Homebrew How to uninstall unlaunch?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But for now you are stuck with the dsi.cfw.guide which isn't even official. People only support that guide because it makes them feel cool to, and they might even have their name in the thanks section. No matter what you say, they won't fix the flaws in the guide.
If the guide really is flawed, then there would be lots of posts here or at the DS(i)brew Discord server, saying "HALP! I BRICKED MY DSI WHAT DO I DO???", but there isn't. If you do see posts like that, then the error is on the user's side, not the guide's.
If you want to know a flawed guide, look at dsiguide.me. That guide tells you how to downgrade, which is not really recommended, and could potentially brick a user's DSi.
dsiguide.me is out-of-date, and may be considered flawed, as a result. As of recently, it's homepage redirects to dsi.cfw.guide.
So, as long as dsi.cfw.guide is up-to-date, it will not be flawed, as the guide exists to help users avoid flaws, not cause them.
Once again, if something went wrong, then it's the fault of the user, not the guide.
If you however, still think that the guide is flawed, then fell free to post some suggestions.
Please understand that there are some suggestions we won't accept, due to it not being good enough, or if it's not suggested by a lot of users.
The DSi scene is still in it's early stages, and if you don't like the stage it's in right now, then it's best to just wait for it to get better.

Reactions: NightScript

DSUPERY92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe this could safely restore NAND files with the fooster at the end. If anyone can test, please try. I am not going to test it, because I don't have a hardmod and don't want to kill a good DSi.
This helped me to have the CID of the DSi that I could not find ways to get it but ... after the downgrade when I was testing the nand of the DSi with NosGba I saw the notorious bootloader error of the DSi and I said: "NO! , I will not restore you on my DSi even with a gun pointed at the head! " and I gave up. I could see the definitive death of my DSi XL ... Nice method to prevent mistakes with NosGba.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder why nobody crawls to the DSiBrew servers? I was completely disrespected and treated awfully there. The rate of the guide working is 40% of the time. I respect dsiguide.me for one thing. It had no ads, and the whole philosophy of the site is way better than the one of dsi.cfw.guide. dsiguide.me was made to provide people with a guide, as there wasn't one. dsi.cfw.guide was made for the reason "I was unsatisfied with the other guides". Like come on, if you rip off another guide, don't add insult to the injury and put four ads on every page. Come on, you can't make a guide and blame the user for every mistake. That isn't user friendly. People only go to that server if they have problems, and it's depressing.
Sure they go to the server if they problems, but look on the bright side. Most of the people's problems are solved!
Another reason why they go there, is because ugopwn isn't working for them, and we have to tell them to use Filpnote Lenny instead.
Filpnote Lenny is made by WinterMute, and putting it on any guide is going against WinterMute's wishes. He has a reason for everything.
Sure, ugopwn's bugs can be fixed, but real life gets in the way of doing that.
Also, why ads? Check here. This applies to dsi.cfw.guide as well.
It doesn't matter how early the scenes are, it's all the same people. Out of all people, why would you complain about this? Blaming the user for all the problems is a TERRIBLE way to think! If something works for some people, that DOESN'T mean it will work for everyone! Here is a story I made using that logic:

Guy1: Hey! I found this new soda machine hack! To do it, type 1337 and you will get free soda!

Guy2: I'll try that at my local Walmart.
*later*
Hey, it didn't work. I tried twice, and instead I wasted my time.

Guy1: thats ur fault lol not mine u did it wrong
Well, you are right about the fact that if something works for some people, that doesn't mean it will work for everyone.
For example, they've followed the guide correctly, and HiyaCFW just white screens for some people, but, the cause may be that the SD card is bigger than 2GB, or it may be something else we don't know about yet.
Also, there's this one guy who has bricked his DSi by restoring a NAND backup. The cause of the brick was that he forgot to encrypt his NAND backup, and he found that out himself, if you ask me.
Come on, you're better than this. I've suggested nicely to make a clean backup, and couldn't receive that. Ask many people, they would want that. One ridiculous thing is how the user has to install a lot of programs! Come on, you can avoid most of the programs being used.
Because we've said your NAND backup is already clean. How much cleaner can it get?
I have made lots of NAND backups with fwTool 1.6.0, just to change a file or two in it, and restoring the backups to my DSi was no problem at all.
To avoid the risks of bricking your DSi with a NAND backup, the backup has to be encrypted, and I've always made sure of that.
If you're really worried about bricking your DSi, then just buy another DSi, but buy an XL/LL one, as it'll very likely have Flipnote.

I'm sorry to say this, but if you don't believe what I've said, and/or the fact that your NAND backup is clean, then I have no choice but to ask you to leave, and not bother us (the TWL team and the ones who worked on dsi.cfw.guide) again. :mellow:
I will not be replying to you again, after this post.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The guide uses FWTool 2.0 JUST to get the files from it
I dont see why they couldn't use a tool like TempNand to get a no$gba footer for testing, if that is what is causing all the issues. It doesnt involve the user having to add it themselves, and also gives them a clean backup.

Reactions: Sha8q

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I uninstalled unlaunch and I also downgraded:https://dsiguide.me/downgrading_(TempNand) follow this guide to uninstall unlaunch!!!!!
I have always said that if there is a method to install a thing there will always be the method to uninstall!
Nice, just thought, you could do the same method but use your current firmware's files so you dont downgrade if you dont want too.

xxd3d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing i just restored a clean nand backup from fwtool 1.6. Thats how i uninstalled unlaunch

It's pretty simple. FWTool 1.6 is able to properly backup and restore NAND backups, FWTool 2.0 doesn't have the option and if you attempt to restore. 2.0 NAND with 1.6 you will brick.

!!!IF THE NAND SIZE IS EXACTLY 245,761 BYTES AND HAS A .SHA FILE IT WAS BACKED UP WITH FWTOOL 2.0!!! lol caps lock

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

An official uninstaller probably won't exist. If it will be made, then use that. But for now you are stuck with the dsi.cfw.guide which isn't even official. People only support that guide because it makes them feel cool to, and they might even have their name in the thanks section. No matter what you say, they won't fix the flaws in the guide. I would make a guide, but I don't have a domain and don't want to buy one.

My Nand file is 251,658,304 bytes, and has a .SHA1 file with it. Can I restore it to uninstall Unlaunch 0.8??

I used the dsi.cfw.guide

xxd3d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You could use the safety checks FWTool, or my Unlaunch saver. Neither of them are safe. You should probably just finish doing dsi.cfw.guide and you will get the old splash back with more features.

I went on ahead and continued where I left off.

I'm here now: finalizing-setup On step 3. "
  1. Copy the contents of CFW - SDNAND root from the DSiMenu++ .7z file to the root of your SD card"

I was able to successfully launch HiyaCFW, but after copying and replacing the title folder on Step 2, my DS now says

"Error!
Failed to read Launcher's
title.tmd"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you shouldnt, you may run into one of your long lost daughters you never knew you had.
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa I had a modified version with texture mods and all kinds of goodies lol https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5g4kxs4UU&t=64s
    Me playing it like 4 years ago on a 2080 Ti lol
    Lol that reminds me I am like 60% sure my step daughter is dead...
    Meth addicts don't move out of a house they are trying to sell and the boyfriend says she moved and does not know where lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was about to be like can't wait for gta6 so @Psionic Roshambo can tell me places to go then you drop that
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But gta6 will be in Psi hometown, and all cars will have a women on the roof, booty shaking.
    +2
    That was a thing here in Florida for a minute
    Like cars with the booty shaking lol I seen it once in person was like smiling lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm talking about visiting areas he hides his bodies at
    Vice City kind of feels like Miami lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, it's a parody iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea think that's where it was supposed to be, Miami
    +1
    Having been to Miami hmmm probably a hundred times lol
    Back in my days as a delivery driver for a cartel well driver slash guy they would send if a payment was forgotten lol
    you know to help them find their checkbook lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice...