GCN How to Transfer GameCube Saves/Blocks from Nintendont & GameCube Memory Card on to Dolphin Emulator?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holding the button numbers 1 and 2 on the Wii remote don't work. Button 1 tries to connect to offline mode; while button 2 attempts to connect to the CodeMii repository. But, after waiting a while, I received another error titled, "Requesting Homebrew List... Using Homebrew List on file. Homebrew List file can't be found". I don't know if it's because I have deleted something off of my SD card, but I may just leave it aside for now.

Also, is there a list of Wii/WiiWare games that contain copy protection when transferring saves? Would like to know beforehand.
I think a homebrew save manager bypass copy protection, you shouldn't have problems witb that if you use one. :)

gamingdudester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a wii with gamecube memory card slots, and homebrew for save manager. I believe you can also use a gamecube with action replay to load homebrew as well to do the same if you don't have wii.

And from there? (Sorry I have no idea how to use memory cards and stuff. First time using one in years today.)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And from there? (Sorry I have no idea how to use memory cards and stuff. First time using one in years today.)
Put the gamecube memory card into the wii, load the homebrew channel. Use this homebrew https://github.com/suloku/gcmm/releases/download/1.4f/gcmm_1.4f.zip

Download the file, extract the archive, put it on a sd card or usb flash drive into a directory like this SD:>apps>GCMM
Put the boot.elf there. Insert the device into the wii and load the homebrew.

gamingdudester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put the gamecube memory card into the wii, load the homebrew channel. Use this homebrew https://github.com/suloku/gcmm/releases/download/1.4f/gcmm_1.4f.zip

Download the file, extract the archive, put it on a sd card or usb flash drive into a directory like this SD:>apps>GCMM
Put the boot.elf there. Insert the device into the wii and load the homebrew.

Yeah I did that but how do I put a .raw on there and turn it into a readable memory card save file?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I did that but how do I put a .raw on there and turn it into a readable memory card save file?
I haven't used the homebrew in a while but according to the features, it should be able to do it.
  • Backups and restores savegames into GCI format
  • Restores savegames in GCS/SAV format
  • Deletes savegames from memory card
  • Backups memory card raw images in .raw format
  • Restores memory card raw images from RAW/GCP/MCI format
  • Format the memory card
  • Wiimote and GameCube controller support
  • Power button support
  • Front SD and FAT32 USB device (wii) and SDGecko (gamecube) support
  • Shows savegame information, alongside animated Icon and Banner!
  • A (somewhat) nice UI
  • Open Source!

If i am wrong let me know i will try to remember. I don't have a wii to test this with honestly.

Reactions: Lightyose

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the feature rn but I don't know how to use it '-_-
Well i know dolphin emu can just convert to gci. Is simple. download the emulator, load it up. Then open tools and memory manager, then load the file and convert to GCI. It takes about 1 minute. I can't use the homebrew cause i don't have a wii to do it with

gamingdudester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i know dolphin emu can just convert to gci. Is simple. download the emulator, load it up. Then open tools and memory manager, then load the file and convert to GCI. It takes about 1 minute. I can't use the homebrew cause i don't have a wii to do it with

Ok I got it working. Thanks for the help! :D Sadly my memory card only holds 55 blocks and my animal crossing save file is 57...

gamingdudester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the minimum MC hold 256, at least the gamecube official does. You should get a new memory card, or use nintendon't or something Lol
the animal crossing memory card holds 60 or at least its supposed to :/ but i formatted it and it seems like there was some extra unneeded information on the mem card because now theres 58 free blocks. Thanks for all your help :D Now i can play animal crossing without having to worry about my save data/usb "saves" folder being corrupted (Nintendont corrupts my usb for some reason sometimes. idk why lol )

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the animal crossing memory card holds 60 or at least its supposed to :/ but i formatted it and it seems like there was some extra unneeded information on the mem card because now theres 58 free blocks. Thanks for all your help :D Now i can play animal crossing without having to worry about my save data/usb "saves" folder being corrupted (Nintendont corrupts my usb for some reason sometimes. idk why lol )
Make sure you keep it updated, always use the check for update on nintendont. Most people use a sd card, but i dunno, haven't had issue of corruption of data using nintendont. But glad you got it worked out. Have fun. :P

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used the homebrew in a while but according to the features, it should be able to do it.

If i am wrong let me know i will try to remember. I don't have a wii to test this with honestly.
I think I actually never tried importing a .raw into a memory card... You might just have saved me, I will try tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...