Hacking Huge exploit found on firmware 3.0.0: smhax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
yeah...people are overreacting thinking this exploit will be released soon, don't expect a useful homebrew even this year. Buy two Switch for piracy for no spend more money?.............

Ashachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Saying: "Well, of course we will hack something don't update please" is not warning. Saying:"3.0.0 has a huge exploit don't update" IS WARNING.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough, everytime a new update is released they always suggested waiting until they said it was safe to update, which they indeed do (for example: https://twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570)
Have you read somewhere someone stating "feel free to update to 3.0.1 safely?", I think not... then why did you update? Again, your fault.

Last edited by Ashachu,

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Are large numbers of people still buying Switches and then returning them to Nintendo because of hardware faults like the batteries only lasting a minute and the controllers disconnecting?

Stercate79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didnt get it, everytime a new update is released they always suggested waiting until they said it was safe to update, which they indeed do https://twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570
Have you read somewhere someone stating "feel free to update to 3.0.1 safely?", I think not... then why did you update? Again, your fault.
Who the fuck said that it's their fault? I said that saying:"do not update cuz updates are bad" is different from :3.0.0 has a huge exploit do not update". The 3.0.0 exploit is known since way before 3.0.1 came out.

Last edited by Stercate79,

Ashachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Who the fuck said that it's their fault? I said that saying:"do not update cuz updated are bad" is different from :3.0.0 has a huge exploit do not update". The 3.0.0 exploit is known since way before 3.0.1 came out.
You're blaming them for not being clear enough, and you won't understand that they have always been clear.
Also, it's not bad/good, it's pegaswitch/whatever still works/doesn't work, they were clearly reporting that when warning users.. what are you talking about?

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll be following what happens with this very closely. Gonna keep updating my Switch for now, because there's big titles on the horizon and I don't want to miss out on those. Plus, I do want my daily Splatoon fix. Maybe a year or two down the line I'll pick up a new Switch with low FW if any major progress is made in the homebrew scene.

D

Deleted User

Maybe a year or two down the line I'll pick up a new Switch with low FW if any major progress is made in the homebrew scene.
No. If you want a chance, buy one now. Now that this news has broken, loads of people will be selling <=3.0 switches. We saw it with the 3DS, so now is your only chance

Stercate79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're blaming them for not being clear enough, and you won't understand that they have always been clear.
Also, it's not bad/good, it's pegaswitch/whatever still works/doesn't work, they were clearly reporting that when warning users.. what are you talking about?
They weren't clear at all. Saying:"Do not update to X.X.X is bad don't do it" is obvious, everyone can say it! Look: "4.0.0 is gonna be bad guys."

Ashachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They weren't clear at all. Saying:"Do not update to X.X.X is bad don't do it" is obvious, everyone can say it! Look: "4.0.0 is gonna be bad guys."
so they talk about bugs they're working on and that need to be tested for each new version and you think it's not a big deal and update anyway
but if they precisely talked about exploit you wouldn't have
what's the difference? lol

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that. :) It's a bug that exists on everything there and prior. Just was curious if there was a way to get to 3.0 without too much hassle, haha.

Whelp, time to start digging for a Switch before the native firm is too far along. Also, wasn't there something about firmware spoofing not being possible with Switch due to some hardware stuff blowing fuses or was someone spouting random stuff?

The Switch has firmware protection built into it through e-Fuses, the system burns a certain number and knows on a physical level what version it should have. This is roll-back protection for cases like this specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...