Homebrew How to use ARM9 Payloads on a boot9 3DS?

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Oh by the way, could someone test this .firm? It's v2gw converted into a .firm but with the offset changed compared to the usual.
Basically just follow this but use b9s-v2gw.firm instead of v2gw.bin.
How about everyone stop and let someone test this, if it works this will all be over.

Last edited by Slattz,
Reactions: V0ltr0n

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
That's true, maybe it's not even that mandatory to update to luma 7.1, as it does not add many features at the moment
(at least, big ones, only .firm support)
He's a NTR plugin developer. He needs Gateway for that. So, he is (probably) on 11.2. He is already using outdated software. Outdated Luma won't matter to him.

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
He's a NTR plugin developer. He needs Gateway for that. So, he is (probably) on 11.2. He is already using outdated software. Outdated Luma won't matter to him.
tbh, what benefits is there of being on 11.3+? And stop adding fuel to the fire ffs.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Then he could try installing a9lh again.
The thing is, I don't know if b9 and a9lh could "live" at the same time, or if we should wait for a way to uninstall b9

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then he could try installing a9lh again.
The thing is, I don't know if b9 and a9lh could "live" at the same time, or if we should wait for a way to uninstall b9
BootStrap9 is installed into the firm0/firm1 partitions, same as arm9loaderhax, so I'm not even sure if it will work.
I'll hardmod my 3DS in a month or so and test.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is why no one tries to help now a days. Everyone fights about STUPID shit.

Now onto the topic. I thought I saw someone booted with ctrbootmanager after converting it and changing boot.firm to .bin and it booted... So you could try that. Not sure how that will turn out though...

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is why no one tries to help now a days. Everyone fights about STUPID shit.

Now onto the topic. I thought I saw someone booted with ctrbootmanager after converting it and changing boot.firm to .bin and it booted... So you could try that. Not sure how that will turn out though...
Tried it, it doesn't work with cfw's as the cfw's have hard coded offsets that are required, which boot9 doesn't have.

Reactions: Lumince

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
A9LH/ B9S can be flashed with a NAND backup? Flashing a NAND backup usually didn't touch my A9LH installation lol
I think that happens because hourglass9 automatically restore nands keeping a9lh.

EDIT: Maybe he would need to use the "force" option from decrypt9 with an a9lh-nand

Last edited by Arubaro,

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seems like I've learned something new then.

With the GW April update not having been released yet, there could be a chance that they'll release it now with .firm support :D
Anyway, maybe someone should ask derrek (or other devs/ plailect) about deinstalling B9S/ reinstalling A9LH, as I don't think anyone really knows about that yet, it's still day one :s

D

Deleted User

Well, SHE actually CAN be a girl and it has nothing to do with what SHE wants.

Anyway, back on topic.

The point is, @RyDog kinda needs a real time search engine to develop NTR plugins.

Anyway, try this:

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/ctrbootmanager9_b9s-zip.87457/

It should be CTRBootManager9 converthed to dot firm. Set it up the same way as you would set up the "normal" CTRBootManager9 and it will boot dot bin files.
Too bad it doesn't read .firm files yet,but it runs all my old .bin payloads that aren't cfw's.Glad to see it working though

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's something I'd expect from ancientboi +1