Tutorial  Updated

How to minimize your vita games (Steps Help people With Small Memory)

Hi with big H :grog:(updated with step four)

there is 3 steps until now i know that i can minimize my games by doing it (usually more than 1gb (dependant on game))​

FIRST STEP
first step delete any language except the main language you are using (go to my old post)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-minimize-your-borderlands-2-dumped-game.440265/
(Different from game to another)

SECOND STEP
go to (/ux0/app/gametitle/sce_sys/manual) and delete the folders inside it (00,01,02,...)
thanks go to digitalforums by giving me this info

THIRD STEP
you will need this program
https://handbrake.fr/
this program is for compressing videos
i tested it with dead or alive 5 and the program changed videos size from 1.25gb to 218mb
and there is no big deference that your eye will notice on your vita
i made this video to show you what setting i used in that program

after doing what in video just go to {new folder (2)) or what destination you made and copy your videos to your vita

I created a Windows batch file to re-encode all videos in a directory. Just install Handbrake to the default directory and then drag and drop the video directory onto the .bat (or create a SendTo link to the .bat) and it will do the magic for you. 400k/s video and 64k/s audio works fine for most videos but you can edit the file if you care a little less about space.

Edit: Make sure the path to the video folder contains no spaces. Even though the quotes should make it work properly it throws an error if there are.
Edit: Updated for non-.mp4 extension files

Code:
@echo off
echo V2
c:
cd "C:\Program Files\Handbrake\"
dir "%1\*.*" /b  > "%~dp1\dir.txt"
dir "%1" > "%1\..\before.txt"
mkdir "%1\recoded"
FOR /F "delims=/" %%D in (%~dp1\dir.txt) do (
HandBrakeCLI --format av_mp4 --encoder x264 --vb 400  --two-pass --turbo --crop 0:0:0:0 --aencoder av_aac --ab 64

-i "%1\%%D" -o "%1\recoded\%%D"
del "%1\%%D" /Q /F
move "%1\recoded\%%D" "%1\"

)

del "%~dp1\dir.txt" /Q /F
rmdir "%1\recoded" /Q /S
dir "%1\" > "%1\..\after.txt"
This is a modification that supports both 32 and 64 bit systems, as well as a modified default installation directory. You're free to use, modify, or ignore it.

Note that this still doesn't support a custom install location for Handbrake. For example, it will only detect that you installed it on a different drive if you modified the default Program Files directory within the Windows registry.

STEP FOUR

Extract PSARCs and combine with steps 1,3 then rebuild
THANKS TO cracker (for suggestion this step) and to the one who made this video (i tested it )

if you want to empty content of multiple files in notepad++ first select all files at once then right click on them then select edit with notepad++ and then:

• Open Search --> Replace...
  • Select Regular expression
  • Enter regex ^.*(\r\n)*
  • Clear content of Replace with
  • Click Replace All in All Opened Documents
  • Click Ok and Close
  • Click the Save All button

if you know other than these steps please post your method here so i can added it to this post

game before was 2.54 gb

game after 1.53 gb

Last edited by mustapha89,

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We should start a list of at least the games that won't work with re-encoded video and/or removed languages.

Mortal Kombat is definitely due to the video not being what is expected. It could be because of a hash check or because it was programmed to only play at a certain encoding but I haven't checked into either of those.

Reactions: mustapha89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto