Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though i edited a kid icarus dump to work on both street fighter 4 and mario kart 7, i can go into the game, but when i try online it just tries to pair me with anyone but it cant for some reason..

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
people, just a question over here...

the whole purpose of this header swap is for a ONLINE game to go online, if nintendo sees 2 same header games online, both would be banned (well, I suppose, but something bad surely would happen), but don't you think you would also get banned if someone at Nintendo see you with a supposed Mario 3D land online? I mean, that game doesn't even have online! it would be too obvious..

as I said it is just a kind of question at those random dumped headers

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Nintendo will do is only speculation up to this point. I think (doesn't mean it's true) they'll do like with the Wii, and only ban when blatant cheating is going on. I also guess that due to the digital download push they may not want to ban, because they wouldn't want to loose that revenue. Just because you pirated Mario Golf, doesn't mean you won't download the available DLC.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Nintendo will do is only speculation up to this point. I think (doesn't mean it's true) they'll do like with the Wii, and only ban when blatant cheating is going on. I also guess that due to the digital download push they may not want to ban, because they wouldn't want to loose that revenue. Just because you pirated Mario Golf, doesn't mean you won't download the available DLC.

The other thing is that plays into it is this: If Nintendo gathers all of the data that it needs to pick up on the hacks, the one thing that the community has on its side at this time is that the current number of people capable of running the exploit represents a very small percentage when compared to the entire install base (most likely even less than last gen.) This can be kind of protective since (even with a vast amount of data), you have to have something that raises your suspicions to look for an irregularity. If you average the entire online population of a given game and average it out with number of now hacked ROMs on the server, it is most likely still very small. This could all change if a different firmware exploit is found that makes it so that many more people can take advantage of the Gateway cart.

You can kind of look at it like this. You are having a picnic and see one ant. You may just ignore it. You see a couple of ants, and then you may start to swat at them. You see an entire colony of ants invading your picnic, you bring out bug spray.

Reactions: cearp

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patching trimmed roms is a no-go. You want to patch/header swap clean roms, and trim very last.

I was able to trim first then patch. All the ROMs I did was trimmed first (save for the 3 I personally dumped), and I haven't had a problem yet.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It worked! Thanks a lot! :lol:
Wait a minute. Your save issues with Pokemon X/Y are gone? I tried to change the header of my file, but have still currupted save. I changed the values to this:

AE for 6.1
F8 for 2 GB
98 for Card 2

Used my own SSFIV header for this (which is a 2 GB game).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I was able to trim first then patch. All the ROMs I did was trimmed first (save for the 3 I personally dumped), and I haven't had a problem yet.

Well I just have trouble with patching trimmed NDS roms, so maybe 3DS roms don't matter as much.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strangely enough i could connect to 1 battle and a half of street fighter, then it logged me out of the battle and gave an error (nintendo maybe?) error 006-0612

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute. Your save issues with Pokemon X/Y are gone? I tried to change the header of my file, but have still currupted save. I changed the values to this:

AE for 6.1
F8 for 2 GB
98 for Card 2

Used my own SSFIV header for this (which is a 2 GB game).

I think he was just talking about getting it online.

Strangely enough i could connect to 1 battle and a half of street fighter, then it logged me out of the battle and gave an error (nintendo maybe?) error 006-0612
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=006-0612&system=3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.