Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommikinder

Trophies
XP
Country
NBA worked with the same wifi adapter connected to the internet?

Yeah NBA worked fine up until I updated to 11.1

I just opened CMD and entered 'netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow'
Then started up Virtual Router
Then entered 'NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 300 30'

and that was it, the streetpasses came flooding in.

Last edited by tommikinder,

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah NBA worked fine up until I updated to 11.1
I just opened CMD and entered 'netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow'
Then started up Virtual Router
Then entered 'NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 300 30'
and that was it, the streetpasses came flooding in.
Oh, if you still have Virtual Router it could interfere, because nzone.exe relies on native Windows features and don't need any other third-party software. Also checking ICS enabled won't break anything, it just a checkbox which won't change the actual host internet connection status.

Last edited by duke_srg,

tommikinder

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, if you still have Virtual Router it could interfere, because nzone.exe relies on native Windows features and don't need any other third-party software.

I don't have Virtual Router running when I'm using nzone.exe, would it still interfere when it's not in use?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't have Virtual Router running when I'm using nzone.exe, would it still interfere when it's not in use?
Yes, this is possible that it interferes. Anyway you should first check ICS settings in case nzone.exe fails to set it properly in your case.

s_k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's my entire setup.

Computer
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit all updates applied
  • .NET Framework 4.5
  • Dell Wireless 1490 Dual Band WLAN Mini-Card (has MAC spoofing capability)
  • ICS left untouched
  • Internet provided by ethernet (wired 100 Mbps)
  • Fresh install of Windows, computer is otherwise not being used
3DS
  • New Nintendo 3DS XL RED-S-USZ-C1 “new black” (it's not orange?)
  • 11.1.0-34U
  • Arm9LoaderHax up-to-date
  • Luma3DS up-to-date (stable)
  • Sky3DS+/R4i-SDHC RTS lite for whatever (don't judge me)
WiFi settings in 3DS
  • SSID: NZ@McD1 (after following the updated instructions)
  • Passphrase: nintendozone
  • No other WiFi connections configured
  • No other settings modified
Current status
  • Browser connects through HomePass WiFi normally
  • Official game/app internet features function normally
  • Homebrew game/app internet features function normally
  • StreetPass and SpotPass with official SpotPass locations and other 3DSs function normally
  • HomePass does not generate any hits

I'm open to suggestions, I'm not sure if I'm missing anything but I'm trying to be thorough.

Edit: After more carefully reading your recommendation I deleted all WiFi configurations as seen in the YouTube video “How To PROPERLY Set Up HomePass on your PC [Ver.10.7] UNLIMITED STREETPASS Tutorial” (at time index 14:57) and now no internet features of any kind function nor am I getting any HomePass hits.

Last edited by s_k,

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm open to suggestions, I'm not sure if I'm missing anything but I'm trying to be thorough.
In short, you should check my several latest posts for up to date information about fw11.1 changes and a working homepage method.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Bambamthepyro,
Reactions: tommikinder

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to make sure, the expected hardware setup with nzone use with the Windows native method is that you have a wireless card that will be used as a hotspot, and a wired Ethernet connection?

The expected hardware setup does not seem to be stated in the "before anything else" section of the native Windows guide.

Sorry for the probably dumb question.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Single wireless adapter might work well, however since physical adapter toggle required to change Mac, your internet connection will toggle too.
Double wireless adapters setup will only work if internet connection is established via adapter with no hosted network compatible driver.
With two wireless adapters compatible with hosted network, this won't work, because there is no way to select which one will be used for the hosted AP an they will just rotated when changing MAC.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
try to use VM
but no homepass
is this right?

if your adress XXX.net ban by GFW in china
is everthing not work right? vm router windows
[S[6NM%N(1{U]8$6GN_]71V.jpg

Last edited by srwgin,

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Single wireless adapter might work well, however since physical adapter toggle required to change Mac, your internet connection will toggle too.
Double wireless adapters setup will only work if internet connection is established via adapter with no hosted network compatible driver.
With two wireless adapters compatible with hosted network, this won't work, because there is no way to select which one will be used for the hosted AP an they will just rotated when changing MAC.
So no wired ethernet connection is required at all for homepass to work? Just a single wireless adapter on its own?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So no wired ethernet connection is required at all for homepass to work? Just a single wireless adapter on its own?
Never know before you try ;) At leaset it is not recommended, because it will switch your working connection which could interfere your regular jobs, in case you're running in on the PC you're working on the same time. Ask
for confirmation, he should be checking with the similar setup.

try to use VM
but no homepass
is this right?
if your adress XXX.net ban by GFW in china
is everthing not work right? vm router windows
View attachment 63059
VM was not updated with the latest hostname change, so just edit nzone script and change the domain name with the proper one.

Last edited by duke_srg,

MattDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, this is a terrible news... I have just downloaded all the new streetpass games! :'(
I used Nbahomepass only for 3 main reasons...

1 - because i have also an Atheros wireless card, and with nzone i had to disable it all the time
2 - i could put whatever mac i wanted
3 - i hadn't to disable the antivirus every time

I tried the latest update of nzone.exe 2 days ago, and it worked really well. There was only one problem... I continued to find the same 2 people in every mac... Is that normal? I'm on windows 7 anyway... Thanks a lot!

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I continued to find the same 2 people in every mac... Is that normal? I'm on windows 7 anyway... Thanks a lot!
In case Nintendo disabled streetpass data exchange between MACs in Europe, you only can get streetpasses from the people using this SSID and having the similar wireless adapter driver. Just because even with the same MAC list, different drivers modifies the actual MAC address used, so there are several MAC list subsets exists that can't reach each other, unless Nintendo will switch streetpass sharing between MACS (aka streetpass weekends in the US)

pattosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For people using NBAHomepass, you will still get streetpasses if you select "FNAC Belgium" as the service you connect to, instead of MarcoPolo.

edit : I suppose the name of the service implies that this will work for European/Australian 3DS only.

Last edited by pattosai,

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this is the farthest maccheck gets, and just hangs forever here (I waited for half an hour), does that mean my network adapter is useless for it?
i_view32_2016-09-18_04-59-47.png

Would it work if I installed Linux? Given that Linux can't connect with Windows I figured Windows would be the better one to get set up, but now I see that it only works with people that have the same network adapter as I do anyway. Gah! Nintendo! Why you gotta make this so hard!

What is the best setup for homepass that gets the most hits? I'll just try and get that set up, whatever it is. Whether it's Android, Linux, Windows, whatever.

tommikinder

Trophies
XP
Country
For people using NBAHomepass, you will still get streetpasses if you select "FNAC Belgium" as the service you connect to, instead of MarcoPolo.

edit : I suppose the name of the service implies that this will work for European/Australian 3DS only.

That's good to know, will try it later.
I messaged Nba_Yoh who created NBAHomepass and he said he doesnt have the time to update it for 11.1 unfortunately.

EDIT: Can confirm "FNAC Belgium" still gives streetpasses, however I keep getting the same 2 hits with every MAC change :unsure:

Last edited by tommikinder,
Reactions: srwgin

MattDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In case Nintendo disabled streetpass data exchange between MACs in Europe, you only can get streetpasses from the people using this SSID and having the similar wireless adapter driver. Just because even with the same MAC list, different drivers modifies the actual MAC address used, so there are several MAC list subsets exists that can't reach each other, unless Nintendo will switch streetpass sharing between MACS (aka streetpass weekends in the US)
Damn, this is bad! Is this situation different using, for example, ubuntu?

althor76

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's good to know, will try it later.
I messaged Nba_Yoh who created NBAHomepass and he said he doesnt have the time to update it for 11.1 unfortunately.

EDIT: Can confirm "FNAC Belgium" still gives streetpasses, however I keep getting the same 2 hits with every MAC change :unsure:

I am fairly new to this homepass thing. Can you please explain what I need to do to change the service from marcopolo to FNAC Belgium? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU