Votes: 426 36.4%
  • A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Just wondering but would using WDS (Wireless Distribution System) on a router work as well? It said it interacts with APs of the MAC addresses you input.

verbatim from the router page
"Wireless Distribution System uses wireless media to communicate with other APs, like the Ethernet does. To do this, you must set these APs in the same channel and set MAC address of other APs which you want to communicate with in the table and then enable the WDS."

I'm just guessing cuz idrk much about these things.

EDIT:
Below is a sample of what I did. The 3DS will detect it as an NZone with the SSID as attwifi. Haven't gotten a StreetPass within the first few minutes though and I'm still waiting.
WDS.png

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Just wondering but would using WDS (Wireless Distribution System) on a router work as well? It said it interacts with APs of the MAC addresses you input.

verbatim from the router page
"Wireless Distribution System uses wireless media to communicate with other APs, like the Ethernet does. To do this, you must set these APs in the same channel and set MAC address of other APs which you want to communicate with in the table and then enable the WDS."

I'm just guessing cuz idrk much about these things.

EDIT:
Below is a sample of what I did. The 3DS will detect it as an NZone with the SSID as attwifi. Haven't gotten a StreetPass within the first few minutes though and I'm still waiting.
WDS.png
Thats not what you think it is, that is a white list for only certain mac's connect to your router.

D

Deleted User

Ah, I see, then.

Also, I've followed the guide and all, but I've only been able to StreetPass with Eguchi. I've tried other MAC addresses and I got none at all, even from the prime MAC addresses. Do you think I skipped step or anything? Also, is it normal for the 3DS to disconnect from attwifi when I put it to sleep mode? Every time I close the lid, Virtual Router stops displaying my 3DS's info and I'm not sure every when it reconnects to check the HomePass hotspot I made. I end up just leaving my 3DS on, not in sleep mode, as I change MAC addresses using MACycle v1.20, but still don't get any StreetPasses. Sorry if this is the nth "I need help" post, but I did try to check the thread for already mentioned solutions :(

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah, I see, then.

Also, I've followed the guide and all, but I've only been able to StreetPass with Eguchi. I've tried other MAC addresses and I got none at all, even from the prime MAC addresses. Do you think I skipped step or anything? Also, is it normal for the 3DS to disconnect from attwifi when I put it to sleep mode? Every time I close the lid, Virtual Router stops displaying my 3DS's info and I'm not sure every when it reconnects to check the HomePass hotspot I made. I end up just leaving my 3DS on, not in sleep mode, as I change MAC addresses using MACycle v1.20, but still don't get any StreetPasses. Sorry if this is the nth "I need help" post, but I did try to check the thread for already mentioned solutions :(

This is the i need help thread :)
The 3ds after you close it disconnects from it but after a few minutes it will reconnect (thats how 3ds works)
See with another device (android or other pc) if the mac is changing or not

D

Deleted User

I checked the network map from a different computer and my computer's MAC does change. CMD also shows different MACs when MACycle changes it. Anything else i should be checking? It's so weird how I'm not getting any StreetPasses but i'm pretty sure I configured my laptop properly.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do I have to Exactly. As soon as I change the MAC, 3DS will not connect anymore. And no one here is able or at least trying to help :(

My tablet can't connect to attwifi likewise after changing the MAC.

I suspect drivers or windows registry or services something is getting corrupted but i dont know what. If it was working fine before that means its working but we need to find out whats exactly is happening. I'm working on it but would appreciate some advice :)
Bump. We're still in need of some help regarding this very strange issues.

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I checked the network map from a different computer and my computer's MAC does change. CMD also shows different MACs when MACycle changes it. Anything else i should be checking? It's so weird how I'm not getting any StreetPasses but i'm pretty sure I configured my laptop properly.

Do you have internet access from the 3DS when you change mac (go to the browser and load up google)

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont understand why mine was working and now the 3ds wont even connect to attwifi. I am sure i did everything right :(
I'm just throwing this out there since you're problem is not solved yet have you tried disabling and enabling the attwifi via Network and sharing ---> change adapter settings? Also Check your attwifi Ip address as sometime that was the cause for me so I used LD560 recommended Ip Address http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-108#post-4852742
If none of those work for you Try only using your wifi connection as the sharing host as it works perfectly without ethernet.

To do this have your Wifi set as the primary internet connection and open your Network and sharing ----> Change adapter settings
Then Open CMD via Admin rights then paste this in: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key= ( Your choice of password)

Example: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key= 123456

Then paste this in CMD: netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Now your VR has been created and started go back to your Network and sharing ----> Change adapter settings; Right click on your Wifi card/adapter and rename it too Wi-Fi Do the same for your Window minport and rename it to attwifi

When you are done right click on Wi-fi ----> Properties ----> Sharing and click both box sharing with attwifi;
Click on settings under the second box and check everything.

Now go to your 3DS and go to your internet settings. Delete all connection ( if you have any and start searching for a new connection. When done test connect with attwifi and you should be able to connect and pass ( Remember to stay in range or it will fail) after that go into Emunand mode and start Macycle or something similar and voila done!

Pic:
http://i.imgur.com/Ilrueh1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yBl4BHj.jpg

Reactions: DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm just throwing this out there since you're problem is not solved yet have you tried disabling and enabling the attwifi via Network and sharing ---> change adapter settings? Also Check your attwifi Ip address as sometime that was the cause for me so I used LD560 recommended Ip Address http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-108#post-4852742
If none of those work for you Try only using your wifi connection as the sharing host as it works perfectly without ethernet.

To do this have your Wifi set as the primary internet connection and open your Network and sharing ----> Change adapter settings
Then Open CMD via Admin rights then paste this in: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key= ( Your choice of password)

Now your VR has been created and started go back to your Network and sharing ----> Change adapter settings; Right click on your Wifi card/adapter and rename it too Wi-Fi Do the same for your Window minport and rename it to attwifi

When you are done right click on Wi-fi ----> Properties ----> Sharing and click both box sharing with attwifi;

Now go to your 3DS and go to your internet settings. Delete all connection ( if you have any and start searching for a new connection. When done test connect with attwifi and you should be able to connect and pass ( Remember to stay in range or it will fail) after that go into Emunand mode and start Macycle or something similar and voila done!

Pic:
thank you very much for helping me i will try that and post results :)

D

Deleted User

Do you have internet access from the 3DS when you change mac (go to the browser and load up google)

Yep, I do have net on the 3DS. Followed ATypicalSe7en's procedure, too, with the checking all the boxes and the ones in the settings in the Sharing tab. Any 3DS settings that I should check, if any? How does Virtual Router differ from just using CMD? Does it matter if I use a LAN or WLAN connection for my "Wi-Fi" named adapter? I wonder how I was able to StreetPass with Eguchi then no more after that...

I think just now, Virtual Router can't get my 3DS' host name and IP. Idk if it's been doing that but I do see VR showing it properly at times. Just giving out more info in case it'll help :O

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Yep, I do have net on the 3DS. Followed ATypicalSe7en's procedure, too, with the checking all the boxes and the ones in the settings in the Sharing tab. Any 3DS settings that I should check, if any? Does it matter if I use a LAN or WLAN connection for my "Wi-Fi" named adapter? I wonder how I was able to StreetPass with Eguchi then no more after that...

I think just now, Virtual Router can't get my 3DS' host name and IP. Idk if it's been doing that but I do see VR showing it properly at times. Just giving out more info in case it'll help :O
maybe some issue with vr

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Pic:
okay my ip adress of the attwifi network is the same as mentioned and it doesnt change anything. I still can't connect and sharing my wifi from my usb wifi stick doesnt help :( i really dont understand :( its something in the windows i think. I can see the attwifi network and i can see it on my phone aswell but i cant connect to it. it stays on the first part of the connection test for a while and fails. This is really stressing me out since I had it working a couple days ago and now for no reason its not working at all.

Can this be the problem? It looks a bit fishy to me :/

Capture.PNG

This is what it looks when i enabled show hidden in device manager and have my hostednetwork running(attwifi running).

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Dark Knigh_t.

Could you be clear as into your IP address for attwifi?

You should only be configuring that as the gateway network in the IP settings:192.168.137.1

Best way to do this is run virtual router first then go into your network settings and right click the virtual network as it will appear once virtual router has started, and you will be able to enter the information then.

Once that is done change your IP settings on your 3DS to 192.168.137.xxx and set the DNS the same as the Gateway.

Getting this to work is a pain, but it took me ages to figure out my hotspot kept throwing up limited connectivity due to Windows 8 virtual DNS being god awful.

Keep us updated.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi Dark Knigh_t.

Could you be clear as into your IP address for attwifi?

You should only be configuring that as the gateway network in the IP settings:192.168.137.1

Best way to do this is run virtual router first then go into your network settings and right click the virtual network as it will appear once virtual router has started, and you will be able to enter the information then.

Once that is done change your IP settings on your 3DS to 192.168.137.xxx and set the DNS the same as the Gateway.

Getting this to work is a pain, but it took me ages to figure out my hotspot kept throwing up limited connectivity due to Windows 8 virtual DNS being god awful.

Keep us updated.
ITS WORKING :D thank you so much. The funny thing is i know my way around subneting but i didnt know that was the issue here. I did everything as you said and its working fine now :D Thank you again and everyone else for helping me!

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I do have net on the 3DS. Followed ATypicalSe7en's procedure, too, with the checking all the boxes and the ones in the settings in the Sharing tab. Any 3DS settings that I should check, if any? How does Virtual Router differ from just using CMD? Does it matter if I use a LAN or WLAN connection for my "Wi-Fi" named adapter? I wonder how I was able to StreetPass with Eguchi then no more after that...

I never liked the Virtual Router program as it tends to fight back with me and I can safely say some users here agrees as well. Since the release of Window 7 -8 they gave the user to create their own VR aka miniport which can be used via Command prompt plus to add you are in control while using command prompt. To answer your question no it doesn't matter which connection you use either it's Lan or Wlan but you will still need a Wlan connection ( Does not have to be in use) of some sort to allow the 3DS to be able to catch the signals from your computer. You should follow LD560 method and see if that works for you as it helped solve DarkKnigh_t problems and usually it's the simplest problems that causes the most problems.

I've done exactly this. As soon as I use a MAC-changer, my connection gets damaged.

If it doesn't work for you then you should revert back to your default settings and what do you mean by "my connection get damage" more info will help. As from previous post I've read you said that when starting Macycle you can't connect to the attwifi anymore from your 3Ds correct. Also make sure you are sharing with attwifi Not Wi-Fi

ITS WORKING :D thank you so much. The funny thing is i know my way around subneting but i didnt know that was the issue here. I did everything as you said and its working fine now :D Thank you again and everyone else for helping me!

Glad to see you got it working :D

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I never liked the Virtual Router program as it tends to fight back with me and I can safely say some users here agrees as well. Since the release of Window 7 -8 they gave the user to create their own VR aka miniport which can be used via Command prompt plus to add you are in control while using command prompt. To answer your question no it doesn't matter which connection you use either it's Lan or Wlan but you will still need a Wlan connection ( Does not have to be in use) of some sort to allow the 3DS to be able to catch the signals from your computer. You should follow LD560 method and see if that works for you as it helped solve DarkKnigh_t problems and usually it's the simplest problems that causes the most problems.

If it doesn't work for you then you should revert back to your default settings and what do you mean by "my connection get damage" more info will help. As from previous post I've read you said that when starting Macycle you can't connect to the attwifi anymore from your 3Ds correct. Also make sure you are sharing with attwifi Not Wi-Fi

Glad to see you got it working :D

we need to make faq guide for people having problems. since all mac changers work fine as long as all this has been set up properly. alot of people are having similar problem. im not using virtual router i just trype in the commands in cmd its easier cause VR looks a bit doddgy xD

Update: i got 9 streetpasses and then i opened my 3ds played some games in the plaza while my mac cycler was running but when i closed my 3ds i didnt get any street passes so i waited for a while nothing and then i stopped the mac cycler and tested my connection on the 3ds. it connected to the network but it lost the internet connectivity. am i doing something wrong? i checked the ip adresses and everything is the same on the attwifi and 3ds and the internet sharing is working aswell.
im just wondering whats the procedure when you get 10 street passes? do you play on plaza and just close your 3ds again and you get more streetpasses or do you maybe need to restart attwifi?

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Never liked the MAC Changers, every time I used one just messed up my connection settings. I just change the MAC addresses when I need too, fill up 10 on Street Pass (which I've nearly finished all the games anyway...lol) and any other games I've got. Just don't do them in order tend to mix them up so i'm not met loads of times.

Just missing one card on Mario & Sonic 2012 Virtual Cards just missing card 40 (Card 73 as well but i'm guessing you get that when you get all the rest) . Really want to finish the collection...lol....any tips in regards to finding the card you want??

DarkKnigh_t I'm glad my suggestion worked. Happy Homepassing ;)

----------------------------------

Not working again?!?! I would stop using a MAC Cycler yes I know it saves time, but Windows 8.1 just screws up with them quite a lot.

You just have to change the last 2 digits if your using the command prompt for inputting a new MAC.

And considering the gateway only holds 10 for Street Pass why use a Cycler when one MAC holds an average of 6 passes.

You'll probably have to stop your network connection and restart the whole thing again.

/this is where Virtual Router (as bad as it is) comes in handy allowing you to turn on / off your shared connection, which you should do when inputting a new MAC in the CMD prompt and then restart the program.

Or again you can just input the commands in the command prompt and that will sort it.

I usually play Street Pass and if i'm after more than 10 to get more Passes, i'll change the MAC using command prompt by repeating the last command and changing the last two characters to whatever I want, whilst playing the games on the Plaza.

Just repeat the whole Windows 8.1 process if you can hopefully that will sort it. I would check your 3DS settings as well but they should be fine :).

Also when you have 10 passes any other green light indications will be for other games that you have street pass activated for, and can hold more than 10. i.e.: Pokemon & Animal Crossing.

Whilst you have 10 people in your gateway you wont receive any new Mii's into the Plaza until you get them into your Plaza. Then it will say again you have company if you've changed your MAC address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah I knew about that lol