Misc How to connect to altwfc from r4 cartridge?

tomsalam67

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a ds lite with classic r4. Im using rom games and have the replayer and patcher. Farthest I got on my own was patching nossl on mario kart ds, wiping wifi setting, entering in altwfc dns, and entering in my ssid. I could then only save and when i tried the connection, I got zero bars and an error. I guess I wouldn't need to use the AR code replay because I'm on r4? How do I go about this? I can't find the right info for my case.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Patch the roms with WfcPatcher, go to wifi settings of any game and erase configuration if you already have a WFC ID, go back to wifi settings, setup your access point* and custom DNS, enjoy online gaming

* Of course, you would still need to use no or wep encryption

Reactions: Deleted User

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has Ryccardo's advice worked? I'm in a similar situation where my game won't even connect to an unlocked connection.

I'm also in a similar situation. With a patched ROM and the AltWFC settings set-up, I'm still not getting a connection. When trying to connect the signal indicator icon goes straight to full bars, and then after a while the connection drops.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Patch the roms with WfcPatcher
Alternatively, you can easily use an Action Replay code for AltWfc through your R4's firmware.

Has Ryccardo's advice worked? I'm in a similar situation where my game won't even connect to an unlocked connection.
I'm also in a similar situation. With a patched ROM and the AltWFC settings set-up, I'm still not getting a connection. When trying to connect the signal indicator icon goes straight to full bars, and then after a while the connection drops.
May I ask which game and AltWfc service you're trying to use? Double (or triple) check that you've used the right DNS settings.

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guys, I also have a similar problem

I patched Mario Kart DS with AltWFC, entered router info and AltWFC DNS's and select "Test connection"... Guess what? It has full bars for around 1 and a half minute and then gives me and error "Connected to access point but unable to connect to server" Please help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...