Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vncool said:
All I hear in this post is SSBB for PAL. Is there any dvd5 version working for NTSC (US) at all?
Thanks in advance

The dvd5 iso in this thread is ntsc. The simplest route is to use vv_'s latest ftb.bin or use my iso patch which uses this same file.

People with PAL wiis are the ones that have to do extra work after the above. They may have to regionfrii, brickblock / update remove, patch .dol for video mode, etc.

omgwtfbbqq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got 3.2E and 1.9G updates.

So i downloaded WiiZARD's release and patched the iso. with: Super.Smash.Bros.Brawl.WII.NTSC.TO.PAL.UPDATES.REM OVED.PPF.PATCH-iND

Burned on 4x in nero. I put the disc in my wii and the Brawl icon occured and i heared the music. It also required an update so i accepted - everything worked fine. So i pressed "play" and then i fucking got the same error as for Super Mario Galaxy - "Error: #001 unathoized device has been detected".

Does this mean i cant play it on my wii? What have i done wrong? ..the fucking DL disc costed med 8 dollars :S ... and i dont want to failure if im gonna burn it again.

qwerty6o4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uhh i have a ntsc usa wii and i just finished dl the game but thers soo much stuff in this forum i dont know which method to follow....can somebody repost the steps for best gameplay

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@qwerty6o4
see this, 3 posts back :wtf:
abc99 said:
The dvd5 iso in this thread is ntsc. The simplest route is to use vv_'s latest ftb.bin or use my iso patch which uses this same file.

People with PAL wiis are the ones that have to do extra work after the above. They may have to regionfrii, brickblock / update remove, patch .dol for video mode, etc.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
omgwtfbbqq said:
I've got 3.2E and 1.9G updates.

So i downloaded WiiZARD's release and patched the iso. with: Super.Smash.Bros.Brawl.WII.NTSC.TO.PAL.UPDATES.REM OVED.PPF.PATCH-iND

Burned on 4x in nero. I put the disc in my wii and the Brawl icon occured and i heared the music. It also required an update so i accepted - everything worked fine. So i pressed "play" and then i fucking got the same error as for Super Mario Galaxy - "Error: #001 unathoized device has been detected".

Does this mean i cant play it on my wii? What have i done wrong? ..the fucking DL disc costed med 8 dollars :S ... and i dont want to failure if im gonna burn it again.

001 error fix:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=765...t&p=1021685

nirow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well...since i'm not in the mood to read the 19 pages of this thread i'll say it just to inform an error that i have found!

If it's old news....sorry!!

But i guess that it wont hurt anyone!!

Well...in the Menu>Data>Movies...not all the movies (how to Play works) but i guess most of it (because of the replacement...obvious)...wont work....and will give the "eject and power off" error!!

In case nobody noticed it....dont click then cause it will just waste your time and pacience!!

Okey...

PS:I dont know...but if thats is something that can be done Wiifiend...you can go ahead and try!!
For now i'll just point the errors!!

OBS:Playing for hours and (except this) no errors at all!!

C'ya!!

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone wants to watch the movies that were removed, you have 2 options:

- find them on youtube

- extract the .thp files (Gamecube video files) from the dvd9 iso and play them on your pc using thpplay here or MPlayer.

------------

FYI - the video that is relinked in vv_'s ftb.bin edit is \ROOT\movie\28-00.thp

---

Check out kakkoii's page for more Brawl hacking:
http://ssbb.kakkoister.com/

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, what is the now the most complete and best way to get the dvd5 running on pal? So that's with regionfree, patched videomodes, update removed. There thread is just so long with so many different fixes..
Is saw this filename, is that a good patch? : Super.Smash.Bros.Brawl.WII.NTSC.TO.PAL.UPDATES.REMOVED.PPF.PATCH-iND ?
If so, can give someone give me a downloadlink ?

SonicKH

Trophies
XP
Country
mmm, it doesnt work for me, I did step by step all that says in the Readme manual, (Scrubbed, Replaced and burnt) and when the credits of the SS emisary comes, it appeares the intro movie (Ok) but if I skip the movie, or let it pass..
"An error has ocurred Press the Eject.... All that damned msg"
I use wiikey 1.9g
PAL system
Everything works except the final

nirow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
abc99 said:
If anyone wants to watch the movies that were removed, you have 2 options:

- find them on youtube

- extract the .thp files (Gamecube video files) from the dvd9 iso and play them on your pc using thpplay here or MPlayer.

------------

FYI - the video that is relinked in vv_'s ftb.bin edit is \ROOT\movie\28-00.thp

---

Check out kakkoii's page for more Brawl hacking:
http://ssbb.kakkoister.com/

Good tip man!!

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah I wasn't able to finish SSE. I beat tabbuu and then it froze.

Luckily i only did this DVD5 method to save my laser and I had DL's laying around for my 360. So i burned the DVD9 just to beat tabbuu and then saved my game and went back to the DVD5.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using vv's method, I finished SSE with 87%. Played through all the subbed movies and credits then brings you back to the main menu. The only problem I've run into was Masterpieces wasn't working but I think that's a known problem. I think I had some video glitches when going through all the menus but I can't remember which one but I was able to back right out of it.

Played 27+ events, Classic without a hitch and even played online.

ianlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using abc99's latest patch file (v2.1) I created a disc that played. However, SSE did not work, after clearing the 1st stage (the Mario Kirby fight), it gets stuck in an endless loop of a short video of Zero Suit Samus. This occurred in two different US NTSC Wii's chipped with D2Ckeys.

Anyone else had similar results?

ianlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PlooBloo: I think abc99's v2.1 patch uses the same vv's method you used. I tried re-burning with Taiyo Yuden, still getting stuck in SSE after 1st stage.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ianlin said:
Using abc99's latest patch file (v2.1) I created a disc that played. However, SSE did not work, after clearing the 1st stage (the Mario Kirby fight), it gets stuck in an endless loop of a short video of Zero Suit Samus. This occurred in two different US NTSC Wii's chipped with D2Ckeys.

Anyone else had similar results?

did the iso that was created have the same md5 I listed in the readme? 1fb616e10bd62660a829914bbaaf4003

If you need a md5 exe, try this one: http://etree.org/md5com.html

if md5 matches mine, either 1) my iso patch creates a bad iso or 2) your disk burn is bad

ianlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abc99: Thanks for taking the time to reply. I ran the md5 check and it matched yours. So the conversion went correctly. I have burned twice so far, once with Verbatim DataLife Plus DVD-R and once with Taiyo Yuden Premium DVD-R. I used ImgBurn at 4X with verification on a NEC ND3550A burner. Both times ImgBurn reports successful burns. I will try one more time with some Maxell media that I have laying around. Anything else you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and your generosity.

serpenter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will this stop that disk read error then, caus from what i understand, that was due to the DL DVD...
i dont understand and change the ohms and stuff, so if this will get it work ill do i in a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol