Homebrew How to use ARM9 Payloads on a boot9 3DS?

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma recently added a patch to allow going online without updating...

I don't see this in the Luma thread, the releases page, or the wiki. If that's true, how does it work? Does it block updates? Can you safely be in sleep mode with the wireless on? Is the eShop accessible in 11.2?

D

Deleted User

I don't see this in the Luma thread, the releases page, or the wiki. If that's true, how does it work? Does it block updates? Can you safely be in sleep mode with the wireless on? Is the eShop accessible in 11.2?
It makes it so you can stay on 11.3 and still play online with sun and moon.

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was added in 7.0 I don't know if Aurora added it into the changelog, but I can confirm my 3DS is on 11.3, and able to access online without the update nag. I don't know about the eShop, and I think it just gets rid of the update nag, as I also haven't gotten any 'update is ready' pop ups.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Too bad it doesn't read .firm files yet,but it runs all my old .bin payloads that aren't cfw's.Glad to see it working though
I just added firm loading to a first build of BootCTR9 and loading firm files is not that hard, so I don't think it will be that long till its added to CTRBootmanager too.
Sadly Gateways arm9loader .bin does not work on BootCTR9 as firm too, I don't think its something realy big which prevents it from working on arm9bin compatible bootloaders, but still the best way to get it supported would be an official firm build from gateway, which should not be that hard for them to create.

marazzmatika

Naive guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I just recentally installed boot9, everything runs greats, it's just that now all the arm9 payloads have become obsolete.
It's not a big deal, it's just that I want the ability to boot my GW into my emuNAND (don't tell me not to use GW) so I've tried using their .3dsx (with SVC services patched), and since their .3dsx only worked on 9.2 with the really old exploit, it'll fail since it doesn't have a case if it is launched with the correct access already.
And yes, GW has an arm9 payload. I used it to dual boot my 3DS with Luma and Gateway but now I'd like to find a way to launch it.
If anyone knows a way, please let me know and thanks :)
Try BootCTR9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn