Hacking how to instal fimware on r4 card?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

Rezatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That clone doesn't have a upgrade-able firmware. They release new versions only.

Incorrect and false. That card is a clone of the R4 3DS RTS cards from www.r4isdhc.com

The reason why there is no "firmware" update for the card is because there has never been a need for one and probably never will be as Nintendo isn't blocking R4 cards anymore. The card hasn't been blocked by any 3DS firmware updates since it's launch.

Lastly, i'm certain OP mixed up "firmware" with "kernel". OP, simply go the official site, download the kernel, unzip and placed the files onto the root of your microSD. The card is decent if you dual boot YSMenu.

To the guy who responded that has the 4000 posts know what you're talking about before responding to questions. Straight up.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Incorrect and false. That card is a clone of the R4 3DS RTS cards from www.r4isdhc.com

The reason why there is no "firmware" update for the card is because there has never been a need for one and probably never will be as Nintendo isn't blocking R4 cards anymore. The card hasn't been blocked by any 3DS firmware updates since it's launch.

Lastly, i'm certain OP mixed up "firmware" with "kernel". OP, simply go the official site, download the kernel, unzip and placed the files onto the root of your microSD. The card is decent if you dual boot YSMenu.

To the guy who responded that has the 4000 posts know what you're talking about before responding to questions. Straight up.

If you haven't seen that page, every older version, 2013 and 2014, no longer have any corresponding links to their respective download pages.
http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/

So unless you are providing him any links to any firmware updates. I am neither incorrect or false about what I am explaining.

---

Seems your confusing YSMenu, a system menu, with firmware updates. If you want to prove me wrong, provide links to the corresponding files he would need to update the firmware on his old R4 clone.

Are you some kind of mind reader?, you haven't even asked him if he is running it on a DSi or 3DS. It doesn't even say anywhere in the OP what handheld he is using.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you haven't seen that page, every older version, 2013 and 2014, no longer have any corresponding links to their respective download pages.

But the old links for 2013 are still avaible: http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_silver_new2013/, http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_white_new2013/, http://www.r4isdhc.com/gold-pro-2013/ and http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4i-gold-3ds-2013/. The 2014 version can use files of the 2015 version. All 3 versions work with the latest DSi/ 3DS firmware (tho the 2013's firmware might need to be updated with a file I linked).

So unless you are providing him any links to any firmware updates. I am neither incorrect or false about what I am explaining.

---

Seems your confusing YSMenu, a system menu, with firmware updates. If you want to prove me wrong, provide links to the corresponding files he would need to update the firmware on his old R4 clone.

Nope he doesn't. The firmware needs to be updated if Nintendo blocks the flashcard. It's stored within the flash memory on the card. But Nintendo doesn't block DS cards any more so that the firmware doesn't need an update. The Kernel is stored on the MicroSD card.
Rezatron ment that you can use YSMenu with the card (first boot the official kernel and then the YSMenu.nds from within the kernel). It might improve ROM compatibility and feel better when using it but is not necessary.

Are you some kind of mind reader?, you haven't even asked him if he is running it on a DSi or 3DS. It doesn't even say anywhere in the OP what handheld he is using.
OP hasn't stated that but it's general, helpful information. All 3 cards work with the latest DSi FW and the DS Lite as well.
Read the bold for my comments.

Rezatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

---

Your reading comprehension of my post is embarrassingly poor and you don't have a understanding of these particular clone cards. I suggest you read it carefully word for word again because I would just be repeating myself otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...