Hacking How to Offline browse internet sites?

a9cito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi
I made a web based application for an intervention project in a high school where they don have internet, i can access this app via internet but i want to playit in this school (educational purposes)... can i save this app in the 3ds sd card or via gold card so i can visit this web app offlline with the 3ds web explorer or nds explorer via gold?
Thx

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"web based application"

Can I assume this is just javascript and other client side things the 3ds supports? I am not sure what the 3ds has locally but it would need it.

If it is not then you would need to have a server for the languages/frameworks in question on the 3ds which is not likely to happen considering we barely have homebrew.

Also for this school that does not have internet do they at least have a network (with a wireless point or option for it that you can tap into)? It is a lot easier to throw up a copy of http://www.uniformserver.com/ (php, apache, mysql windows server) and browse to that than I imagine it would be to try to do it on the DS.

Reactions: a9cito

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Even if the web app is purely client-side, as far as I know there's no way to open local HTML files stored on the 3DS with the browser.

I agree trying to host it somewhere on the school network would be best.

a9cito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thx both, the app is html and java based, i can use 3ds for navigate in this app via internet browser when is online. So there is no way to open local html files... thats is what i want... Also, what about the homebrew DS web explorers and opera for nds?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are no applications available that will allow you to do this, it's far more convenient to "host" your application on a home server and access it as you'd normally access a website, just using your home network IP. The web browser shouldn't know any better, that's how I manage my router settings remotely using a PSVita. Alternatively you can use one of the dozens of free website hosts - that should be even easier.

Clanver

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Germany
dont you have a android or Ios Phone? If you have one, try insert html5 manifest caching to the website. Its a simple new technique which caches all resources and Sites configured in a manifest file for offline use. It works on most Android Browsers and Ios but not on the 3ds Browser . .

a9cito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The school is in one of the poorest areas of the city and does not have the necessary equipment, thanks to your information, i must select an option, from adapting a router and pc or use another platform like android. Thanks for everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1