Homebrew How to load or boot other boot.firm files on your 3ds without using BootCTR9?

Max2k17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to put the fbi.3dsx file into my 3ds sdcard but when I load it on the homebrew launcher it gaves me an error
"an exception occured". I looked it up on youtube and the only way is to boot to luma 7.1 using BootCTR9 but when I put the boot.firm and boot_config onto my 3ds it wont turn on (I renamed the boot.firm to bootluma.firm). Is there another way to boot the luma 7.1 boot.firm file on my 3ds?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    894.9 KB · Views: 776

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to put the fbi.3dsx file into my 3ds sdcard but when I load it on the homebrew launcher it gaves me an error
"an exception occured". I looked it up on youtube and the only way is to boot to luma 7.1 using BootCTR9 but when I put the boot.firm and boot_config onto my 3ds it wont turn on (I renamed the boot.firm to bootluma.firm). Is there another way to boot the luma 7.1 boot.firm file on my 3ds?
If you're using luma 8.0 or higher, use this boot. 3dsx: https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases. Does that solve the problem? The luma version has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Max2k17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2