ROM Hack How to download cia that are not on the eShop?

noctis90210

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good day guys,
Just need a help here about archiving a certain cia files that nintendo released but not available on eShop...

The pokemon transporter have a 1.3 update, but its not downloadable on eShop.
I tried to use funkeycia to download the cia from nintendo, but it still contains 1.2 update.
1.3 update will be installed by running the game itself.

i believe theres a way to dump content that is already installed on your 3ds.
my plan is install the update (by running the game) and once update is already installed, im going to dump content into cia...

thanks and have a nice day...

EDIT:
solved... pls close this thread... i already found the solution...
the 1.2 update is not being updated... but the app/game itself is the one being updated...

Last edited by noctis90210,

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Good day guys,
Just need a help here about archiving a certain cia files that nintendo released but not available on eShop...

The pokemon transporter have a 1.3 update, but its not downloadable on eShop.
I tried to use funkeycia to download the cia from nintendo, but it still contains 1.2 update.
1.3 update will be installed by running the game itself.

same happens on 3ds smash bros 1.1.6 to 1.1.7

my plan is install the update (by running the game) and once update is already installed, im going to dump content into cia...

Google is your friend.
That iso site...

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why trouble yourself if you can download it just fine by running the app? As for SSB, FreeShop has the update and I think CIAngel does too...

noctis90210

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why trouble yourself if you can download it just fine by running the app? As for SSB, FreeShop has the update and I think CIAngel does too...
i found the 1.1.7, thanks :-) but about the reason why i asked the cia, is for archiving of files... :-)

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day guys,

D9wip's had that feature for a while.
A Quick google search would have turned up that info/

Edit:
Yeah, it's in the 'CIA Builder Options'
More info here: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/blob/master/README.md

Last edited by BOBdotEXE, , Reason: sass reduced by 38%

noctis90210

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pls close this thread... i already found the solution...
the 1.2 update is not being updated... but the app/game itself is the one being updated...

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pls close this thread... i already found the solution...
I don't understand why you thought an update would get an update. It's always the base game that receives updates.......

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You should edit your first post, then.
People don't often read this far down to see if it's been solved yet.
Most people do read the whole thread before they waste time replying for no reason; especially when it's only one page Lol.

noctis90210

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand why you thought an update would get an update. It's always the base game that receives updates.......

what i mean is im looking for 1.3 update... as mentioned on serebii the day gold silver vc released, theres an update on poketransporter... so im trying to look at it, but i cant fin the 1.3 update... and then someone says that the app itself is being update...

poketransporter recieves update differently from other games...
for example pokemon core games updates 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4... but tha main game cia remains the same...
but on poketransporter, after 1.2 update, the next update is placed on the main app cia and never receives a separate 1.3 update...
hope you get my point...

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i mean is im looking for 1.3 update... as mentioned on serebii the day gold silver vc released, theres an update on poketransporter... so im trying to look at it, but i cant fin the 1.3 update... and then someone says that the app itself is being update...

poketransporter recieves update differently from other games...
for example pokemon core games updates 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4... but tha main game cia remains the same...
but on poketransporter, after 1.2 update, the next update is placed on the main app cia and never receives a separate 1.3 update...
hope you get my point...
I know what you're trying to do, but v1.3 does NOT add Gen 2 to poke transporter (just a heads up) I've had it installed sine it came out. I know you were trying to build a CIA of the update itself, but the way you worded it implied you thought an update, is flashed to the previous update and not the regular game. You can dump the update CIA by going to Godemode and using the "0004000e00" options in "titles" those are updates.

The update IS separate, they just don't come as separate downloads. You have to pull the update .CIA from the updated game. Not all updates are released as standalone patches, most are just written to the game AS such, not downloaded separately and applied.

Anyway, if you're still trying to rip the update for whatever reason I can help you.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone's willing to help you, you shouldn't make them go out of their way to see that your issues been resolved.
That's common courtesy.
I agree, but this is an internet forum and most of the time people don't announce when they've found a solution, they find one and never report it, or random people carry on the thread after the fact. All I can say is try to read the last few replies to try and determine if the thread is solved. People on the internet have no etiquette.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ