Homebrew How to coldboot rxTools with [R] trigger?

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
also this seems wrong especially since you run CTR

[KEY_R]
path = /borx.3dsx
delay = 100

try

[KEY_R]
path = /3DS/menuhax_manager/menuhax_manager.3dsx
You dont need delays they could also be contributing to the keys not working also never seen payload=bin for rxtools in ctr before
Why would I do that?
It works perfectly fine like that. borx.3dsx = What I renamed rxTools.3dsx into.
Why? Since that is the coldboot for rxTools.
I haven't seen it fail once, with the 100 milisecond delay.
The bin file was already in the config.ini file, all I did was remove the comments ( ; ) and add in the 100 milisecond delay.

needless say menuhax may not even load from autoboot in the first place regarldless of the boot manager
It works fine.
Not sure why you think that. Heck, you should try it out yourself and see that it has no problems.

Look the Best you are gonna get is CTR boot manager and heres the reason why.
Completely disagree, as I have almost got it working exactly as intended. CTR boot manger adds a extra screen/delay, which is much longer.
Heck, the second best alternative is exactly what I have for my needs.
I don't think you've used bootctr.

Last edited by code640,
Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought you renamed Menuhax into Bor because you config doesnt have it

Because you said

- If I hold R (no matter how long), MenuHax appears.

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
what is stopping this from happening for the few of us that stayed on 4x?
the problem is that Theme were introduced on 9.x firmwares and shuffle themes on newer ones, that why Homemenuhax can be used on <9.0 since Homemenuhax uses themes to be launched

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought you renamed Menuhax into Bor because you config doesnt have it

Because you said

- If I hold R (no matter how long), MenuHax appears.
what he want is to press only one button for HBL, another button for rxTools, and nothing for SysNAND (Which is not a problem)

Now, pressing L to boot HBL is not a problem too, the thing is to add in the code the option to press R to launch another .3dsx from the boot and not after the Homemenuhax splash appears

@code640
We should ask to some user who know how to program, I'm still n00b with this, but, as I said, it should be possible adding an "if" (this is the command) press X button, then launch x.3dsx file (This is not code, but you understand hahaha)
Maybe a copy paste and just changing the value for R button and the name of the second boot.3dsx

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,
Reactions: code640

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the problem is that Theme were introduced on 9.x firmwares and shuffle themes on newer ones, that why Homemenuhax can be used on <9.0 since Homemenuhax uses themes to be launched

what he want is to press only one button for HBL, another button for rxTools, and nothing for SysNAND (Which is not a problem)

which is funny since we dont even need this thread for it since CTR works fine

{
title = "rxTools";
path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
key =9; // key to override default boot entry (L)
},
{
title = "PastaCFW";
path = "/3ds/PastaCFW/PastaCFW.3dsx";
key = 4; // key to override default boot entry (Right arrow)
},
{
title = "Rxtools Emunand";
key = 5; // key to override default boot entry (Left arrow)
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
path = "/3ds/rxtools/rxtools.3dsx";
},
{
title = "HomeBrewMenu";
path = "/boot_hb.3dsx";
key = 8; // key to override default boot entry (R)
}

Also before you add this

Esseintially what you need to do is this for CTR and what you want.

Go to Homemenuhax Select type 2 autoboot Set ANY key to your sysnand Boot Maybe Start?

Reason why you Rxtools is there twice, if hes holding L to autoboot RXtools and keeps it held it will go to menu otherwise it autoboots unless configged in its own settings not to.

Aka if he sets the config not to it will boot menu regardless if he loads the code.bin or 3dsx file.

Also like i said he cant have it detect his Keypress on until the animation menuhax does is almost done, its how the console works in loading the code.
He doesnt need an app recoded for him its already made

Now, pressing L to boot HBL is not a problem too, the thing is to add in the code the option to press R to launch another .3dsx from the boot and not after the Homemenuhax splash appears

Doesnt work like that Homemenuhax loads the payload to allow the other 3dsx and bin files to boot in the first place, thats what the animation on bottom screen is, the code executing

Move on it all works fine

just timewasting now

/thread

Last edited by izy,

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to Homemenuhax Select type 2 autoboot Set ANY key to your sysnand Boot Maybe Start?
I want the default for SysNand to load via pressing no buttons.

So no, what you just did, doesn't quite do exactly what I asked for.
As you're essentially using default autoboot (no buttons) = MenuHAX image.
Then you're re-directing from there.

Last edited by code640,

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay thats just stupid if anything Sysnand is the LAST thing you want to autoboot
Whether or not you find it stupid is irrelevant.

I have sky3ds, which is what I use to load games. SysNand is more reliable (never crashes), hence I want that as the default.
Plus when I give it to my little brother, I want him to load into SysNand only.

Edit:
If EmuNand never crashed, I'd want that as the default. However, since it does (roughly 20%-25% chance of crashing), I'd prefer the default being on SysNand.
I already have a Nand Backup of both.

HAHA really
Edit 2: You do realise we've been using SysNand this whole time without any issues. Now that I even have a Nand backup, it's safer than ever for him to still use SysNand.

Last edited by code640,

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
which is funny since we dont even need this thread for it since CTR works fine

{
title = "rxTools";
offset = "0x12000";
key =9; // key to override default boot entry (L)
},
{
title = "PastaCFW";
path = "/3ds/PastaCFW/PastaCFW.3dsx";
key = 4; // key to override default boot entry (Right arrow)
},
{
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
path = "/3ds/rxtools/rxtools.3dsx";
},
{
title = "HomeBrewMenu";
path = "/boot_hb.3dsx";
key = 8; // key to override default boot entry (R)
}

Also before you add this

Esseintially what you need to do is this for CTR and what you want.

Reason why you Rxtools is there twice, if hes holding L to autoboot RXtools and keeps it held it will go to menu otherwise it autoboots unless configged in its own settings not to.

Aka if he sets the config not to it will boot menu regardless if he loads the code.bin or 3dsx file.

Also like i said he cant have it detect his Keypress on until the animation menuhax does is almost done, its how the console works in loading the code.
He doesnt need an app recoded for him its already made

Doesnt work like that Homemenuhax loads the payload to allow the other 3dsx and bin files to boot in the first place, thats what the animation on bottom screen is, the code executing

Move on it all works fine

just timewasting now

/thread
not relly... to boot CTR, you need first to press L or whatever button you select, and then press the button for any of you configurations... the case is press a button form the very first boot
power up = SysNAND (already implemented)
power up + L = Homebrew Launcher (already implemented)
power up + R = Second boot.3dsx (need to be coded on homemenuhax)
power up + R-DPAD = EmuNAND (which I think that it need to be implemented too in rxTools, cause Homemenuhax didn't launch .bin files)

this is what BootCTR does, but first need to go to Homemenuhax, so we need something like BootCtr does but from the boot, without the need to go first to Homemenuhax

@code640 ask to a mod if you can put [REQUEST] at the title and edit the first post asking for this

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,
Reactions: code640

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not relly... to boot CTR, you need first to press L or whatever button you select, and then press the button for any of you configurations... the case is press a button form the very first boot
power up = SysNAND (already implemented)
power up + L = Homebrew Launcher (already implemented)
power up + R = Second boot.3dsx (need to be coded on homemenuhax)
power up + R-DPAD = EmuNAND (which I think that it need to be implemented too in rxTools, cause Homemenuhax didn't launch .bin files)

this is what BootCTR does, but first need to go to Homemenuhax, so we need something like BootCtr does but from the boot, without the need to go first to Homemenuhax

the only reason this needs to be set in the first place is because he wants to autoboot sysnand and multi boots other files

and for a really really REALLLY stupid reason at that.

+he also assuming the fact his brother wont hold in any of the consoles Keys when it starts up which like 50% are set to autoboot stuff.

He should be happy with a 20% boot failure rate instead of having his little brother have access to sysnand GG

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
+he also assuming the fact his brother wont hold in any of the consoles Keys when it starts up which like 50% are set to autoboot stuff.
He isn't 5. He's 12. We've been using Sky3ds for a few months now on SysNand 9.9.0-26E.
I've only recently downgraded.

He should be happy with a 20% boot failure rate instead of having his little brother have access to sysnand GG
100% success boot rate = Better than 75%-80%.

I'm happy with anything free.
However, this is a request to help. Nobody is FORCED to help.

In any case, regardless of the reason. It's something I want.
It's got NOTHING to do with what YOU want or what YOU consider is/isn't needed.

Last edited by code640,
Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
the only reason this needs to be set in the first place is because he wants to autoboot sysnand and multi boots other files

and for a really really REALLLY stupid reason at that.

amm... it's not really stupid, if it's for his brother or not, everyone always have their reasons, which have to be treated with respect, anyway, he can power up his 3DS and then lend it to his brother... there´s no reason to be "square mind"... ¬, ¬

maybe he want to have access with Sky3DS and his own NAND for his brother and use EmuNAND for him, which make sense and it's totally comprehensible, another way could be to use their SDCard respectively and left the NAND clean for a good 3DS life

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/RDrjsrKmeOs?si=ZS8BcIGzWueChiGF