How to dump all save data and extdata in one go (incl. backup save data)?

ngoomie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking to sell my O3DS and then use some of the money to buy an N3DS instead, and I'd like to mass-dump all of my save data, exdata and backup save data. I already know how to dump normal game save data as well as exdata, but the only methods I'm aware of only let you dump them one by one. I'd like to be able to do these all in one go if possible, but if there's no way to do it easily I'm okay with doing it one by one still.

One that I'm a bit more unsure of how to do is how to grab backup save data -- that is, save data that's been backed up on your 3DS when you deleted the game it was for. One potential option I can think of is restoring and then dumping all of my backup save data one by one, but that's a bit of a pain to do. One other idea I had would be to grab them using Godmode9 but I'm not quite sure where backup save data is stored, and on top of that I don't know if the saves would maybe be encrypted if I grabbed them that way.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
If you're using Checkpoint to dump the saves, I believe they do support batch backup by pressing Y and selecting the titles.

For restoring- you gotta do it one at a time I'm afraid, but then again I believe you also have to create the save before restoring, so it'd be hard to just batch processing it. If anything, you could restore it whenever you want to play the game.

Also, you're correct on that encrypted save part. 3DS saves are encrypted with console-unique key, and homebrews like Checkpoint or SaveDataFiler decrypts them so that they can be restored to other consoles.

ngoomie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Decided to look around on my own for a solution again just in case I'd find anything I didn't already, and I think I did find a potential solution that's more in line with what I was looking for. It's to use ihaveamac's ninfs alongside wwylele's save3ds. Then I can just snag whatever when (and if) I need it directly from my NAND backup even after I've already sold my 3DS, potentially including backup save data as well?

Pacomatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait!

What I would do in your situation is buy the N3DS first, transfer the data, and & then sell the O3DS.
Yes, you may have less money for a bit, but I doubt it'd be that long of a time.

Plus, you can use more easy and complete ways of transferring the data.
And, if you miss something, you can rectify that easily instead of losing it forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No like if you're on Xbox like a toggle switch that says Xbox players only
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, should be choice if you want cross play
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I plan on going back to ultimate with all the new shit coming that'll just be free on ultimate
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut? PS ain't tickling your balls no more?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No I can just afford both ;O
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I hear ya. You got a dope handheld coming soon, that should at least tingle those dingles.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably look like ass with Gamepass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, I remember posing for that one, towelie was messed up in that shoot.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Must have edited him in post, he looks fine there.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's true, both our eyes are straight white, and we know better
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're a towel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, you're a towel
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No you're a towel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you're a......wut. Wanna get hjgh?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was...