Hacking How to Hack my 360

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I've got an Xbox 360 laying around ( Original Premium no HDMI ) and I was wondering is there an easy tutorial of what to do, what is required ect

I've had a search and I literally just want I written tutorial on how to make it so I can burn and play back ups, I don't mind what it requires as long as everything is in an easy to understand and tells me exactly what I need to go about it

Thanks guys

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what kind of dvd drive is in it? that's the problem, if you know what dvd drive you have you will find a good guide. its very simple process.

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
VashTS said:
what kind of dvd drive is in it? that's the problem, if you know what dvd drive you have you will find a good guide. its very simple process.

How do I find out
biggrin.gif

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find out what dashboard you have. It might be jtagable and if so, that is the way to go. Don't take a dash update!

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edster said:
Find out what dashboard you have. It might be jtagable and if so, that is the way to go. Don't take a dash update!
I agree, check your dashboard. If you have a low enough one and a jtagable motherboard, it would be way better of a hack.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Required- compatible SATA controller. Via 6421 (and onboard via of similar vintage) and Nvidia nforce 3 and 4 are the usual ones (VIA do external cards should you so desire). If you do not know what you have CPUz will tell you http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Optional depending on the person you speak to- Drive powering device. It is sata but has a custom power cable instead, you can build one (pinout on http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=668247 ) or buy one (several options ranging from handmade version of the link a second ago to commercial ones like the maximus Xtractor and xecuter CK3)
You can however use your 360 itself to power the drive, it makes some things a bit more tricky (powering and ejecting the drive) but still very possible. Do remember to electrically join (use a wire, some tin foil or something) the 360 metal case and your PC case though. Some have said it might at the very least help flag you for a ban (the 360 knows it was powered without a dvd drive) but no real evidence has been found this is the case.

Very optional- case opening kit. torx screwdrivers sure but the case opening tool is optional- I usually use a poker and have a scalpel to hand.

Not necessary for benq- a liteon 7 series probe, 8v/9 series dual probe/switch kit or pogo ma thoin probe.

Alternative- these days all in one/standalone flashing devices exist if you want. They cost a lot more than a £10 SATA card though.

For what it is worth Benq and samsung drives are probably the easiest of all the 360 drives to flash.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to flashing the xbox, I always find someone on craigslist to do it for me but this time I Really want to figure out how to do it myself. I have NONE of the necessary tools required to flash the xbox, I dont even have the stuff to open the darn thing up..I am already banned from xbox live so I dont care about that, but I have read about the x360usb device that makes things easier to flash so I was thinking about getting that but not sure if I could even use that..there is this guy that will flash it for me about 20 min from my house(By car) but having to get someone to take me there, oh so annoying, just really wish I could do this myself but from the youtube videos looks so hard, but when done in person looks so easy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, is that kinda like bonzi buddy?