• Total voters

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm apparently [slightly] 'short-sighted'....

... When I say that - I've been wearing glasses, for driving mainly, since I was 16 [Now 45] HOWEVER, the last 2-3 eye-checks I've had I've been told that the lenses are 'weak', don't need changing & that I don't really need to wear them for driving (I still do though)
I'm not sure if this is the same for your country but in Australia if you need Glasses for Driving your License is basically stamped to indicate you need Glasses to drive. So even if an eye doctor told you that you didn't have to wear them wouldn't your license say other wise?
Maybe in Australia - but not in UK....Unless when they changed to the 'new' credit card driving licences - that info is added to it.

I've still got one of the older 'paper' licences (although it IS falling to bits & stuck together with selotape) & that type of info isn't on there

DarkraiHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Short sighted. :c
Don't really know what caused them, but I guess watching too much T.V and reading in the dark caused it. I am currently wearing glasses, have contact lenses but I've never actually tried them.

JonnyPoots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm far-sighted wth a gnarly astigmatism. I'm also left eye dominant (sinister), but otherwise right side dominant - this makes things weird at times (equilibrium-wise). In the past, I was lucky if my corrective lenses brought me anywhere near 20/20, but my most recent glasses brought my vision all the way up to 20/10 (i know, right). I feel like a super-hero with my new specs! More insanely, though, these glasses make me feel short (like a couple inches).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have bad eyes (short-sighted) since high school. Dunno what caused it. My sister and I are the only ones in our familiy who have bad eyes. But I don't have glasses and have yet to let a doctor check my eyes (yes, I somehow managed to live all the time without glasses).

On a related note, to all who wear contacts, how does it feel like to have lenses put in your eyes? Does it hurt?

stylow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't even know what this 20/20 is but whatever. I wear contacts and they are -5 and -5.5 for my right and left eye respectively.
i have 20/20 although in the summer i have an allergic reaction for grass and some trees and than sometimes i see a little blurr thing but it goes away with water

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I'm apparently [slightly] 'short-sighted'....

... When I say that - I've been wearing glasses, for driving mainly, since I was 16 [Now 45] HOWEVER, the last 2-3 eye-checks I've had I've been told that the lenses are 'weak', don't need changing & that I don't really need to wear them for driving (I still do though)
I'm not sure if this is the same for your country but in Australia if you need Glasses for Driving your License is basically stamped to indicate you need Glasses to drive. So even if an eye doctor told you that you didn't have to wear them wouldn't your license say other wise?
Maybe in Australia - but not in UK....Unless when they changed to the 'new' credit card driving licences - that info is added to it.

I've still got one of the older 'paper' licences (although it IS falling to bits & stuck together with selotape) & that type of info isn't on there

Ahh ok I wasn't sure if the UK had the same rules as us driving wise.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

How does that work if you passed your test and got your license without needing glasses, then for some reason your vision deteriorated and you started needing glasses to drive? Do they update your license? What if you just need glasses for night driving?

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had great eyes now there just meh.
I have great close up vision but far away is like terrible and medium distance i can read it.
I have glasses but I don't wear them much only when I really need them in class or what.
I think I have been affected by using the computer playing videogames and studying.
When you think about it most people these days only do nearsighted things.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got glasses late December. Turns out I have the same eyes as my father. Got Astigmatism which isnt too bad. I am already used to them and feel better having them on.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country

How does that work if you passed your test and got your license without needing glasses, then for some reason your vision deteriorated and you started needing glasses to drive? Do they update your license? What if you just need glasses for night driving?

I'm not sure about the night driving but every time your License is updated you take an Eye test before hand.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been using classes since I was around 9.
My eye sight wasn't that bad at first but have only became worse as the years keept going.

At the moment I have -6 with glasses and -5.50 with contacts.

Only using glasses at the moment because I can't afford contacts. Used only contacts for about 6-7 years (didn't even have glasses during that period)
Had monthly contacts. Which you put in, let them be there for a month and than after 30 days I just changed them.(yes you sleep with them)a

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU