Hacking hows this ! dead an gone. so stop "pm" me

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBricker said:
Crediar didn't say that he is going to abandone development, but cancel the closed beta. See this twitter message.

As for why he didn't release an open beta, I think it's quite obvious. Closed betas make sense for early unstable builds with possibly lots of bugs. If those builds get public, people will upload them elsewhere and people will bitch about crashes, bugs, failures etc. and blame the coder for releasing crappy code. This blog entry is kind of related. A closed beta enables a coder to keep things organized as the amount of people that got test builds is limited and he is in touch with them via IRC etc. When most bugs have been sorted out and code becomes more stable, then a public beta would make sense, especially for things like game compatibilities.
This does make sense to me. I've seen this happen with USB Loader GX development before the beta build updates where isolated from the software update function. The distinction between beta software in development, and final release versions is lost on most.

-[]D

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
PPSainity said:
This does make sense to me. I've seen this happen with USB Loader GX development before the beta build updates where isolated from the software update function. The distinction between beta software in development, and final release versions is lost on most.

Exactly. A lot of people don't trust USB loader GX anymore because of the bugs in the unstable betas. People are generally just dumb and judge things the primitive way (works = good, doesn't work = bad).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWb8Lb89dzg