Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

aliak11

Pokemon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7CQa0UW.png

The first line is the unique ID of the card, for now don't edit it. You can insert any unique ID into and rom. The second line is the Card ID, this is the one you can change. Below is an explanation of what each hex number means.

1. Manufacturer (0x1240)
45 = SanDisk
AE = OKI Semiconductor
C2 = Macronix

2. Size (0x1241)
7F = 128mb
FF = 256mb
FE = 512mb
FA = 1gb
F8 = 2gb
F0 = 4gb

3. Unknown (0x1242)
00 =
02 =

4. Card Type (0x1243)
90 = card1
98 = card2

You can use my program to edit the header of your roms. Here is the Link.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have been looking at the header that is dumped and I think I pretty much know how most of it works.
From my tests, it looks like you can use any card id as long as the rest of the data is correct for the card you are injecting it into. It would help if anyone would send me more files to test.

So I guess this then fix checksum (if there are any) then any ID would work.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
For the first time i needed to setup emunand :lol: After setting it up i'll try pokemon X with my DOA header, hope it works.

MrEl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my tests, it looks like you can use any card id as long as the rest of the data is correct for the card you are injecting it into. It would help if anyone would send me more files to test.

Does that mean you can use any card as long as the rest of the data is correct although the (original) game you're using is not online-play-compatible?

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Injecting 1gb header into Mario Golf allows for online play. Afterwards, it saves as per normal.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injected 1gb header to MK7 and works fine.

Injected 1gb header to Mario Golf and works fine. New save file saves and loads fine.

Injected 2gb header to Sonic Lost Worlds and loads fine. Save data corrupted though. Can't test online yet as haven't unlock.

Injected 4gb header to Bravely default and found out my 50 hours save was unreadable. Panicked and remove internal sd card before online test.

Both header injections done on trimmed roms.

MrEl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question isn't answered yet! Should these roms for original header be the games with multiplay (or online) feature? Or, any game can be used?

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My question isn't answered yet! Should these roms for original header be the games with multiplay (or online) feature? Or, any game can be used?

Looks like nobody tried to inject a single player only game header yet, but their structures are similar so it worth a try.

MrEl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like nobody tried to inject a single player only game header yet, but their structures are similar so it worth a try.

Yeah, I (somehow) think it won't matter whether it is a single player game or multi player game if the code/header can be properly injectable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk