ROM Hack how to use other people saves with checkpoint?

lieder1987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory (never tried it), you should be able to download someones save to your SD card, open up checkpoint and restore it. You would have to direct it towards that save, but that is likely easy enough.

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've literally just placed their save in my Checkpoint folder and restored it. Worked perfectly fine. (For Mario Kart 8 DX) Of course, they have to also backup with Checkpoint in order to maintain some semblance of compatibility I'm sure, but I can't imagine a different save program would be too different.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
wow theres save files now ?
thats sweet, i had sold my first switch like last year (i bet many of us did, and bought the dreaded pokken for 3.0 all for nothing, just threw money away XD)

but in any case, i had my Disgaea 5 C save in that switch, now on my newly bought some months ago i replayed Disgaea 5 c but am still not to where id wanna be, i had played couple more chapters on my first switch, and grinded nicely..

and i feel lazy and bored to do the same again, and would love some disgaea 5 c save file !!
even if it is at the ver first 4-6 chapters, i believe there somewhere is the place where you can grind woo.

hope we will have some sort of SaveManager homebrew that will allow us to use other peoples saves sometime soon, it comes in rl handy..

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wow theres save files now ?
thats sweet, i had sold my first switch like last year (i bet many of us did, and bought the dreaded pokken for 3.0 all for nothing, just threw money away XD)

but in any case, i had my Disgaea 5 C save in that switch, now on my newly bought some months ago i replayed Disgaea 5 c but am still not to where id wanna be, i had played couple more chapters on my first switch, and grinded nicely..

and i feel lazy and bored to do the same again, and would love some disgaea 5 c save file !!
even if it is at the ver first 4-6 chapters, i believe there somewhere is the place where you can grind woo.

hope we will have some sort of SaveManager homebrew that will allow us to use other peoples saves sometime soon, it comes in rl handy..
You can use other people’s save files I’ve installed sonic mania because I couldn’t be bothered doing all the bonus stages and it works fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one