HWFLY chips will brick your OLED. Here is how to avoid it

First things first, I should start by saying that if you have an OLED-specific clone chip you're fine.

Anyways, all HWFLY Lite chips come with Spacecraft v1. For those that don't know, Spacecraft v1 sets certain pins to 5V that shouldn't be set to that on an OLED.

You can find more info in the readme of my application here: https://github.com/Pheeeeenom/payloadchecker

All this application does is check the payload that's currently written and checks it to verified hashes stored in the program.

Steps to follow are:

Boot hekate
Dump BOOT0
Check it on application

If you have a genuine modchip, update it to the latest Spacecraft v2 before you install it into an OLED.

The OLED-specific modchip also comes with broken USB debugging, if you want to fix this issue you will need to write this repaired firmware binary.

Mena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me what I should do with the oled chip I have coming to ensure I don't mess my oled up. The chip I'm getting should have the usb port. Also I've seen they have bad sd card support but that you can fix that? How would I do that?
They don't have bad SD card support, whoever told you that is lying. The payload I made has improved SD card support thanks to other developers. I simply added it and compiled it. The improvement helps Kingston cards and some Samsung cards. To add the OLED chip is fine.

Infinitum8t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They don't have bad SD card support, whoever told you that is lying. The payload I made has improved SD card support thanks to other developers. I simply added it and compiled it. The improvement helps Kingston cards and some Samsung cards. To add the OLED chip is fine.

I don't know the source of mjd515's comment.

I found a mention on the Twitter feed of @sthetixofficial on January 6.
The quote was, "This new OLED chip is picky, not all micro sd cards work with it (either as exFAT or FAT32)."

I believe the payload you mentioned has improved on that.

mjd515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for replying! How can I use your payload on the chip?

Reactions: Infinitum8t

Mena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the source of mjd515's comment.

I found a mention on the Twitter feed of @sthetixofficial on January 6.
The quote was, "This new OLED chip is picky, not all micro sd cards work with it (either as exFAT or FAT32)."

I believe the payload you mentioned has improved on that.
Thanks so much for replying! How can I use your payload on the chip?
Full disclosure: it improves SD card compatibility but worsens glitching on the OLED. I'm still tinkering with it

Reactions: Infinitum8t

sofakng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know of this is the latest (most recent) OLED version of the HWFLY?

1641778859763.png

If so, is this safe to use on OLED? Is it possible to update in the future?

Vladjaye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OLED-specific modchip also comes with broken USB debugging, if you want to fix this issue you will need to write this repaired firmware binary.
So, I'm still bit confused about this part. I have the OLED chip on green background coming. It has USB debugging broken and presumably issues with my 512GB Samsung SD card? Do I have to flash the repaired firmware over USB to fix USB debugging? What is meant by "USB debugging"? Ability to freely flash any spacecraft-nx version?

Attachments

• H0e4a8ee6aa4e442b9b5de4b74213bd80n.jpg
    H0e4a8ee6aa4e442b9b5de4b74213bd80n.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 79

allenhori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Which OLED-specific modchip are you referring to? I've seen 2 different versions so just wondering if both are ok or just one of them?
I've ordered the one with the white background so can't test it myself as it hasnt arrived yet and I don't want to install it if it's going to cause damage. So do you know if that is a ok OLED modchip to use?

Thanks for any help.

if you ordered the one with white background (no usb debugging port but with a new ribbon cable) from Taobao, I’ve just got a clarification from their tech guy on YouTube it uses spacecraft v2.

Attachments

• C22404D2-E8B4-49C8-8B9A-8992C9BD1D7E.jpeg
    C22404D2-E8B4-49C8-8B9A-8992C9BD1D7E.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Synxx

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
if you ordered the one with white background (no usb debugging port but with a new ribbon cable) from Taobao, I’ve just got a clarification from their tech guy on YouTube it uses spacecraft v2.

Damn, looks like he just put the OLED one up for sale.

I ordered this one from him on Wednesday and it was picked up by the courier already for international shipping by the time I saw this thread.

Do you think you can ask him if this one has v0.2.0? I sent him a message through Taobao, but no reply yet.

O1CN019TZwBM1rKnqkejgEM_!!2208417485613.jpg_430x430.jpg

allenhori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Damn, looks like he just put the OLED one up for sale.

I ordered this one from him on Wednesday and it was picked up by the courier already for international shipping by the time I saw this thread.

Do you think you can ask him if this one has v0.2.0? I sent him a message through Taobao, but no reply yet.

O1CN019TZwBM1rKnqkejgEM_!!2208417485613.jpg_430x430.jpg

Me too bought the lite right before they put up the oled specific version. I’m 95% sure it’s v1 and can’t be flashed. I do however see people selling the original SX Lite on Xianyu which is like a sub-brand of Taobao, without the oled specific cables but also cheap. Around as cheap as 700CNY. Best bet is to invest in that.
Btw, there’s no returns/exchange for the item, I had a chat with their support on Taobao last night (Reason I ordered the oled specific model on top of lite). The response I got was from about an hour ago and I didn’t know it uses v2. I was hoping to reprogram it using gd-link but guess I don’t need it now.

Tembokbesi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Xianyu sells second hand, aka used, products.

That’s why they don’t allow returns or exchanges.

You’re getting an used SX Lite, probably removed from a dead console.
im selling my switch lite with sx lite inside last week and now i use oled with hwfly which is dont know the version but it seem v2/3 with spacecraft v1 :rofl2:

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Me too bought the lite right before they put up the oled specific version. I’m 95% sure it’s v1 and can’t be flashed. I do however see people selling the original SX Lite on Xianyu which is like a sub-brand of Taobao, without the oled specific cables but also cheap. Around as cheap as 700CNY. Best bet is to invest in that.
Btw, there’s no returns/exchange for the item, I had a chat with their support on Taobao last night (Reason I ordered the oled specific model on top of lite). The response I got was from about an hour ago and I didn’t know it uses v2. I was hoping to reprogram it using gd-link but guess I don’t need it now.

Dunno what I'm going to do with my hwfly lite now. Not sure if I should order the new OLED one, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7