OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
Ok guys i want to change thigs about custom title!
less posts to get it ok?

i don't want to set less than 200 because a poster must deserve it
smile.gif

the current goal is 1000 posts.

NOW VOTE!

the change will apply in few days

dpm14

Trophies
Website
dpm14.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Dear lord that is a lot of posts to have a custom member title...

Personally, I would set it at 10 and still have the defaults.

I don't know how much you guys experience it, but on a forum I help run we have a great amount of post whoring going on just to get to a higher post count than somebody else, to get that extra blue pip (or medal here), to get into the top ten ranked members and etc.

I think if you set such a high limit, you may encourage people to make the required posts just to get the ability to change the member title. Which can mean up to 500 or more posts of inane post whoring. Personally, I just tend to read this forum and maybe post every once in a while when I decide I want to be heard. I can understand possibly wanting the user to be a member of the community before they can change their user text, but I don't think this feature holds the significance of only being able to go to people of higher post counts.

And I doubt my 40 (20+20) posts make me a valid commenter on this board, but what can I say... I am somewhat of a lurker...

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Only people who are on the forums often and don't spam etc should be allowed to change their title.

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think 500 is fair enough. I don't post just to get a high ranking, I post because I want to take part in the discussions we make in this forum. In my real life, I usually don't speak much if nothing at all. But, here, I'm actually speaking my mind in many subjects.

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think 500 is fair enough. I don't post just to get a high ranking, I post because I want to take part in the discussions we make in this forum. In my real life, I usually don't speak much if nothing at all. But, here, I'm actually speaking my mind in many subjects.
My thoughts exactly.

C

Czar)Epoch

Do we really even need to have users create their own custom title? I thought it was good enough to be able to be a member on this board without any pre-requisites.

Lord Graga

He's the llamamaster!
Trophies
Website
graga.tri-bit.biz
XP
Country
I think that you should keep it on at least 500 KiVan, and mayeb you should add a "reward" system so that posters who made serious, informative and good posts could get a small bonus to his posts, like 5 or 10 +
smile.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd have to say somewhere between 500 and 800. The higher it is, the fewer people we're going to get, and if someone wants a custom title they may want to spam to get it if it's too low. 200 seems a bit low, though.

BTW, rather amusing final option. We know that he'll eventually hit that mark...
laugh.gif
But hey, so might I, eventually...

Really, the custom title isn't that important. I mean, only three people have them, and look at them all:
Neocat: GBATemp Cat
Me: GBATemp Ninja of the Crescent Keyboard (Though for today, to commemerate the poll, I'll change it!)
Dice: GBATemp Player
Most aren't overly creative. It'd be nice to see a change in that, and it reflects the writer as well.

KiVan, I noticed that we all use "GBATemp" in various spellings in the title. We do that out of loyalty, I think. There are those who wouldn't do it, though... is it possible to lock the word "GBATemp" at the front at all?

-Tempest out.-

neocat

The GbaTemp 1337 Cat of D00M!!
Trophies
Website
www.neocat.2ya.com
XP
Country
Hey!!!
This is a nice option with 6 votes!
Code:
1000000 posts, I don't want anyone to have a custom title but neocat
I like it!
BTW my custom title is the best
tongue.gif

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
i don't know if it's possible to lock the GBAtemp thingie in the title but i don't want to lock it anyway
smile.gif

because a person should be free to show his loyalty to us
laugh.gif

i want to lower the limit not to increase the spam
laugh.gif
but to give a new variable to edit in the profile of regular posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think