Status
Not open for further replies.

paper183

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What am I? Chopped liver? I still haven't received any help or even reply on this matter what so ever.
It seems like the file nzone.sh cannot be found, so either you are using the old .com url or your router does not support wget. This is only a guess, I've been using the vmware image not a router.

So I tried to telnet into my router and I used my login and it said incorrect login. I tried the root/notforall mentioned in the last page, and it also says its an incorrect login. I am supposed to be trying to telnet in, correct?
The root/notforall user is only for the vmware image not for routers. Do you have dd-wrt installed on your router?
If so you can use this page to make sure you're using telnet correctly: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Telnet/SSH_and_the_Command_Line

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It seems like the file nzone.sh cannot be found, so either you are using the old .com url or your router does not support wget. This is only a guess, I've been using the vmware image not a router.

This could well be the problem. Is there any way for me to test if my router supports wget? As i have tried every variation of the URL i have found in this thread. I'm not gonna be upset if it doesn't i bought it a while back for DD-WRT, but it didn't serve my purposes at the time, i bought it with cash lost the receipt so i couldn't return it, it was convenient when i remembered having it when I was looking at getting something to set up a streetpass relay.

Last edited by Sahloknir,

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
The root/notforall user is only for the vmware image not for routers. Do you have dd-wrt installed on your router?
If so you can use this page to make sure you're using telnet correctly: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Telnet/SSH_and_the_Command_Line

I'm definitely logging in properly, I'm familiar with telnet and its responding with a login screen, I just can't log in. What account/password am I supposed to use for this? My router administration login isn't working so what else can it be?

DD-WRT v24-sp2 std (c) 2009 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 10/10/09 (SVN revision: 13064)

DD-WRT login: chango
Password:
Login incorrect
DD-WRT v24-sp2 std (c) 2009 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 10/10/09 (SVN revision: 13064)

DD-WRT login:

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely logging in properly, I'm familiar with telnet and its responding with a login screen, I just can't log in. What account/password am I supposed to use for this? My router administration login isn't working so what else can it be?
User root and for pass use your pass

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm currently looking into my options with a Raspberry Pi, and want to check a couple of things. First, do the OS options listed at the start of this topic support Raspberry Pi 3 (just released)? And how best to check if a wifi dongle will work with the OS?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently looking into my options with a Raspberry Pi, and want to check a couple of things. First, do the OS options listed at the start of this topic support Raspberry Pi 3 (just released)? And how best to check if a wifi dongle will work with the OS?
Check the websites for the os they list what you need and what it works with

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Maybe look on ebay or something for the same models
Yeah, if that proves harder than it sounds, I may just go to using it on my PC, i don't really want to, as i want to be able to have the homepass running 24/7 without having to worry about much power usage.

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
User root and for pass use your pass

Thank you, this worked.

I was able to use:
vi /tmp/nzone

I was able to change the server to dynu.net from what it was previously and saved. The server works again perfectly along with rotating MAC addresses.

The problem I have now is that every time I turn the server off, /tmp/nzone reverts to no-ip.org.

I sought next to edit /tmp/nzone.sh, but no such file exists in /tmp - just nzone and nzone.macs.

Does anyone know where I can find this file or what I can do to ensure nzone doesn't revert back? There's gotta be a nzone.sh somewhere because every time that script runs it creates nzone in /tmp with the old no-ip.org address....

frozenslayer

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
check the script there's a typo where dynu.net is still dynu.com
we already pasted the answer two time on last pages

Yeah i looked it up and also figured out that I didn't give it a cron job. It is working excellently right now ! Thanks for replying to me !

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can somebody point me into the right direction? I bought a usb dongle which should be compatible with homepassing. Its a ralink rt2870 chipset.

Now I downloaded a VMWare debian image with homepass preconfigured and its not working. The wlan0 device is not found and nothing is happening.
If I change the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rule in the last line from wlan1 to wlan0 and restart the system, it seems to work but I dont get any streetpasses. The Nintendozone icon comes up and it IS working, but still no streetpasses. Internetaccess is also working.

The nzone.vbs script for windows just gives me a msxml3.dll error and terminates. I don't want to change systemlanguage like somoeone mentioned.

Most posts are from 2014, what is still working up today? Im very confused with the startthread. The dongle should work, it passes the maccheck.cmd test. I've got the dongle and a windows10 system.

Last edited by GothicIII,

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
So I have followed the advice in the last few pages of this thread and everything is working great for the most part. I edited the line in nzone and changed the address to dynu.net and it is MAC cycling and bringing me lots of Street Passes. But now every time I start the cron job, it reverts nzone and I need to go back and manually edit nzone to change the address back to dynu.net. How can I make a permanent modifiction to nzone so I won't have to edit it again every time I start the cronjob?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can somebody point me into the right direction? I bought a usb dongle which should be compatible with homepassing. Its a ralink rt2870 chipset.

Now I downloaded a VMWare debian image with homepass preconfigured and its not working. The wlan0 device is not found and nothing is happening.
If I change the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rule in the last line from wlan1 to wlan0 and restart the system, it seems to work but I dont get any streetpasses. The Nintendozone icon comes up and it IS working, but still no streetpasses. Internetaccess is also working.

The nzone.vbs script for windows just gives me a msxml3.dll error and terminates. I don't want to change systemlanguage like somoeone mentioned.

Most posts are from 2014, what is still working up today? Im very confused with the startthread. The dongle should work, it passes the maccheck.cmd test. I've got the dongle and a windows10 system.

I still need some help. The VMWare preinstalled image is garbage. I modified the scripts and it produces kernel errors when changing the mac address (not sure anymore, basicly it says that the wifi dongle is locked then followed by "cannot authenticate <MAC>"). Trying to reinstall the script produces a weird c++ error and the script exits with not depends nl80211 because when it runs lshw the binary produces only garbage as output.
I managed to run nzone on a new installed system but Im not sure if its normal if you get only 10 streetpasses after 8 hours. (1x only). It cycles through the mac addresses I think, but yesterday I had a nzone.macs with 40 address and I checked today and there are only 10 left.
Whats the issue? Sorry beeing so vague but I have to go now. If you tell me what logs/settings you need Ill post them.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok I rewrote parts of the nzone script and made it more stable. It cycles now through the nzone.macs like intended and the accesspoint is working too with the new macaddress without kernel error or disconnects. Somehow after ifconfig up+down in the original nzone.sh hostapd couldnt communicate with the device. Tearing some commands down into multiple parts+sleep did the trick. Man this guy did a really bad job in writing scripts. It was more of a quick&dirty writing method.
I also edited the dnsmasq and iptables parts to get internet working too :3. Only the startup is a bit messed up (accesspoint missing) but after manually restarting the service its working. I'll look into this to have a full automatic streetpass relay. I'm still watching the syslog and just got my 3rd streetpass while writing this :)

Now how often can a 3DS streetpass? I thought I would get streetpasses after every mac change but its like every 20 minutes or so. I mean its really an upgrade compared to the 8hours before. And if someone can explain how this streetpass relay thing works. Does it fetch data from a nintendo server? Even after messing with the code I dont know why a simple mac address change make streetpass possible.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Hukilau

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am trying to use the script on a DD-WRT router to cycle through the MAC addresses but am having little success.

I had no issues flashing my Linksys WRT310N v2 router to the DD-WRT firmware several years ago. It is running on build 21061 v24-sp2 vpn-small and I have had no problems with it in the past.

Before setting up the router for streetpasses, I reset the router and restored factory defaults. After changing the SSID to attwifi, cloning the MAC address (4E:53:50:4F:4F:46), and leaving the security disabled, I successfully received my first batch of streetpasses.

After that I decided to add a MAC filter so that only my 3DS (and laptop) could connect. I then changed the cloned MAC address again and successfully received another streetpass batch.

Finally, using the DD-WRT web GUI under Administration - Commands, I pasted the following:
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.dynu.net/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
And when I hit 'Run Commands', it hangs at: "Connecting to nintendozone.dynu.net (213.141.148.11:80)"

As best I can tell, I have followed the directions correctly, however there is clearly something wrong. Did I make a mistake somewhere? Is there a setting I need to enable or is something incompatible with my setup? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

NiteSite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am trying to use the script on a DD-WRT router to cycle through the MAC addresses but am having little success.

I had no issues flashing my Linksys WRT310N v2 router to the DD-WRT firmware several years ago. It is running on build 21061 v24-sp2 vpn-small and I have had no problems with it in the past.

Before setting up the router for streetpasses, I reset the router and restored factory defaults. After changing the SSID to attwifi, cloning the MAC address (4E:53:50:4F:4F:46), and leaving the security disabled, I successfully received my first batch of streetpasses.

After that I decided to add a MAC filter so that only my 3DS (and laptop) could connect. I then changed the cloned MAC address again and successfully received another streetpass batch.

Finally, using the DD-WRT web GUI under Administration - Commands, I pasted the following:
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.dynu.net/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
And when I hit 'Run Commands', it hangs at: "Connecting to nintendozone.dynu.net (213.141.148.11:80)"

As best I can tell, I have followed the directions correctly, however there is clearly something wrong. Did I make a mistake somewhere? Is there a setting I need to enable or is something incompatible with my setup? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Follow this post:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-338#post-6146781

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL