How to play FF7: Before Crisis on PSP

In this guide I will show you how to play FF7: Before Crisis on PSP:
First, head to https://archive.org/details/rpg-2-kpp-012-b-04.7z and download the .zip file, once downloaded extract it to your PSP/GAMES folder, and make a folder called “games” inside. Next, go to https://rpgmaker.net/games/?tag=ADV and download the Before Crisis Remake, extract it, and put the folder inside the PSP/GAMES/games/ folder. Next, go to the RPG maker app on your PSP and load RPG_RT.ldb and it should work.
This will also work with all RPG maker 2000-2003 games, have fun!

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How does the fan made "remake" compare to the original? It might do well in conveying the story, but how does the gameplay and execution stand up?

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely not identical. The guy remade the game using rpgmaker? Comparing youtube vidoes shows a lot of differences. I mean, it's cool, if you want the story.
Sorry, I have never played the original game, but according to pictures I saw of the original I thought I looked similar. It’s the closest thing to Before Crisis at the moment, that is, until Ever Crisis comes out

Reactions: tabzer

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, the differences between the two are humorous and impressive.

FFVII: Before Crisis - Chapter 1

REMAKE Version -- Apparently this is before it was finished. IDK what it's like now.

"If ever" Crisis.
Interestingly enough, the rpgmaker remake you posted is unfinished and it's a completely different project than the OP was most likely talking about. The completed rpgmaker remake project looks like this.

The one you linked was an attempt to make a version with remade sprites from a different person IIRC.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Interestingly enough, the rpgmaker remake you posted is unfinished and it's a completely different project than the OP was most likely talking about. The completed rpgmaker remake project looks like this.

The one you linked was an attempt to make a version with remade sprites from a different person IIRC.

It seems you are right. It seems that it is a different remake project with similar goals in mind. You can download the one from OP and play it on PC pretty quickly. The point that I thought was important to mention that these aren't the actual Before Crisis game made by SE. They are fanmade projects that attempt to look like them.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tifa.jpg
i like this screenshot , good representation , im sorry (but not really tho) i know im not a good person sometime . <3

Last edited by 1NOOB,
Reactions: E1ite007

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow, I didn’t see that one. I will test it on my PSP as soon as I can

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
tifa.jpg
i like this screenshot , good representation , im sorry (but not really tho) i know im not a good person sometime . <3

I laughed when I saw that picture too.

Wow, I didn’t see that one. I will test it on my PSP as soon as I can

That one is the same one as you posted. Daggot was pointing out that the youtube video I linked was a different project than what you were sharing. I've personally never played an enjoyable rpgmaker game, so I cannot comment on if people can enjoy it.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I am not sure, I think it’s identical, just you don’t have to have an old mobile phone to play it

Was there ever a j2me version of Before Crisis? Because if so then modern Android phones can play it now thanks to the open source j2me loader (still no Mascot Capsule 3D support though).

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Was there ever a j2me version of Before Crisis? Because if so then modern Android phones can play it now thanks to the open source j2me loader (still no Mascot Capsule 3D support though).
No. It's not even Java ME, but a different Japanese standard called DoJa, developed by DoCoMo. Java ME and DoJa are incompatible.

It's only playable in a few Sharp and FOMA phones, and of course it is not emulated.

Mascot Capsule 3D is supported on JL-Mod, a branch of J2ME Loader. But it is only the Sony Ericsson implementation, not the Hi Corporation one.

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Any retroarch build that has easyrpg core can play this. That will include PC, Linux, Android(if you download and install the core manually), and multiple console retroarch builds.

Reactions: Plazorn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...