Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Using that logic, nobody will share their headers with your for their peace of mind :P

Course they will, why not?, as long as I am straight with them and don't go posting it all over the net the header is quite safe with me and I am not immature about it, so it wont happen. I'm sure some good kind soul will help me out.

Why would I get the new header of someone and go throwing it around for all to use, all I am doing is ruining it for myself for a possible ban, it would be very stupid of me to do it anyway!.

If anyone is going to help me please don't post it in my inbox, email it too me instead I will give my email address to you. ;)

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I dump a 4 GB catrigde, the dump gets split in two files. How do I combine those files into one? Gateway rom splitter does only splitting.
I guess the simpliest way is to use a exFAT sdcard to dump the rom on.

edit:
does somebody have the capabilties to test if an offline game can work with this trick (I don't have my 3ds with me curently)

Reactions: pedrobarca

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Kart 7 header (personal dump) works with Mario Golf scene release
My 2nd DS on 7.2 shows that I'm playing Mario Golf through friends list

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Will one header work with all scene releases?

Just inject a 4GB header for all roms, it will work :) There is one on a page somewhere, it works fine with all scene roms, well so far so good for me! My only concern at the moment is using a header that everyone is using at the same time, I can see problems on the horizon with that. I'm going to purchase myself a cheap 4GB copy retail version just to be sure and use that .BIN file. I just don't feel safe using online headers at all!!!

Reactions: MrJason005

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I dump a 4gb rom, will that be split or will it be a single file?

Because if it is split, how do I extract the header?
If you're using windows, you can use the following command in the command prompt to combine the split files into 1.

copy /b input.3d0+input.3d1 output.3ds

Reactions: tjexp

yondaiime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just tried to use the metal gear header on pokemon x. Got save corruption error (the same error shown when u try to play pokemon x/y before gateway omega). Also, I suspect that I lost my save, haha

bacon22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried to use the metal gear header on pokemon x. Got save corruption error (the same error shown when u try to play pokemon x/y before gateway omega). Also, I suspect that I lost my save, haha

Have the same issue. Only Pokemon X giving me problems. Works fine as .3ds (obv not online), but as .3dz gives corrupt save error.

Presentum

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can anyone tell me the size of animal crossing and the type please? Could my rtail game of animal crossing work on a mk7 rom to play online?

Presentum

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I keep reading all the post and comments over and over again but I can't seem to understand how to match files while editing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also the game drops oct 25, so does call of duty black ops 6, i guess barbenheimer is happening...