Gaming How to fix psp phat analog stick.. for experience users ONLY!!

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HOW TO REPAIR A PHAT PSP ANALOG STICK

***DO NOT LEECH**

This is my PSP STuff Just to show off lol.
-2X 1GB PRO DUO
-1X 4GB PRO DUO
-2X PSP REMOTES
-3X PSP BATTERIES
-1X PSP MIC
-1X PSP SCREW DRIVER

101_0226-1.jpg

SOME TIMES PEOPLE BLAME THE ANALOG STICK FOR THE LOSSES, BUT USUALLY ITS NOT THE ANALOG STICK FAULT! IT USUALLY THE CHEAP PSP INTERNAL HARDWARE. SO IM HERE TO SHOW YOU HOW TO FIX IT. FOR EXPERIENCE USERS ONLY!!!

~~1ST~~
*TAKE THE PSP APART!!!

101_0229-1.jpg

~~2ND~~
*FOCUS ON THIS SPOT AND REMOVE THE CLEAR SMALL BLOCK.. !!!BE CAREFUL!!!
101_0230-1-1.jpg

~~3RD~~
*IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS>>> NOW CLEAN THAT CLEAR RUBBER OFF BECAUSE IT MAY BE DIRTY AND WORN OUT. YOU WILL NOTICE IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY AT THE CLEAR BLOCK IT IS WORN OUT A BIT. NOW PLACE THE BLOCK BACK IN. MAY SURE THE WHERE THE WORN OUT PRONGS WERE IS PUT IN THE OPPOSITE WAY.

101_0231.jpg

*** NOTE TO USERS...

IF YOU DO THE 3RD STEP WRONG YOUR ANALOG STICK WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY. JUST KEEP RETRYING THIS STEP. IF YOU DID IT RIGHT YOU STICK SHOULD WORK LIKE YOU JUST BOUGHT A NEW PSP.

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot for this. I was always puzzled at what exactly was causing my analog to react differently ever since I changed my faceplate.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

When I bought my third joystick (yes, third -second replacement joystick) it worked perfectly, not a thing wrong with it. But recently after I slide the joystick in a certain direction, it'll slowly keep moving in that direction, even after the stick itself has returned to its resting position. Will doing what you said to do in this little tutorial help me any? It's a black phat PSP with a white joystick btw.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there also a nice alternative
Ive gotten tried of taking my PSP apart every month and sometimes it didnt effect anything and only made things worse

its a prx called joysens
http://www.fx-world.org/wordpress/?p=41

QUOTE said:
This plugin changes the analog sticks sensitivity to more useablity in the following ways:
- It changes the axial mapping to a cubic (or other selected) form so that small movements don't get recognized too early.
This means that you can move cursors more exactly and don't have it jumping around on the screen.
Also, this greatly reduces and fixes the 'ghosting' of a faulty analog stick.
- It applies a sensitivity scale to linearly change the responsiveness (and maximal amplitude for values < 100%)
of the stick. With this you can 'slow down' the analog stick.
- It filters movement of the analog stick so that abrupt changes are further smoothed (adjustable).
- It is possible to calibrate the analog stick so it centers properly
- It is possible to rescale the analog stick so it returns correct ranged values (when analog doesn't work in one or two directions any more)
- It allows to remap the DPad to the analog, so you can play games that require analog input with a broken stick
- It allows to remap the analog to DPad, so you can for example control the XMB with the analog
- It allows to swap analog and DPad, so you can easily change control of your games from analog to DPad while still having DPad input

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of fixing joysticks, do you happen to have a guide in re-attaching the joystick back into place? (I don't mean the cap, I mean the whole stick >.< ). My lil cousin broke his joystick while playing Monster Hunter but we can't figure out how to place it back in. I took it apart and even removed the little analog chip under the face plate to get a better view of the inside part where the analog stick should be attached but we couldn't see a problem.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
Speaking of fixing joysticks, do you happen to have a guide in re-attaching the joystick back into place? (I don't mean the cap, I mean the whole stick >.< ). My lil cousin broke his joystick while playing Monster Hunter but we can't figure out how to place it back in. I took it apart and even removed the little analog chip under the face plate to get a better view of the inside part where the analog stick should be attached but we couldn't see a problem.

There are two screws that you must put back on when you replace a joystick, if for some reason the little plastic things that go between the screw and the faceplate have broken off, it's time to buy a new stick.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
Wow, I never knew that the PSP supposedly had a bad analog, but I'll be passing this on to my friend who has a PSP.
it affects some PSP's
and be aware this is with years of use
at least thats when mine started but I installed that prx and problem fixed

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
gizmo_gal said:
Wow, I never knew that the PSP supposedly had a bad analog, but I'll be passing this on to my friend who has a PSP.
it affects some PSP's
and be aware this is with years of use
at least thats when mine started but I installed that prx and problem fixed

I've no idea how old my psp is, got it free when it had a lot wrong with it (had to replace the screen, joystick, and power board, still have a few minor cosmetic replacements to do).

I have to say thank you for the info on joysens, setting my sensitivity to 160% fixed the problem I was having. (tried it first as I really didn't wanna take my faceplate off (been sore from working))

Taziz

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't know that there was a analog stick repairing for advance users ? yesterday I repaird my analog stick and it was the first time I did it, and the result was it worked know I'm playing monster hunter again

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats bascially all I know how to do is remove the faceplate and buttons d:
everything else I dont mess with

also the most annoying part
dust just seems to come out of nowhere and go on the inside of the faceplate onto the LCD
after you just closed it and screwed to togther...

santo2k4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI i broke my analog stick on my Fat psp... i bought the replacement part and changed it but my stick still not working so i searched on the net and saw on this topic about that clear rubber i dont have it or maybe i lost it wen i opened my psp.... any idea where can i buy 1 os those or how can i do??? >.< TY very much!

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can no longer open up my psp anymore cause the screws are messed up. anyways that prx, can it disable the analog stick in any way? cause a lot of my games i play the analog does the same thing as the d-pad. my analog stick goes craazy. i go to web browser and it will move in random circle motion on its own lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro