Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I only was lurking for years, most of the times linked from French forums, for homebrew releases and hacking topics.
One day, the Nintendont project was announced, then I started to slowly browse the site more and more, eager to try the first alpha of it.
Bam, it releases in November 2013, and I was amazed to be able to run (very poorly) Wind Waker off my SD card, using a PS3 controler.

This eventually made me look at GBAtemp more and more, especially the Nintendont thread, that I was the most active into during my first year in here.
One day of January 2014, I finally signed up, then started to participate. First almost exclusively in the Nintendont thread, afterward, a bit of anything over the entire community.
This made me keep coming back days after days, and I slowly forged my place in here, and I'm still very happy to come in here everyday, after 4 years.

Last edited by VinsCool,
D

Deleted User

Started with lookin for hacking tools and translations. I've been here ever sense

MaD_mAnIaC

In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I remember buying a gb gamejack and a 16mb cart for my gbc in 2000 or so, importing a gba from japan in 2001 and buying a flash2advance as soon as they got released... as far as i remember i found gbatemp because it was one of the few places where you could talk to people owning the same stuff, and i think i used to come here a lot to get ips patches too. nostalgic stuff lol :D

Last edited by MaD_mAnIaC,
Reactions: Chary

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was originally led here by GodMode9, actually before I had my 3DS hacked. I liked the site, and soon after I registered to ask how to get my 3DS hacked. Thanks @vb_encryption_vb =)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh yeah, that garbage homebrew app that got onto TitleDB! I actually tried it because I thought "fuck it, let's try it" and it's actually not even a very good program.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've read about it from KiVan, from a random ROM hosting website's tagboard/shoutbox, before it even existed :P
common ROM websites had only old releases, so KiVan said he will make his own repository with latest always up to date dumps.

Last edited by Cyan,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While there was more "competition" in the GBA era GBAtemp was even then the pre-eminent one and most searches for things to do with it would wind me back up here.

I was not really into commenting on the internet back then though so I mostly skimmed it, or indeed the last ?? posts on the front page, whenever I got linked during a search.

Later most searches landed here so I started keeping up with things, around the same sort of time as I started doing the posting on the internet thing.

The day I signed up was a day of high traffic or something and was made mandatory to view. I still wonder if I was the first after that as it was almost a "press refresh and oh" thing. It would however be some time before I started to post in earnest here. The DS was already a thing by this point and it eventually started all that I liked from the GBA, except better still, so I stuck around for that. The 3ds was a bit of a wet fart and the switch is shaping up to be the same but there is still enough going on that I stick around.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I lurked around a good while before signing up, was over on the IRC server back when the site and the server was more... dubious. I think I came across it from an internet search (not sure if it was Google at that time ;) ) or if it was from other IRC servers.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I was reading up on the GBA Movie Player V2 and stumbled upon the Temp. I lurked for a bit, and when they included the mandatory registration to view threads, I registered, and here I am.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok