How to manually close any concurrent connection?

GAMEBOYADVANCETEMPORARY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yesterday at night I downloaded a file from some website and I had no problem to download that file.

But when the download was complete and I went to download the next file then a white page appears with the following text:

Only 1 concurrent connection is allowed to guests.

My impression is that the concurrent connection that was open to download the first file was not closed after the first file has been fully downloaded and because of this I am unable to download any another file from the same server.

I went to sleep and when I woke up on the next morning I could download the second file without any problem from the same server.

When I went to download the third file again this white page with the same message appears

Only 1 concurrent connection is allowed to guests.

I waited some hours but this didn't help at all.

I am still unable to download the third file because of this message.

I believe that I could download the second file on the next morning because the concurrent connection that was open to download the first file has been closed eventually but the second concurrent connection to download the second file is still open and I don't know how much time I have to wait until that second concurrent connection will be closed and I don't think that I should wait for the concurrent connection to close but I should manually close it.

There are a lot of files that I want to download from the same server and I downloaded only two.

I can't wait for the current concurrent connection to close every time.
This takes too much time.

I want to close the concurrent connection manually but I don't know how to.

Is this possible to close any concurrent connection manually at all? If yes then how?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's up to the website to decide how long to make you wait between downloads, I don't think there's actually any connection left open for you to close.

You can try restarting your modem in the hopes of getting a new IP address, so the website sees you as a new user, or you could try a browser plugin that can cycle between different proxy servers to achieve a similar effect. I occasionally use a free (up to a certain amount of traffic) VPN service called Windscribe which has a plugin allowing you to switch between different servers in different parts of the world.

GAMEBOYADVANCETEMPORARY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It's up to the website to decide how long to make you wait between downloads, I don't think there's actually any connection left open for you to close.

You can try restarting your modem in the hopes of getting a new IP address, so the website sees you as a new user, or you could try a browser plugin that can cycle between different proxy servers to achieve a similar effect. I occasionally use a free (up to a certain amount of traffic) VPN service called Windscribe which has a plugin allowing you to switch between different servers in different parts of the world.
Are you saying that guests like me can download only 1 file per day from this server?

If this is really true then I should see a message like "Download limit for guests exceeded. Please retry tomorrow or sign/log in or register a new account." instead of "Only 1 concurrent connection is allowed to guests.".

"Only 1 concurrent connection is allowed to guests." is too confusing.

This means that guests like me can not download 2 files or more simultaneously at the same time but it doesn't mean at all that guests like me can download only 1 file per day.

These are completely two different constraints, restrictions and limitations.

Last edited by GAMEBOYADVANCETEMPORARY,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you saying that guests like me can download only 1 file per day from this server?

If this is really true then I should see a message like "Download limit for guests exceeded. Please retry tomorrow or sign/log in or register a new account." instead of "Only 1 concurrent connection is allowed to guests.".

"Only 1 concurrent connection is allowed to guests." is too confusing.

This means that guests like me can not download 2 files or more simultaneously at the same time but it doesn't mean at all that guests like me can download only 1 file per day.

These are completely two different constraints, restrictions and limitations.
You're right, it seems like an unhelpfully inaccurate message.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the website, some sites have few hours wait time as restrictions, some limit how much data you can download per day.

GAMEBOYADVANCETEMPORARY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
What I understand from your comments is that the site allows guests like me to download only 1 file per day but it's error message is both wrong and inappropriate.

If I want to remove this constraint, restriction or limitation then I must register a premium account then which is not cheap.

This is what I started to believe and think for myself recently but I wanted to make sure that this is really the case.

Thank you for your replies.

You are helpful as always.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat