Homebrew How to update?

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't touched my 3ds in quiet sometime now, and I recently learned that AuReiNand no longer exists or its not being called AuReiNand anymore anyways, I have a o3ds with A9lh installed, how do I update from AuReiNand to luma3ds's lastest version? And I also recently saw that nintendo dropped the 11.0 update is it safe for a9lh people to update sysnand?

Solution
The only change is that AuReiNAND is now called Luma3DS. You do this by downloading the latest version of Luma3DS (I think it's now version 5.4), copying over the relevant files, and then renaming your payloads (Uncart/Decrypt9/Emunand9).

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

For the 11.0.33 U update, yes, it is safe for A9LH installed people to update sysnand. The only thing is that the new firmware locks out downgrading by putting in a hardcoded system titles, so you should have a working 9.2 sysnand backup if you ever want to get a "stock" system back. Oh, and if you use the cia version of Homebrew Launcher, you'd have to manually rename the payload on the card to reflect the new version of...

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
The only change is that AuReiNAND is now called Luma3DS. You do this by downloading the latest version of Luma3DS (I think it's now version 5.4), copying over the relevant files, and then renaming your payloads (Uncart/Decrypt9/Emunand9).

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

For the 11.0.33 U update, yes, it is safe for A9LH installed people to update sysnand. The only thing is that the new firmware locks out downgrading by putting in a hardcoded system titles, so you should have a working 9.2 sysnand backup if you ever want to get a "stock" system back. Oh, and if you use the cia version of Homebrew Launcher, you'd have to manually rename the payload on the card to reflect the new version of the firmware.

Solution

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply, anyways I didn't understand what you meant by "if you use the cia version of the homebrew launcher, you'd have to manually rename the payload on the card to reflect the new version of the firmware" I installed the homebrew launcher through bbm, it didn't install with AuReiNand so its not a payload

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, you'd have to rename the file on your SD card - it uses a payload to redirect the thing. It's the on root of your SD card - a .bin file. Mine is named "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_OLD-10-7-0-32-USA" - you see it reflects the version and region of your 3DS software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1