Hacking how to know what kind of xbox 360 slim i have

omarq8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
my xbox 360 slim its mfr date is 12-1-2011 and i want to add mod chip what is the best modchip for if and how to know the revision for the mother bored and the hard drive is 250gb and what kind if nanad i have

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R.4b42b66064d7dbe4ff80216695bcf0f5

Probably this would help you identify your model.

Reactions: Sypherone

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
here's a nifty guide for identifying your xbox 360 revision:

https://weekendmodder.com/identify.html

with the slim models (Slim S) being either trinity or corona, they can both be easily modded.

In fact, both can be RGH modded without a glitch chip using RGH3.

Assuming your manufacturing date means january 12th, you'll have a trinity.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can also easily tell between corona and trinity with the power socket as well. one consumes more power than the other, which will be on a label on the back of the console, but both use the generic figure eight power cable. I didn't see that in the link.

omarq8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
R.4b42b66064d7dbe4ff80216695bcf0f5

Probably this would help you identify your model.
you can also easily tell between corona and trinity with the power socket as well. one consumes more power than the other, which will be on a label on the back of the console, but both use the generic figure eight power cable. I didn't see that in the link.
so you all told me that i have trinity with 16mb nanad so what is the best modchip for my xbox360 trinity and can i install ace v5 and what does ace v5 do?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd honestly suggest go for RGH3.
It's chipless and only requires a few components to be soldered.
If you can't solder yourself, I HIGHLY recommend you bring it to a modshop or a person who knows what he/she is doing.

omarq8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
You would want an ACE V3 not ACE V3+ like V4 or V5.

While I haven't done it, yet (RGH3 has only been recently released), I'd go for a chip less RGH3 mod.

I'd honestly suggest go for RGH3.
It's chipless and only requires a few components to be soldered.
If you can't solder yourself, I HIGHLY recommend you bring it to a modshop or a person who knows what he/she is doing.
i want the best modchip for my xbox360 s trinity that allow me to play all the games of xbox360 and the xbox original and run all the emu so who is the best and can be re programming

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patches are all the same, except offsets are different depending on mobo and dash kernel, but jrunner/xebuild.gui take care of all that by reading the nand.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want the best modchip for my xbox360 s trinity that allow me to play all the games of xbox360 and the xbox original and run all the emu so who is the best and can be re programming

If you want a modchip then go with v3, if you want chipless method go with RGH3 method.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

None.
RGH 3 is superior as it uses the 360 itself for the "chip" part.
Not to mention one doesn't need to re-program chips once the RGH is done (chip installs), the only thing that has to be done by end users is flashing a updated hacked NAND to the console.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, and type of exploit matters as well, forgot about that one. not sure what it says for rgh3, since it's not listed in xebuild.gui, not sure about jrunner, when it reads a nand dump.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All hacks - with the exception of a drive firmware hack - will have the same end result. It doesn't matter if its a JTAG, RGH, RGH1.2, RGH 2 or RGH 3 will open your doors for launching backups and homebrew from the hard drive. A chipped RGH method has no benefit over RGH3, in my opinion. And judging from tutorials, it's not harder to implement than older RGH hacks.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, that's what I was trying to imply, the hacks are not chip-specific, only the stuff above are: exploit type, mobo, and dash kernel. that's how they're separated, but they'll all be read from the nand. about a decade ago, you'd have to supply that information or risk an e79 error, which is general hardware failure normally, but it also means a bad flash. it's one red blinking light at the bottom right iirc. ;)

Reactions: Localhorst86

omarq8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
patches are all the same, except offsets are different depending on mobo and dash kernel, but jrunner/xebuild.gui take care of all that by reading the nand.

If you want a modchip then go with v3, if you want chipless method go with RGH3 method.

None.
RGH 3 is superior as it uses the 360 itself for the "chip" part.
Not to mention one doesn't need to re-program chips once the RGH is done (chip installs), the only thing that has to be done by end users is flashing a updated hacked NAND to the console.

oh, and type of exploit matters as well, forgot about that one. not sure what it says for rgh3, since it's not listed in xebuild.gui, not sure about jrunner, when it reads a nand dump.

All hacks - with the exception of a drive firmware hack - will have the same end result. It doesn't matter if its a JTAG, RGH, RGH1.2, RGH 2 or RGH 3 will open your doors for launching backups and homebrew from the hard drive. A chipped RGH method has no benefit over RGH3, in my opinion. And judging from tutorials, it's not harder to implement than older RGH hacks.

yeah, that's what I was trying to imply, the hacks are not chip-specific, only the stuff above are: exploit type, mobo, and dash kernel. that's how they're separated, but they'll all be read from the nand. about a decade ago, you'd have to supply that information or risk an e79 error, which is general hardware failure normally, but it also means a bad flash. it's one red blinking light at the bottom right iirc. ;)
well thanks all for the help but i want the best modchip that gives me all i want from your opinion all

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer