five bucks and want another one? Yeah, no one.

This.
And the fact that I live in Brazil, where a game of US$50 costs here approximately US$130~150. When Brawl got released it cost here something like US$165. My parents gain something like US$5.000~6.000. Brazil is the paradise of taxes. So buying games here is out of question for me. When I get older, I'm going to live in US probably, so it's gonna to be easier to me to buy games.

This is a pretty interesting side of piracy.
It's like a loan.
tongue.gif

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I hope it does get hacked. Sure, piracy is an issue, but how else am I supposed to distinguish shovelware from the gems? (I usually go out and buy the obvious ones anyway)

Plus, I would love to see what people could come up with for some 3D homebrew.

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
specht said:
Personally, I hope it does get hacked. Sure, piracy is an issue, but how else am I supposed to distinguish shovelware from the gems? (I usually go out and buy the obvious ones anyway)

You could always just read reviews.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
dhjohn said:
specht said:

No review is better than trying it yourself, learnt it the hard way

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dhjohn said:
specht said:

I'm more excited for playing with 3D homebrew and possibly coming up with some ideas myself.

I'll read reviews and watch gameplay videos to try and see whether I would like a game if I have to, but nothing beats trying out a game firsthand. Even demos can be a bit misleading. Brutal Legend for example.

Though so far the list of possible launch titles looks like I won't have to worry about trying a game before a purchase anyway.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
doeo said:
Midna said:

-.-

i hate you.
my parents aren't cheap.
EDIT:
still go to school.
I'm sorry. It just kind of annoys me when people argue for piracy, even if I am guilty too. The first post you made kinda put me off, like the way it was writen, so I wasn't very sympathetic. I know what you mean about parents not buying games for you. I'm underaged as well, and my parents NEVER buy games for me unless it's my birthday or christmas. I have to buy them my self.

I guess I was trolling/flaming. I'm sorry.

Edit: 666th post.

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Element said:

Well great, ... in HR I gain cca 1400 $ and average gain is around 800 $ ...... DS games cost 100 $ ..... so go do figure .....

I buy 1-2 games every 2-3 months ..... and that one I buy is one I tryed and I know I'd like it... reviews online are not helpfull at all, sometimes someone gives high grades for game I dislike, and sometimes low grades for game I like most ...

Try than buy .... and hacks and mods (hard or soft) allow this ....

Im not underage .... actually 37 and as I remember I always try anythig beafore buying .... software, games etc. .... and always full version, since demo does not always show you what will you get in full version ...

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Midna said:
doeo said:
Midna said:

-.-

i hate you.
my parents aren't cheap.
EDIT:
still go to school.
I'm sorry. It just kind of annoys me when people argue for piracy, even if I am guilty too. The first post you made kinda put me off, like the way it was writen, so I wasn't very sympathetic. I know what you mean about parents not buying games for you. I'm underaged as well, and my parents NEVER buy games for me unless it's my birthday or christmas. I have to buy them my self.

I guess I was trolling/flaming. I'm sorry.

Edit: 666th post.

Naah it's okay
wink.gif

This stuff happens.
And I'm sorry I had to word it like that.
I don't have much wording skills.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
ball2012003 said:
Me:"So mom and dad, when do I get to buy that game I was telling you about?"
Parent: "Oh, I didn't like the look of it. Too much violence!!"
Me: "Pwease?
frown.gif
"
Lol.
Painguy said:
i give it 2 months - 1 yr. after all wasnt the iphone hacked relatively quickly?
The iPhone was hacked quickly because Apple have no experience with piracy or people writing software to do something they don't want you to do.
(Or what they want you to do for that matter *)

QUOTE(Painguy @ Jun 17 2010, 09:23 AM)
unlike the wii the 3DS is capable of extensive normal mapping and various other shaders with a consistent polygon count. The Wii can barely push normal maps, and is capable of only producing EMBM's relatively well. its from IGN, and so far IGN has been right about all the 3DS rumors especially about it not using Tegra 2. You dont even have to have a source. Just look at Metal Gear Solid 3D, and u can see the extensive use of shaders on the 3DS, and look at the smoothness of the models. It looks better than any wii game currently out.
They didn't originally intend the 3ds to use a 3d screen, the goal was to create a handheld which could show regular 3d graphics as well as possible.
My source is the Iwata asks interview with Aonuma.

Still, you can't judge a consoles computational power on graphics alone.

Shinigami Guntz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed something...about that Nikkei thing, the Software Install. I looked through the comments on it (No life whatsoever. Go me!), and noticed one guy mention...

QUOTE said:
Presumably, it's more of a way to take advantage of one of the positives of carts like the R4: the ability to store multiple games in the name of convenience. (...) AND it'll be expandable via the SD card (which, hopefully, can use SDHC cards) which would be very cost effective.

The main fun-fun-fun bit I found here was the mentioning of SD cards. Imagine it. Using the Software installer to put a game on an SD card, running over to your computer, and uploading all the files to the internet. Then, someone comes and downloads said files, and in a minute of work and an indefinite amount of time downloading, they can just use the SD Card.

tl;dr - Who the hell needs to hack for game backups when the company gives you the opportunity to do it with something completely legal to use?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Max 2 months. If the Ipad took 1 day to hack, the 3DS should be just as easy. A little longer if its through a flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3