How to backup game carts.

In this guide I will show you how to backup games for Team Xecuter's SX PRO or SX OS mods.

1.Download https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/gcdumptool/releases
2.Place the nro file into the Switch directory on the SD card for the Nintendo Switch
3.Insert the SD card to the nintendo switch.
4.Load up the SX OS via either the SX PRO or SX OS via pc software.
5.Open up the album app
6.Goto the "HOMEBREW" section in the TX menu.
7.enter the gccartdump tool
8.Goto "Full XCI Dump"
9.If you have a console with a firmware that does not support exFat please select the "Split output dump (Fat32 Support)"
10.If you would like the file (XCI) trimmed please select that option as well
11.Select "Start XCI dump Process"
12.This can take a bit of time depending on the size of the game.
13.After the game has been dumped hit the home button
14. Open the album once again and select the game that has been dumped. (make sure you take out the game cart)
15. Play the game!

I hope this helps out some people!
-Midstor

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's kinda like saying electric cars support gasoline too. You just need to convert the gas to electricity first...
You are referring to the tools that convert them to .NSP such as 4NXCI and xci2nsp but you forgot that ZeroTwoXCI and dOPUS support .XCI files without the need for converting them. My statement still stands.

Reactions: Freezerbomb

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean direct xci loading not layeredFS bs
I'm not referring to LayeredFS either; I'm referring to the fact that ZeroTwoXCI and dOPUS can install .XCI files directly. And before you comment on how that is unsafe, they are installed into the same USER partition as TX's EmuNAND so they share the same risk.

midstor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not referring to LayeredFS either; I'm referring to the fact that ZeroTwoXCI and dOPUS can install .XCI files directly. And before you comment on how that is unsafe, they are installed into the same USER partition as TX's EmuNAND so they share the same risk.
this was never about the risks of it. Can we not get in a fucking argument? nobody cares. and wtf does this have to do with SXOS emunand???

Reactions: tbb043

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this was never about the risks of it. Can we not get in a fucking argument? nobody cares. and wtf does this have to do with SXOS emunand???
Because the point that you originally missed and I've been trying to make is that all CFW support .XCI files in various different ways; SX OS is no longer the only CFW to support .XCI files. So to make a tutorial that details how to dump them using SX OS is biased and is ignorant of that fact that I just pointed out.

midstor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the point that you originally missed and I've been trying to make is that all CFW support .XCI files in various different ways; SX OS is no longer the only CFW to support .XCI files. So to make a tutorial that details how to dump them using SX OS is biased and is ignorant of that fact that I just pointed out.
k :)

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the purpose of dumping game card certificates? Any advantages of disadvantages?
You need them to play the game online. In the future, you could possibly use a flashcart with unbanned certs to play online without the risk of a ban.

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this guide I will show you how to backup games for Team Xecuter's SX PRO or SX OS mods.

1.Download https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/gcdumptool/releases
2.Place the nro file into the Switch directory on the SD card for the Nintendo Switch
3.Insert the SD card to the nintendo switch.
4.Load up the SX OS via either the SX PRO or SX OS via pc software.
5.Open up the album app
6.Goto the "HOMEBREW" section in the TX menu.
7.enter the gccartdump tool
8.Goto "Full XCI Dump"
9.If you have a console with a firmware that does not support exFat please select the "Split output dump (Fat32 Support)"
10.If you would like the file (XCI) trimmed please select that option as well
11.Select "Start XCI dump Process"
12.This can take a bit of time depending on the size of the game.
13.After the game has been dumped hit the home button
14. Open the album once again and select the game that has been dumped. (make sure you take out the game cart)
15. Play the game!

I hope this helps out some people!
-Midstor

There’s an app in the AppStore for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/RDrjsrKmeOs?si=ZS8BcIGzWueChiGF