how to extract pokemon crystal map

lyokohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried to extract the pokemon crystal maps with visual boy advance, but I have to combine several files into one.

Is there a good way of extracting the maps in a single image for each city?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Such things have probably existed in the various guides since the game was new, and made several times thereafter by various game guide makers.

If it was some unknown game then even if I can ROM hack I would probably still give very serious consideration to using an emulator (and its BG/map viewers or turning off layers), and maybe a cheat to walk through walls or something (at least an end game save) pressing print screen as I go. Have a reasonable plan (zig zag pattern being a general start to get the most for as little movement) and it goes pretty quickly.

Pokemon RPG games are however far from unknown, and possibly one of the most hacked franchises going (Mario platform, maybe Mario Kart and Sonic being the main three contenders for anything more) so there are probably a whole bunch of map editors out there for a game this old that in turn display the results as you are working on them. I am not familiar with current level editors/map editors for this generation so don't know specifics to point you at but the pokemon hacking forums and sites should list various things.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=rom-hacking-center might be a start there.

Equally the game does have a disassembly so you can probably use that as a more directed hack if you wanted to go that way.

lyokohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for answer , it's not the modding ROM hack I want, I just want to get the images back

I previously tried "Polished Map" on that site you showed me, but it doesn't have image export.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work