Gaming How to corrupt a word document

Hedgehogofchaos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the easiest way to corrupt a word document beyond repair?

I have this huge essay due tomorrow and am only 3/4 finished it. IF i don't finish it on time I'm hoping to hand in a corrupt .doc file.

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hedgehogofchaos said:

I have this huge essay due tomorrow and am only 3/4 finished it. IF i don't finish it on time I'm hoping to hand in a corrupt .doc file.

Hate to be a debbie downer, but thats kinda the cheap way out.

What version of word does your teacher use? If its anything newer then 07, you can type and save an 07 version and hand that in. Anying 05 and older wont be able to read it.

Hedgehogofchaos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My school uses 07 unfortunately, and yeah it will buy me at least another days time to finish it.

EDIT: I don't know how to use a hex editor but I'll try.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go get a file (not something that's text) around whatever size your essay should be.
Then, rename it and change the file extension to .doc
It should be a corrupt file.

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GL, but I still say bust ass or just tell teh teacher you need an extra day and take a penalty on it. Just my opinion.

The Guardian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
been awhile since I have been in school, we had to print out and turn in hard copies. This is ingenuous however, i like the way you think
gbasp.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
easier way.
open notepad.
type in "LOLOLFAIL" and copy pasta.
the more times the better.
Then save it as a .docx file..
Insta curropt and extra lulz when they try to open up their faildoc.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
If you're already 3/4ths done why don't you just finish it. If you do corrupt it, I bet the teacher will either tell you to turn it in again, maybe in a different format or make you turn in a paper copy.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
myuusmeow said:
If you're already 3/4ths done why don't you just finish it. If you do corrupt it, I bet the teacher will either tell you to turn it in again, maybe in a different format or make you turn in a paper copy.

Thats not the point. He's not trying to get out of it, he's trying to get an extension.

67birdman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hedgehogofchaos said:

Dude, thats a bad excuse, don't go up to all that trouble--just do it.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I do is just send the professor a file that has a similar name so that when the teacher actually checks and reads the paper I can already have sent them an email saying I sent the wrong file and that the one attached to the email is the correct one. However you always have to hex edit it to get the right date in, because if the professor is smart they check when the date modified date is. Usually I hex edit it to the Sunday before it was due, that way I look studious, but in fact I started at like 4AM the day it was due.

67birdman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Golfman560 said:
What I do is just send the professor a file that has a similar name so that when the teacher actually checks and reads the paper I can already have sent them an email saying I sent the wrong file and that the one attached to the email is the correct one. However you always have to hex edit it to get the right date in, because if the professor is smart they check when the date modified date is. Usually I hex edit it to the Sunday before it was due, that way I look studious, but in fact I started at like 4AM the day it was due.

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And you're gonna have a diploma at the end of the year?! Lousy English-Canadian, stop exploiting free education! I'm paying for your stupidity!

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm Antartican
biggrin.gif
no but I'm from the US and I only do that for classes that I don't like. Physics and Engineering papers I do some classes are jokes.

Oh and the classic .png>.doc is always fun if you find a big enough picture because it takes so long to load on mediocre computers.

Edit: It says I edited this but I don't rememeber editting this.

Oh and I don't exploit free education, I pay about $50k a year for board and books and food and tuition.

Okay enough about me, how much is 3/4ths? Is it like 3 out of 4 pages or like 300 out of 400 pages? Because it's easily doable even if you still have ten more pages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed, with his thing propped up in the air, a fly is flying around and landing on the tip and bothering him, so he calls in the nurse. The nurse comes in, swats at the fly but can't quite reach it, so she climbs his boner to get better aim. After a few tries of swatting and sliding back down, she says sorry I cant get it. He says keep going, a few more tries, and I can shoot the fly down.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Can I get his ☎️ # :shy::blush:
    +2
    oowpf What a work out it would be to help the guy get back down to normal :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't know why pizza hut has fries now
    You're joking right?
    But also by the same token, I wouldn't mind if they had potato wedges instead :)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Taco bell, and Mcdonalds both sold pizza, so its fair
    I knew of Taco Bell doing so, but Mickey Dees?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    yea years ago, small personal pizzas
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    McDonald's pizza was pretty good 🥰
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pepsi, and it's companies, did not pull out of Russia like most did, even tho they orig said they would, so I boycott them. (Except when drunk at 2am and Taco bell is only place open.)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking 4 wings and a small pan is $9
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Plus delivery, tip, and tax...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go and get it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wish there was a Sonic near me. I see the commercials all the time on TV, and the milkshakes sounds so good, esp the Oreo Cheesecake milkshake.
    +1
    Sonic for me is 60 miles away. :sad: So Nahh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Same, closest one for me is over 45min drive, too far. I have a Dairy Queen 3 minutes away.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I usually just make my own milkshakes at home with a Ninja blender, but minus the milk. - Ice, Margarita mix, and Tequilla. Makes the best shakes!
    +1
    Cheers Brother :D
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :ninja: