Humble is offering a collection of discounted VR titles in its latest bundle

Ya517ad.png

If you're looking to get a VR headset later this holiday season, or you've already got one, then you might be interested in the latest Humble Bundle. The Fall VR Bundle offers some well-received virtual reality games that haven't gone on much of a discount yet, including Creed: Rise to Glory, The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, I Expect You to Die, and more. At the time of writing, the current beat the average price is $15.69. while $17 will net you all of the games. The Fall VR Bundle is set to last for a little less than two weeks, so you've still got time to decide. If you are interested, don't forget that you can adjust the amount that charities, publishers, and Humble itself receive from your payment.

:arrow: Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a HP Reverb G2 on preorder, and I Expect You To Die is one of the games I'm interested in trying, so I'm definitely going to have to pick up this bundle, just to have some stuff ready to try out as soon as I get it.
Thanks for the heads up :)
Um...

...is the Steam Index for sale? If I get out of debt by the end of this month, and I haven't been shown the door at my current job, it's the headset I'm aiming for atm!
Don't get a Valve Index, get the Reverb G2, it's half the price and better in many ways.

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I have a HP Reverb G2 on preorder, and I Expect You To Die is one of the games I'm interested in trying, so I'm definitely going to have to pick up this bundle, just to have some stuff ready to try out as soon as I get it.
Thanks for the heads up :)

Don't get a Valve Index, get the Reverb G2, it's half the price and better in many ways.
The G2 isn't even out yet-
But uh
It depends on what you like.

Index
Better audio and mic, better Field of View, much higher refresh rate, more controller features, bigger IPD range, and better tracking
$999

G2
Higher resolution
$599

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The G2 isn't even out yet-
But uh
It depends on what you like.

Index
Better audio and mic, better Field of View, much higher refresh rate, more controller features, bigger IPD range, and better tracking
$999

G2
Higher resolution
$599
Actually it's out. People are starting to receive their preorders already.
The G2 has exactly the same audio solution as the Valve Index. Not sure on the mic, haven't heard much talk about it, but the headphones are the same, and that's one of the big selling points. It has higher resolution, better clarity, no halo around bright objects (just better lenses overall), inside out tracking (I consider this a pro, if you want to mess around with lighthouses that's up to you, but indeed, it depends on what you like)

In the end what matters is the gameplay experience and immersion and the better clarity and higher resolution (screen door effect is completely gone) gives the Reverb G2 the edge when it comes to immersion. The Valve Index has the edge when it comes to gameplay experience, due to the more advanced controllers and tracking. But you can get the best of both worlds, and use the Reverb G2 with the Index lighthouses and controllers if you are so inclined, and that would be pretty much the ultimate setup right now.

On paper, they are roughly equal with the Index having a slight edge but considering the price the Reverb G2 is the better purchase by far. Everyone seems to agree that the Index is not $400 better than the Reverb G2. The FoV difference is not significant (TBH FoV of all mainstream VR headsets is still pretty bad, even the Index) and 90 Hz is a respectable refresh rate especially at that resolution, which you would pretty much need a 3080 or better to drive 4K VR at 144hz and good luck finding one of those. But it's still a good option for those that have a lot of money to burn.

And hmm. I had not even considered IPD range because mine is 67 mm and that fits pretty much any VR headset on the market anyways. I would guess those with very wide or narrow IPD are in the minority anyway.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's too much considering that VR headsets don't last the five to six years video game consoles do. I would ratter buy a PS5 instead.

Or a Xbox Series X and nab the 100 games suscripción.
They do, seeing you can still use the original vive and oculus but you can't use a ps3 or Xbox 360 anymore for newer titles plus that wasn't the point of this conversation.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.