Hacking How to convert BFSTM to BCTSM?

WishyTheStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use Splatoon 2's music for a 3DS theme, but no converter seems to support Switch BFSTM. Even LoopingAudioConverter.

Is there a way that I can convert BFSTM to BCTSM?

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VGAudio will do lossless conversions between B_STM types, and supports arbitrary endianness for BFSTM and BCSTM files, so it can read and write the little-endian BFSTM files the Switch uses.
https://github.com/Thealexbarney/VGAudio/releases

Edit: Looks like selecting the endianness when writing a file hasn't been exposed in the UI (Mostly because there wasn't much of a reason to before the Switch was released), but the library supports the option.

Last edited by moosehunter,
Reactions: NWPlayer123

LucaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to do it reverse (converting wav to sw bfstm) with this tool ?

I always use this program to convert wavs to BRSTM and then BCSTM, but I think you can convert a wav to BRSTM and then BFSTM with the same program too.
In-topic: I think that rather than getting the BRSTM out of the game and converting it to BCSTM, isn't it better to search online for the audio you want and then convert it? There's Splatoon 2 songs all over youtube by now, i'm pretty sure you can find what you're looking for.

WishyTheStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for the help!

I always use this program to convert wavs to BRSTM and then BCSTM, but I think you can convert a wav to BRSTM and then BFSTM with the same program too.
In-topic: I think that rather than getting the BRSTM out of the game and converting it to BCSTM, isn't it better to search online for the audio you want and then convert it? There's Splatoon 2 songs all over youtube by now, i'm pretty sure you can find what you're looking for.

It's a nice idea, but I don't prefer doing that with video game music.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2