Hacking How many USB ports can I use?

Kiel2040

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've tried different usb hard drives (a Verbmatim, Toshiba, and a Sata to USB case) and with each one had trouble loading or installing usb games. Now im using different thumb drives i've got around the house (8 and 16 GB each), when I want to use a gem that is on a different drive I shut down the wii u change the drive and boot up again. My question is can I have more than one drive plugged in? Or the will mess up the system or something? Thanks in advance.

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I think you can only use 1 at a time for gaming, otherwise the wii u will tell you you have 2 usb plugged in.
The only time you can use 2 usb drives at once is when you use it in data management to copy a game between drives

Last edited by Spearel18,
Reactions: Ryccardo

Kiel2040

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks, so until I find a hdd that works fine in my WiiU ill stick to changing the thumb drives.

sleeperdk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I got a toshiba canvio basics 1tb + y cable and it works great ^^ if you* use the cable it came with it will format it and can install games on but if i play games from it, It will crash after 2 min because it dosent get much power so get a y splitter with it ^^

Edit:

Last edited by sleeperdk,

Kiel2040

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes but where I live haven found some place that sells me a Y cable, maybe when I need a new HDD will look for one with a Y cable. thanks

lexluth0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't make sense if it's a powered hub no need for a y cable... I use a powered USB hdd currently and I don't need y cable so in theory why would in need a y cable for a powered USB hub?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...