Gaming Homebrew Cave Story PS Vita port (based on CSE2)

IRUZZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
So I'm one of those 4 people who still use a vita daily, and long story short I was messing around CSE2's source code when I found out that VITASDK does have a SDL2 library and so I thought "what would happen if I rewrite the CMakeLists file so that it would use the vita's libraries? no way this is gonna work lol."

...it worked first try
IY9gcm5.png

so anyway the next day (today) I got to work on fixing whatever quirks it had (the controls being awkward, saving not working due to it trying to write to a read-only partition) and it's pretty much done.
I'm not gonna bother adding all the fancy stuff like widescreen 'cause I don't know jack about how the rendering backend works and the last time I tried to decipher it it made me want to blow my brains out it so I'll just leave it as-is.
EDIT: Never mind, I actually managed to get widescreen working.
IMG_1552.png

2024-04-16-182313-031682.png

IMG_1554.png

v1.0.3
  • Fixed water foreground not filling the entire screen in Dark Place (Labyrinth).
  • Added Japanese build.
  • Changed start icon.

v1.0.2
  • Fixed background not tiling properly.

v1.0.1
  • Added Widescreen support.

v1.0.0
  • Initial release.

Last edited by IRUZZ,

RedL

Trophies
XP
Country
France
More proof that we are in a simulation. Nothing ever works right first try, has to be a glitch in the Matrix.
I was about to scream "Lies, damned lies!" when I first read it, but I remembered that I too had "compiles-on-first-try" lately, so maybe we are nearing the end of times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol